Elysian Pilgrim
Apr 24, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #16 of 86
I wondering if the regular pilgrim can be "modifiend" via EQ to have a more cohesive low to mids transition. but yes the treble is really impressive. Got to go back to zapplin and co to try. But yeah even if on FR the noir has more treble to my ears the balance is a clear downward slope. Looking forward to your review.
I wonder the same thing! We could definitely try experimenting with EQ settings but let's explore the stock tuning first and then share our findings and EQ settings here in the thread.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you listen to it at Zeppelin! You guys are really lucky to have a place like that.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #17 of 86
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to listen to the Noir as there was a waiting line, and I had already waited some time to try the DIVA and Annihilator 2023. While waiting, I asked the Elysian team about the difference, and they mentioned that the regular version will sound a little "darker" compared to the noir. They also mentioned that the noir has a totally different tuning and a different price bracket, and while it's finalized, it will be released later this year and is not available for preorder.

Someone who had a great writeup of lots of great stuff from the most recent CanJam in Singapore included the Pilgrim and the Noir in his write up. He said he felt the Noir was not an upgrade, just a sidegrade with a slightly different tuning.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #18 of 86
Did you listen to the noir as well? Any comparison impressions?

When testing these at Can Jam Singapore, I found the Noir is bassier (may be for bassheads even), with some loss in resolution compared to the OG Pilgrim.

I know they added some TOTL cable in the Noir packaging, but the Noir is almost double the price of the OG Pilgrim. Personally, sound-wise I would get the OG Pilgrim any day for the better value.

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 86
Someone who had a great writeup of lots of great stuff from the most recent CanJam in Singapore included the Pilgrim and the Noir in his write up. He said he felt the Noir was not an upgrade, just a sidegrade with a slightly different tuning.
That's really interesting! It's surprising that the Noir is considered more of a sidegrade despite the higher cost. Thanks for sharing!

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #20 of 86
When testing these at Can Jam Singapore, I found the Noir is bassier (may be for bassheads even), with some loss in resolution compared to the OG Pilgrim.

I know they added some TOTL cable in the Noir packaging, but the Noir is almost double the price of the OG Pilgrim. Personally, sound-wise I would get the OG Pilgrim any day for the better value.
That's interesting! It's surprising that the Noir has less resolution compared to the OG Pilgrim, especially since I liked that about the original Pilgrim. Maybe the name "Noir" hints at a different tuning approach rather than just the color of the earpieces. I'm curious if the cable is the sole reason for the higher price. Thanks for sharing!

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #21 of 86
The cable that will be sold with the Noir will be Eros 8w ConX TermX but the demo cable looks like Cadmus x Ares xmas edition non TermX so there will be a difference between Canjam demo and retail version.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #22 of 86
The cable that will be sold with the Noir will be Eros 8w ConX TermX but the demo cable looks like Cadmus x Ares xmas edition non TermX so there will be a difference between Canjam demo and retail version.
That's great info! It looks like the cable might be one of the reasons for the cost difference with the Elysian Noir. I'm curious to find out which cable the original Pilgrim has. Thanks for sharing this!

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #28 of 86
That would be great thank you
I had the ie600 for about 6 months and sold them. But I spent a lot of time with them. I'm going to pre-order the regular Pilgrim and I can give some thoughts as well.

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #30 of 86

Users who are viewing this thread

Back