Emmeline, P-51, The Mustang...
Dec 9, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #526 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by xryptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted a gold knob as well. But I think there is only brass? I should have stated if its brass change to white. Mine is not here yet, are there any photos of it? I hope it still looks good

Regards.

Here's the photos~Brass knob is not bad, but gold knob is certainly better for me.

1000081gy1.jpg

1000082mn2.jpg

1000078rr0.jpg

1000080wc3.jpg

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #527 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by badbad2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) Do I need to turn on power when i charge? I plug in the charger but no light.

2) The gain switch very deep inside, is that normal? any tips to change gain? use pen?

Some of the members previously described in this page:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5109471-post302.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by palestofwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay a gentle reminder to those who can't tell if the amp is charging, etc. I believe Jamato had touched on this before but I'm going to put it up by request of some. Here goes:

The power indication light will only turn on when the switch is ON.

So this is how you tell how much charge your amp is holding by the switch light:

Blinking/ Pulsating Red - Very Low Charge (You should charge it now)

Faint Red - Half or Low Charge.

Bright Red - Full to High Charge.

You can turn On the switch every now and then to monitor the charge. Currently mine has run 2 days after the 1st charge and is still going well.

and for the 2nd question, you can simply use the ball point pen to select the gain switch.

===============================

I saw some of us who paid the same day on Nov 30 received their Mustangs. I hope I will get my baby soon!

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #528 of 650
You might not like having ink on your switch. You can use a blunt paper clip or maybe a PDA stylus if you carry one.

*And do turn down the volume first before doing any higher gain switch. It will do serious harm to your ears*

For my case I will turn the volume down all the way when performing any gain switching to prevent accidental triggers.

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #530 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by williamchc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the photos~Brass knob is not bad, but gold knob is certainly better for me.
1000078rr0.jpg

Fan of knob on the left, matches text better in your photos. Don't like the gold knob on the right. I think you should replace the gold on the right with a brass color knob.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #531 of 650
Hi Ray,

I paid for the amp today. Here is the info:

Pre-order post: #73
Amount: $349.17 USD
Transaction Date: 9 DEC. 2008
Transaction ID: 2YM245040U3037829
Color: Black with Brass knob

Thanks a lot and looking forward to listening to this little marvel!

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #532 of 650
Hi Ray,

I paid for a P51 one week ago. Here is the info:

Order: reply to your mail.
Paypal transaction completed.
Amount:$437.64 USD including shipping to France.
Transaction Date: 2 DEC. 2008
Transaction ID: 99F59500A77292417
Color: Black

Any news about the shipping delay, Thanks.

Eric

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #533 of 650
just received my P-51 Mustang, wow great work Ray, and man is it smaller than expected.

great work Ray!!!
darthsmile.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #534 of 650
Ray-

Please see payment details-

Payment details
Amount: $400.67 USD
Transaction Date: Dec. 9, 2008
Transaction ID: 2JT12598AD8736053

Please note, my shipping address is:

Chris Nahm
TRG Group
2047 Westport Center Dr., St. Louis MO. 63146

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #536 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by todd@tk7.net /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just received my P-51 Mustang, wow great work Ray, and man is it smaller than expected.

great work Ray!!!
darthsmile.gif

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work last night as well.....and I douldn't agree more, in spite of the on-line images and commentary, my P-51 Mustang is much smaller than I expected. When she first saw it, SWMBO said "you are kidding, right?" Then we listened.....

All listening was through Etymotic ER4S and source files were iPod Classic lossless through LOD. This is NOT burnt in, but out of the box I must say that the differences between this amp and my old Airhead are not subtle.....this amp is much faster, punchier in the low end (even with Etys). The first thing to hit me was the texture and depth of the staging image.....I don't simply hear a flat spread of instruments from side to side, there is depth as well. All-in-all a very musical presentation.....I can't wait for it to burn in and to spend some time with it driving my Triple.Fi 10 Pro's.

Thanks. Ray.....you have made my Christmas!!

It must be a great feeling to create something that makes so many people happy.....CONGRATS!!

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #537 of 650
While I know this pic really doesn't belong here, but............ I got my P51 last night and am a happy camper. So, took a pic of my new "portable" rig. It is an Aluminum MacBook-Moon Blue Dragon cable-P51 Mustang-v.3 Darthbeyer.
It appears there will be very good synergy.

newPortableRig.jpg

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #539 of 650
I just recieved my mustang today. To give an estimated shipping time I paid on the 2nd of December. It was 7 days shipping to Canada. Thank you ray and happy holidays.

Dec 11, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #540 of 650
Got my Mustang today! Delivered to the wrong house (thank you, Fed Ex!)
One question: I don't think I can wait overnight to listen to it, as per the instructions; any problem with charging it for a 3 hours and listening for awhile, and then charging over night??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back