Elysian Annihilator 2023
Nov 30, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #361 of 797
When I was trying to find pentaconn ear cables, I came across some Acoustune and Brise Audio cables on MTMTaudio.com.
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/search?type=product&q=pentaconn

I haven't used any of them, but they're definitely less-blingy than the Martini.
Thanks for the share. Apparently, its a recent release for Acoustune as they swapped ear termination so they are new products. Zepplin&Co said the ARS132 is a slightly heavier than average cable and a few users said that the ARX220 is very light (it honestly looks like the Z1R cable). I might grab the ARX220 to give my Anni Ti that aesthetic uplift...

Nov 30, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #362 of 797
I’m waiting to hear back on a PW Audio cable. If not, might pick up another Brise Audio cable… I really like the understated simplicity of the Brise cables.

I’m currently listening to some Bill Evans and was trying out the included SpinFit tips. They feel slightly tackier than the ones I’ve had before, I really like them. Does anyone know the model (in case I need to order more). I was using some Xelastec ones I already had but I think the SpinFits are slightly more comfortable and easy to get on/off.

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #363 of 797
is the 2023 the same as the DIO or 2021?

Had the Anole VX was surprised to see crin removed it from top tier performance but saw these and the FR looked good

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #364 of 797

Had the Anole VX was surprised to see crin removed it from top tier performance but saw these and the FR looked good
DIO is the code name for the upcoming flagship. Release timing still TBD on that. I believe DIO was previously used as the code name for Annihilator as well.

The differences between Annihilator ‘21 and ‘23 are:

- New metal sound bore design for an improved ergonomic form factor
- Three new materials to choose from: Gold plated copper mirror finish Version, Spin Brushed Titanium Version, Stainless Steel Version
- Internal Wiring Upgrade
- New custom strand UPOCC Copper and Silver Litz material (Liquid Links Martini)
- Aesthetic uplift
- New Packaging Design

I think there are some minor tuning differences between ‘21 and ‘23 as well.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #365 of 797

2023 Upgrades:
- New metal sound bore design for an improved ergonomic form factor
- Three new materials to choose from: Gold plated copper mirror finish Version, Spin Brushed Titanium Version, Stainless Steel Version
- Internal Wiring Upgrade
- New custom strand UPOCC Copper and Silver Litz material
- Aesthetic uplift
- New Packaging Design

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #366 of 797
Dec 4, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #367 of 797
Good morning all. I try today all this cables with Annihilator. And i must say, this is really not easy. 2 cables i can say something more. But after changing all 4 and try to something remember i have mash in head. Only what i can say is original Liquid Links Martini has little bit darker charakter than Effect audio cables. Cadmus more brighter than rest. Finally i decide this. Better will be listening music than searching cable what is better for me.....

Construction are interesting. All Effect audio cables are much heavier than Martini. I feel it during listening. And this Pentaconn connector? Ufff. This is something what i dont like from begining. Any cable exchange iam worry, that something will break. Its much more fragile construction than 2pin 0,78mm. My feelings. Several times happend this to me. Not working one side and i listen music only from left or righ channel. Pentacon Conx small connector was unscrewed from body connector of cable. From the connection itself i dont have good feelings too. Maybe someone not agree with me, but this is my feelings from Pentacon connector.

Soon will arrive to me last Eartips what i like to try with Annihilator. Eletech Baroque. Till now still Divinus Velvet are best. When i try it, write here some feelings. :wink:

20231204_112241.jpg

Dec 4, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #368 of 797
Thanks for your (wallets) sacrifice, i will stick with the original cable. :gs1000smile:

I fear that a generic (way thinner and more ergonomic) one won't the the job sufficent enough, that is if you can even find one with a pentaconn connector. Also it's a nuisance to get them in the first place since the 4.4mm connector on the other end also is named "Pentaconn". :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #370 of 797
I'm pretty happy with the included Liquid Links Martini from an ergonomics perspective. It's quite pliable for an 8-wire construction and has low microphonics. I don't love the Y-splitter but it's not enough to get me to swap it.

For those looking, Acoustune has some less expensive offerings that have Pentaconn Ear connectors. Available on MTMT Audio and Accessory Jack. Unsure how any of these are sonically but they look nicely constructed and most are less "flashy" than the Martini.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #371 of 797
For those looking, Acoustune has some less expensive offerings that have Pentaconn Ear connectors. Available on MTMT Audio and Accessory Jack. Unsure how any of these are sonically but they look nicely constructed and most are less "flashy" than the Martini.
Thanks, i just ordered the ARX220 since it's the only one with a 3.5mm, which is then called ARX210 (and ARX221, probably because of a typo).

Dec 4, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #372 of 797
Thanks, i just ordered the ARX220 since it's the only one with a 3.5mm, which is then called ARX210 (and ARX221, probably because of a typo).
Nice. That's the one that caught my eye as well. Clean looking hardware. Let us know how you like it once you receive it!

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #375 of 797
I'm pretty happy with the included Liquid Links Martini from an ergonomics perspective. It's quite pliable for an 8-wire construction and has low microphonics. I don't love the Y-splitter but it's not enough to get me to swap it.

I went back and forth a few times with the new EA Fusion 1 and the stock LL on Anni and found both were equally good on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back