Elysian Pilgrim
May 3, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #76 of 231
I tried a Tanchjim Oxygen filter and loved the slight pina peak reduction making my own Noir version. Stock cable is wicked.

Together with the slight bass boost and listening to Tidal off the warmer Shanling M5 Ultra is just lovely.
graph(8).png
Nice experiment! So the Noir version is double the price vs the OG version? Crazy!

May 3, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #78 of 231
Mine came in today. Big fan so far. Full review soon. Perfect channel matching.
Looking forward to comparisons with Annihilator. Curious to know if they're going for a similar tuning profile or if you find them complimentary. I know graphs only give us a glimpse but it does look like Pilgrim is a bit more balanced than Annihilators U shape signature.

Love the look of the Pilgrim... I'm a sucker for a metal shell.

May 3, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #79 of 231
Elysian Acoustics Labs Pilgrim

Nice pleasant tuning, overall the tuning is pretty safe but still has the special treble that is typical of Elysian IEMs, also bass is surprisingly very clean and doesn't bleed into the midrange, bass it not going to satisfy any basshead out there looking for that deepest bass but the overall bass texture is really well done😁.

Kudos to Elysian for bringing it out an IEM with this kind of sonic quality at this affordable price.

4cb05e02-7208-406c-a699-22d72c7f71fb.jpeg

May 3, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #80 of 231
Anyone that’s listened to the Pilgrim think it’s better sounding than the IE600 ?
Now that I've spent some time with both, I've noticed that the IE600 has a slightly V-shaped sound compared to the Pilgrim, which leans more towards a U-shaped tuning. The bass on the IE600 is exceptional and I believe many, myself included, will really enjoy this aspect—it's just so satisfying. However, the Pilgrim offers more detail in the bass compared to the IE600, with an excellent textured response. While it may not have the same impact or slam as the IE600, its bass is still quite impressive.

In terms of treble, the IE600 can sometimes be a bit too much for me, especially when listening to rock, metal, and EDM. However, it performs well with orchestral classical music and pop genres. On the other hand, the Pilgrim's treble is much more to my liking, as it is incredibly detailed without ever becoming harsh or sibilant.

When it comes to detail, I find that they are quite similar in the mid-range, with the Pilgrim having a slight edge. The Pilgrim also offers much more detailed bass and higher quality, detailed treble compared to the IE600.

May 4, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #81 of 231
Now that I've spent some time with both, I've noticed that the IE600 has a slightly V-shaped sound compared to the Pilgrim, which leans more towards a U-shaped tuning. The bass on the IE600 is exceptional and I believe many, myself included, will really enjoy this aspect—it's just so satisfying. However, the Pilgrim offers more detail in the bass compared to the IE600, with an excellent textured response. While it may not have the same impact or slam as the IE600, its bass is still quite impressive.

In terms of treble, the IE600 can sometimes be a bit too much for me, especially when listening to rock, metal, and EDM. However, it performs well with orchestral classical music and pop genres. On the other hand, the Pilgrim's treble is much more to my liking, as it is incredibly detailed without ever becoming harsh or sibilant.

When it comes to detail, I find that they are quite similar in the mid-range, with the Pilgrim having a slight edge. The Pilgrim also offers much more detailed bass and higher quality, detailed treble compared to the IE600.
I also have the IE600 and your description gave a good idea of the Pilgrim's sound.

In the IE600 I feel that for rock and especially metal there is something missing in the mid-range, perhaps to give body and something to give "distortion and crunch" to the guitars without being so aggressive - and perhaps the vocals are slightly more advanced, but that's all a question. preferably...

In Pilgrim do you understand that there is a good approach to this type of music? Do you also think that the bass has a nice dynamic and speed?

May 4, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #82 of 231

So if I prefer something bassy, with elevated mid-treble and higher, then I should stick with the IE600? 🤣

May 4, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #84 of 231
So if I prefer something bassy, with elevated mid-treble and higher, then I should stick with the IE600? 🤣
Your decision will likely depend on your bass preferences and sensitivity to treble. Despite the IE600 not being harsh, I am particularly sensitive to treble. The Pilgrim's unique tuning means it doesn't replace the IE600; instead, each has its own strengths. I'm holding onto both as I find great enjoyment in using them both.

May 4, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #88 of 231
Are the slits on the faceplate just for show? I'm assuming they have to be lol...
:D

The detail is hard to see from the pictures... cheers.
Yes, just design from what I can tell. Looks great in person.

May 4, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #90 of 231
Hey everyone, I've written a detailed review of the Elysian Pilgrim, which you can read here. This is my second review, so I'd appreciate any feedback you have, as I'm always looking to improve. Cheers!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/elysian-acoustic-labs-pilgrim.27121/reviews#review-33768
Great review, basically answer my most important question: should I buy Pilgrim, or Diva, or Anni 23. I think if your description of the comparison between Pilgrim and Diva is correct, I will simply skip Pilgrim, and buy Diva instead. On my book, the difference between Diva 23 and Anni 23 is negligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back