Emmeline, P-51, The Mustang...
Dec 6, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #496 of 650
Getting impatient, but didn't want to buy Ray (I suspect he's as busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger).

Called Fedex and just said: "I have a Super Saver package enroute from Ray Samuels Audio, but I don't have a tracking number. Can you find it?"

After providing my address, Fedex confirmed that my Mustang is scheduled for a Tuesday delivery in California. But could even arrive Monday.
(Thanks Ray - this amp has me on pins & needles - can't wait to plug in the 3's)

I then asked Fedex if they could hold my package at the (nearby) Fedex office, for pick up. (It's called "Doing a HAL" - Hold At Location)

No problem: they will call me when it gets there.
They even gave me a "Case number", to expedite telephone tracking, if I call for an update before delivery.

How cool is all that?

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #497 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting impatient, but didn't want to buy Ray (I suspect he's as busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger).

Called Fedex and just said: "I have a Super Saver package enroute from Ray Samuels Audio, but I don't have a tracking number. Can you find it?"

After providing my address, Fedex confirmed that my Mustang is scheduled for a Tuesday delivery in California. But could even arrive Monday.
(Thanks Ray - this amp has me on pins & needles - can't wait to plug in the 3's)

I then asked Fedex if they could hold my package at the (nearby) Fedex office, for pick up. (It's called "Doing a HAL" - Hold At Location)

No problem: they will call me when it gets there.
They even gave me a "Case number", to expedite telephone tracking, if I call for an update before delivery.

How cool is all that?

Didn't want to BUG Ray. (typo)

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #498 of 650
I feel back, I bugged him yesterday about my tracking number then I got home and it was on my doorstep.

Lesson learned...

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #499 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel back, I bugged him yesterday about my tracking number then I got home and it was on my doorstep.

Lesson learned...

I'll betcha Ray fully understands how excited we get over his products.
(although, I would still avoid intrusions at this point in his production schedule, since they will only cause delays for customers downstream)

My guess is that Ray is just an overgrown kid, like the rest of us, but with an amazing talent.

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #500 of 650
is there a brass and a gold?

sometimes the brass looks a perfect beige/golden colour. and sometimes its just a very strong gold

frown.gif

can someone help decide for me?

i wanna order an all-wine with a brass knob, or maybe a white one.

grrr decisions.

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #502 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered an all black P51 but received a black case with brass know. It does look great though!

Nice surprise IMO.
beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #504 of 650
Quote:

Some magic here:
biggrin.gif

3087509275_49ebf38795_d.jpg

Hey - you got a 4G Nano?
(IIRC in a recent pic, you had a black 3G)

So, tell us:
is there any improvement in the LOD SQ, with the new non-Wolfson DAC???

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #505 of 650
Quote:

Thanks
biggrin.gif
I have to buy the new Nano, build the new LOD to match with the P51. I also change the purple pouch to my KSC35s' black pouch lol.

Lil' Knight, did buy or make this cable. either way can you send me place or specs so that I can make/buy

great combo of the Nano/P-51
L3000.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #506 of 650
Quote:

So, tell us:
is there any improvement in the LOD SQ, with the new non-Wolfson DAC???

There's always big improvement when using a LOD
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd@tk7.net /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lil' Knight, did buy or make this cable. either way can you send me place or specs so that I can make/buy

I built it myself.

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #508 of 650
Quote:

Should have been more specific:

Lil' Knight - did you notice any SQ improvement between 3G Nano Lineout, and the 4G Nano Lineout?

(Apple changed DACs in 4G)

Oh, sorry I don't have the 4g Nano. Only the Video and 3g nano.

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #509 of 650
I may have to pick a 4G Nano up over the holidays, and compare the new DAC to the 3G.

Have checked the portable source forums here, but haven't seen a comparison on SQ between: 3G Nano LOD - to - 4G Nano LOD.

Everybody tends to compare headphone outs.

(4G curved case may make it a bit less of a secure connection to amp, via Velcro - but, where there's a will, there's a way)

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #510 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by todd@tk7.net /img/forum/go_quote.gif

great combo of the Nano/P-51
L3000.gif

Todd,

Lil' Knight was kind enough to make one for me, upon request.
(silver cryo wire - custom length - iPod 4G-6G compatible pinouts - fast turnaround - it's on its way).

Just send him a PM, for pricing.

I'll post impressions (compared to ALO Cryo dock) soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back