Emmeline, P-51, The Mustang...
Dec 14, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #571 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thankfully I'm the proud new owner of one P51 "Mustang".

I was given serial # P096. I'm in under the wire of the first 100 of these babies he sells. I'd be curious how many total he sells. But, at any rate, it's beautiful, sounds freakin excellent even using the speaker out (for now until I get a line level source) Ray S. recommends the iPod Video I guess. Any other suggestions? How about interconnect?
Thank You

Congratulations on recieving your P-51! An iPod Video would be a good choice if you don't mind it being twice the size, as its capacity is good for holding all those FLAC files. 3G Nano would be the best match, as it shares similar footprint. Apple has them for $99, lil'knight posted in potable rig gallery & they look great together. I have a iPod Video 5.5G, and I'm ordering my Mustang soon. As far as a LOD, first, I think you have to know what type of sound signature you like. Secondly, The type of music you listen to and the Cans/IEM being used also come into play synergestically speaking. Youre already off to a great start w/the P-51, just get the right DAP & LOD to suit your needs/budget. And youre going to have one killer portable rig
atsmile.gif

Good Luck & Happy Holidays!
Headphile808

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #572 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations on recieving your P-51! An iPod Video would be a good choice if you don't mind it being twice the size, as its capacity is good for holding all those FLAC files. 3G Nano would be the best match, as it shares similar footprint. Apple has them for $99, lil'knight posted in potable rig gallery & they look great together. I have a iPod Video 5.5G, and I'm ordering my Mustang soon. As far as a LOD, first, I think you have to know what type of sound signature you like. Secondly, The type of music you listen to and the Cans/IEM being used also come into play synergestically speaking. Youre already off to a great start w/the P-51, just get the right DAP & LOD to suit your needs/budget. And youre going to have one killer portable rig
atsmile.gif

Good Luck & Happy Holidays!
Headphile808

Thank You Headphile808 for the great information. There is just one reason I'm thinking of passing on the iPod Nano. The reason being, I know myself and sooner or later I'd want that mod offered by Red Wine Audio Red Wine Audio iMod Well, I guess they can't/won't mod a Nano. Also, the iPod HAS TO BE 4th or 5th/5.5 Gen or it's a no go. I haven't sprung yet for an ultra expensive set of cans yet but I do own Yuin PK1 and 3,Shure SE310, Koss Portapro a pair of Crossroads X3 etc. I picked up a Little Dot MK I+ last week and as nice as it is, I think/know this Mustang will ultimately be my main amp. I see you guys call interconnect an LOD? Not sure what that is but I'd still like a few suggestions. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #573 of 650
LOD (Line Out Dock) is a IC w/a 3.5mm mini plug (Headphone Jack) on one end & a iPod dock connector on the other. It allows you to bypass the internal amp of the iPod, thus allowing you to use your amp. ALO Audio & Whiplash Audio would be your best bets. Both are reputable sponsors here & have great products ranging from $45-$195.
Or you could have something custom made by one of the many talented members here at Head-Fi hint: qusp, Lil' Knight, stevenkelby, Germania, punnisher just to name a few. Just give em a PM.
Good Luck & Happy Holidays
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #576 of 650
Just got mine, 30 seconds test and first battery charge is already running
gs1000.gif

Thanks Ray for this (so incredibly) tiny amp.

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #577 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got mine, 30 seconds test and first battery charge is already running
gs1000.gif

Thanks Ray for this (so incredibly) tiny amp.

How long it took to arrive?

Dec 16, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #579 of 650
My god... its tiny!!. Just finished the overnight charge and now burning in the amp. Immediate reaction, sounds bad but after an hour, sounds more like music but a bit flat. Will update more after 50 hrs. Its a beauty...

Dec 16, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #581 of 650
Well, I just received an invoice from Fed Ex requesting payment for custom charges. The bloody cheek of them, I haven't even got the amp yet and according to the invoice, it arrived into the UK on the 5th
angry_face.gif

Now I have to phone them up tomorrow to find out what has happened to it!!!!

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #582 of 650
I left Bangkok yesterday in the morning, now I'm 400 miles aways from home....and just found out from my secretary that my Mustang has arrived in the afternoon !!!!!!!!

I NEED TO GO BACK HOME NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I will see it on Friday morning, and my 18 days of waiting will end.

At least, I'm glad that I didn't receive a letter from the Customs, it happened to me before, and it took another 3 days to clear it out.

I sent Ray an email on Monday for the tracking, he replied it yesterday. I found that he shipped my Mustang on December 9th. !!!!!

Well, it actaully took 6 days since he put it in the FedEx's hand.

Dec 17, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #584 of 650
Does this have a usb DAC?

Dec 17, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #585 of 650
Got mine today. Paid the night of Dec 11th. Shipped Dec 12th (Friday) via 2 day shipping to Canada. Arrived early Dec 16th - so if you count only weekdays it delivered within 2 days of being shipped out
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back