Emmeline, P-51, The Mustang...
Dec 12, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #557 of 650
You won't be disappointed for the waiting
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #558 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by smart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reading from many threads, we can just set the volume at the your normal listening level, but you need to make sure to give appropriate hours to "Low/Mid/High" gain with your phones connected. I have my SR71A burned-in with SE530/MS2i/HD650 for the Low/Mid/High gain, each of the gain has more than 60 hrs now.

Correct my if I'm wrong.

Burning in is to form the capacitors and they are usually placed only in the input and output stages. The gain stage consists of resistors which need no burning in.

To burn in faster, use the combination of gain and equipment that gives the highest current flow.

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #559 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by pegasus21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burning in is to form the capacitors and they are usually placed only in the input and output stages. The gain stage consists of resistors which need no burning in.

To burn in faster, use the combination of gain and equipment that gives the highest current flow.

Thank you so much for your suggestion, Pegasus
smily_headphones1.gif
That means, in my case, using HD650 with High gain should be the proper way to go?

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #560 of 650
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif
That means, in my case, using HD650 with High gain should be the proper way to go?

That's what I used to burn in my amp.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #561 of 650
Thank you, Lil' Knight
smily_headphones1.gif

(P.S.) I stopped by your Flickr pages ... what a huge collection of craftsmanship you have.

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #562 of 650
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not too sure about which requires more current since it's all linked between impedence and voltage too. I do know for sure that you only need to do it at only 1 gain setting. So just pick one if there's no way to measure which requires more current and at least it'll be 1/3 of the time you were burning in at
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #563 of 650
Anyone from Australia (Melbourne, Sydney etc.) gotten their P-51 yet? I paid on the 2nd of December and still waiting. Hopefully it's any day now. Not sure how to do the whole tracking thing though.

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #564 of 650
Thanks again Pegasus.

I spent a while in FedEx to find the way to track the shipment, but it looked like all we can do is waiting with patience. Some of us in South East Asia got their amps (like Singapore), but none in Thailand (yeah, it seems like I'm the only one who made pre-order, from what I know). So, it's the same for the folks in down under.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #565 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by chai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone from Australia (Melbourne, Sydney etc.) gotten their P-51 yet? I paid on the 2nd of December and still waiting. Hopefully it's any day now. Not sure how to do the whole tracking thing though.

I'm still waiting for mine and I've paid on the 30th, shipping is to the UK. As to tracking number, you won't get one. The last two amp I bought off Ray, no tracking number was provided
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #566 of 650
I got my P51 this past Tuesday (New York City) and it's proving to be as reviewed and a keeper.............but, ditto re tracking. None! Without tracking - how do you know when to be home, or have coverage.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #567 of 650
Hi there,

Just to let you know it took 9 days from the day I sent the PayPal message (nov 30th) to the day I switched the Mustang on here in Spain.
No problem with the custom. Thank you Ray
wink_face.gif

JL

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #568 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurguzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just waiting for a good LOD to arrive in the mail. Also, the P-51 fits very nicely under the 4G Nano.

Which LOD you are going to get for the nano and p51?
I will get a nano and a p51 too but I need flexible cable to have them stacked without problems.
ph34r.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #569 of 650
Thankfully I'm the proud new owner of one P51 "Mustang".

I was given serial # P096. I'm in under the wire of the first 100 of these babies he sells. I'd be curious how many total he sells. But, at any rate, it's beautiful, sounds freakin excellent even using the speaker out (for now until I get a line level source) Ray S. recommends the iPod Video I guess. Any other suggestions? How about interconnect?
Thank You

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #570 of 650
Got my all Black Mustang on Thursday
icon10.gif
WOW, the service, build, size and of course sound, right out of the box is pretty stunning
atsmile.gif
Such a clean, tight sound and the vocals are amazing
gs1000.gif
Enjoying it while it burns-in and expecting it to get even better
ksc75smile.gif
Incredible piece of kit Ray, fantastic service, seriously, many Thanks
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back