Elysian Pilgrim
Apr 29, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #46 of 211
The driver config is the same between the 2, just that the Noir has an extra crossover (4 instead of 3 in the OG).

Pilgrim OG is more balanced and technical with great resolution. Noir is a bit more basshead, with some compromise in resolution. Noir is more expensive but has some added expensive cables inside.
One of the representative from EA said that there'll be one extra driver for the mids, so I'm assuming 1 DD + 4 BA for the Noir (?)
That way you can have a 4-way system; lows, lower-mids, upper-mids, highs
That's right 😉 It's our second collab IEM with Elysian. We are keeping the physical design of the faceplate the same but with a new colour. Black shell and comes paired with our Eros S in a new matt black sleeve, black hardware. You get the drift - full black all the way.😎

For this project, Lee and us wanted a smoother and more sophisticated sound (yes, thicker and fuller bodied but not affecting it's technicalities in anyway) and thus doubled the amount of mids drivers used PILGRIM:NOIR and increased the 3 way low, mid, high crossover to a 4 way low, low-mid, mid-high, high set up.

- Jordon

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #47 of 211
One of the representative from EA said that there'll be one extra driver for the mids, so I'm assuming 1 DD + 4 BA for the Noir (?)
That way you can have a 4-way system; lows, lower-mids, upper-mids, highs

The Can Jam rep that I spoke to (not the EA cable one), says the Noir has the same driver config. This is also stated on Starpicker's site, which is their distributor:

1714394860941.png

https://starspickeraudio.net/produc...-acoustic-labs-pilgrim-noir-1-custom-lsr-dd-3

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #49 of 211
Apr 29, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #52 of 211
I wonder how long before we can order.

The HIFIGO rep says it will start selling on 7th May, at $399 USD.

China is having a massive Labour day weeklong holiday this week though, so there might be delays and backlogs in logistics?

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #53 of 211
Pilgrim landed today!

First impressions are great.

Quick notes:
Elysian signature for the masses. Compared to Gaea, the Pilgrim trades a bit of top end energy and sheer resolution for a bit more bass impact and tactility. Similar sound signature overall, but where many people found Gaea to be too intense in the higher registers, the Pilgrim is quite a bit more palateable. Gaea gave me the impression of being a bit dry on first listen but I did not get that impression with Pilgrim. Fun, fun, fun right out of the box. Great vocal timbre, great violin timbre. Excellent techs. Somewhat of a colored listen but this isn't a bad thing in this case. This set has me wanting to listen to music through them and at the end of the day, that's what matters. Would serve well as a great counterpoint to a more neutral/natural sounding IEM. Currently my pick for an energetic IEM under $500, maybe even $1k.

Full review in the coming weeks - will be comparing with Diva and Gaea!

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #54 of 211
Any comparison with Dita Project M?

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #55 of 211
Pilgrim landed today!

First impressions are great.

Quick notes:
Elysian signature for the masses. Compared to Gaea, the Pilgrim trades a bit of top end energy and sheer resolution for a bit more bass impact and tactility. Similar sound signature overall, but where many people found Gaea to be too intense in the higher registers, the Pilgrim is quite a bit more palateable. Gaea gave me the impression of being a bit dry on first listen but I did not get that impression with Pilgrim. Fun, fun, fun right out of the box. Great vocal timbre, great violin timbre. Excellent techs. Somewhat of a colored listen but this isn't a bad thing in this case. This set has me wanting to listen to music through them and at the end of the day, that's what matters. Would serve well as a great counterpoint to a more neutral/natural sounding IEM. Currently my pick for an energetic IEM under $500, maybe even $1k.

Full review in the coming weeks - will be comparing with Diva and Gaea!
This is actually one of the most accurate and comprehensive insights similar to my experience with the Pilgrim while still owning the Gaea, it just keeps you listening to your music and has that hard-to-put-down factor. Overall tuning and timbre is spot-on.

Will have to listen side-by-side with the Project M more but so far I would say the Pilgrim jumps out at you, instantly noticeable with punchier, deeper bass and treble seem to be more in control and better implemented on the Pilgrim. Apparently, more technical as well. Both do execute different interpretations as an EDC daily carry music and the Project M’s single DD presentation with hypertweeter seem to be a more cohesive presentation.

May 1, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #57 of 211
Could someone give impressions to the Anni 2023?
I listened to the Anni and Pilgrim at NYC Canjam side by side. Same tips.

To me the Anni sound lifeless. It's just great treble and nice mids but so little bass the music has no soul to it to me. Just don't really like them. Then I put the Pilgrim on and I was smiling instantly. Such a better IEM overall because it actually had a soul to it in all the frequency ranges, not just two of them. I thought the treble was very very good, solid mids, and a nice bass presence. Polite but present, unlike the Anni, which lacked present.

If someone gave me a brand new pair of the Anni I'd sell them, buy a Pilgrim, and put all the leftover money to some other IEM or audio gear. I'll give the Anni one more shot and listen to them again with more tips, etc.. but after two tries, I don't think that's it.

May 1, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #58 of 211
I listened to the Anni and Pilgrim at NYC Canjam side by side. Same tips.

To me the Anni sound lifeless. It's just great treble and nice mids but so little bass the music has no soul to it to me. Just don't really like them. Then I put the Pilgrim on and I was smiling instantly. Such a better IEM overall because it actually had a soul to it in all the frequency ranges, not just two of them. I thought the treble was very very good, solid mids, and a nice bass presence. Polite but present, unlike the Anni, which lacked present.

If someone gave me a brand new pair of the Anni I'd sell them, buy a Pilgrim, and put all the leftover money to some other IEM or audio gear. I'll give the Anni one more shot and listen to them again with more tips, etc.. but after two tries, I don't think that's it.
Interesting, I own the Anni and was thinking about getting one of the two new additions.
For me the Anni doesn’t sound lifeless. I tried the UM Mentor and some other IEMs in the last few weeks (Monachaa, IE600/900, Boneville, Trifecta (really liked both but fit was bad), Andromeda, Volur, U4S, U12T) and the Anni was the only one that blow me away instantly.
The dynamics, the extension, the bass (not volure like but still pretty good, but I had to change tips).

Might also not be you cup of tea?

May 1, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #59 of 211
Interesting, I own the Anni and was thinking about getting one of the two new additions.
For me the Anni doesn’t sound lifeless. I tried the UM Mentor and some other IEMs in the last few weeks (Monachaa, IE600/900, Boneville, Trifecta (really liked both but fit was bad), Andromeda, Volur, U4S, U12T) and the Anni was the only one that blow me away instantly.
The dynamics, the extension, the bass (not volure like but still pretty good, but I had to change tips).

Might also not be you cup of tea?
I'll have to try them one more time with more tips. I used the tips that gave me a great seal with basically every one of the IEM's I tried at CanJam, which was like close to 15 pairs, and that worked perfect with a similar wide nozzle the Pilgrim have. If they sound the same when I try them with lots more tips, then they are of no interest to me at all. If the bass appears, that would be different.

May 1, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #60 of 211
I'll have to try them one more time with more tips. I used the tips that gave me a great seal with basically every one of the IEM's I tried at CanJam, which was like close to 15 pairs, and that worked perfect with a similar wide nozzle the Pilgrim have. If they sound the same when I try them with lots more tips, then they are of no interest to me at all. If the bass appears, that would be different.
What was your source?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back