Elysian Annihilator 2023
Dec 22, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #421 of 877
Our friends at Elysian are queuing up a new product...
It’s their new, affordable IEM. Looking forward to it as a potential daily driver.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #422 of 877
Compared the Baroque, Spinfit and Divinus over the past few days and it's no contest for comfort, the Baroque are the best. In order I'd say
Baroque----------->Divinus---->Spinfit

Dec 27, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #424 of 877
Annihilator was a late edition to my collection this year. And I wholeheartedly think I would have saved a lot of money if I would have purchased it sooner. After 2 weeks, I still can’t stop listening to them. And to give you some perspective, I received the Annihilators, Revised EE Ravens, and CA Bonnevilles all in the last month. Not a lack of competition.

My current personal preference(s)

Source - Sony WM1ZM2 - PWA First Times Ground Adapter - LL Martini (Stock)
The WM1ZM2 has been preferred BUT both A&K SR35+PA10 and Cayin N7+C9 have proven to be great as well. Each source offers plenty of power and a more ‘neutral‘ leaning tonality. SR35 provided the most enjoyable bass at the expensive of a sound stage width and depth and detail retrieval. I have had noise floor issues with some IEM’s when utilizing the PA10 but not here.. Extremely dark. Cayin combo is great at the expensive of size and portability with a slightly more ‘analog’ tone.
Tips - Sound - Azla SednaEarfit Crystal > Divinus Velvet > Baroque >W1 Comfort - Baroque > Velvet/ Crystal > W1
FOR ME, Azla provided the best low end slam while helping reign/ tighten up the sub bass. Midrange into treble remained rich, clear and natural. Cymbals have never sounded so good. Great height width and depth.
Cable - I have a few new cables en route but currently, I still preferred stock. I truly believe Lee chose the Martini for a reason. Will provide an update.

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #425 of 877
And I wholeheartedly think I would have saved a lot of money if I would have purchased it sooner.
This. I should have gone straight to the Annihilator in 2021 instead of spending thousands on flagships from 64 Audio to ThieAudio and everything in between.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #426 of 877
Source - Sony WM1ZM2 - PWA First Times Ground Adapter - LL Martini (Stock)
The WM1ZM2 has been preferred BUT both A&K SR35+PA10 and Cayin N7+C9 have proven to be great as well. Each source offers plenty of power and a more ‘neutral‘ leaning tonality. SR35 provided the most enjoyable bass at the expensive of a sound stage width and depth and detail retrieval. I have had noise floor issues with some IEM’s when utilizing the PA10 but not here.. Extremely dark. Cayin combo is great at the expensive of size and portability with a slightly more ‘analog’ tone.
Tips - Sound - Azla SednaEarfit Crystal > Divinus Velvet > Baroque >W1 Comfort - Baroque > Velvet/ Crystal > W1
FOR ME, Azla provided the best low end slam while helping reign/ tighten up the sub bass. Midrange into treble remained rich, clear and natural. Cymbals have never sounded so good. Great height width and depth.
Cable - I have a few new cables en route but currently, I still preferred stock. I truly believe Lee chose the Martini for a reason. Will provide an update.

I tried this off the wm1zm2 and n30le ap, but did not immediately love it. I found the low end bass to be a bit too boomy and overwhelming compared to the treble and mids. I changed the eartips to the baroque and cable to the centurion, which has changed it completely for me. Smoothed out the bass and brought the treble and mids forward. This IEM has become quite addicting for me now.

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #427 of 877
With respect to ear tips, I have never liked silicone but have been very pleased with the SpinFit Omni. I have small ear canals and was not sure if the Annihilator would fit due to its large shells and nozzles— it is by far the most comfortable universal monitor I have owned and on par with custom IEMs.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #428 of 877
With respect to ear tips, I have never liked silicone but have been very pleased with the SpinFit Omni. I have small ear canals and was not sure if the Annihilator would fit due to its large shells and nozzles— it is by far the most comfortable universal monitor I have owned and on par with custom IEMs.
The baroque tips have made the Annihilator bearable for longer sessions but there's no way I'd suggest to someone that wants a comfortable IEM that the Annihilator is one. I'd say out of all of the IEMs I've tried, probably the only one more uncomfortable would be the Elysian Diva which also fits very similar. I don't think I'm someone who has fit issues either, hell I think the Sony IER-Z1R is pretty damn comfortable.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #429 of 877
The baroque tips have made the Annihilator bearable for longer sessions but there's no way I'd suggest to someone that wants a comfortable IEM that the Annihilator is one. I'd say out of all of the IEMs I've tried, probably the only one more uncomfortable would be the Elysian Diva which also fits very similar. I don't think I'm someone who has fit issues either, hell I think the Sony IER-Z1R is pretty damn comfortable.
Fit is entirely dependent on the unique anatomy of each person’s ear. For example, I had fit issues with Monarch MK II because of the large shell, extreme angle of the nozzle, and the lack of any contouring for the crus helix. The Annihilator is well designed, light, and fit issues seem to be less common. Would I recommend anyone purchase a universal monitor without testing the fit? No.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #430 of 877
Fit is entirely dependent on the unique anatomy of each person’s ear. For example, I had fit issues with Monarch MK II because of the large shell, extreme angle of the nozzle, and the lack of any contouring for the crus helix. The Annihilator is well designed, light, and fit issues seem to be less common. Would I recommend any one purchase a universal monitor without testing the fit? No.
I totally get what you're saying and I don't want to invalidate your experience. I had a similar experience in that I bought the Sony IER-Z1R and despite the common complaint of fit issues, I found it quite comfortable. I know there's many though who want the Annihilator and view these forums to help make purchasing decisions and I'd be worried about them dropping $3,000 and expecting a comfortable IEM. I guess my point is, you're correct in that everyone does indeed have a different ear anatomy and for you I have no doubt they are what you say but I think the nozzle size is going to be uncomfortable for many people.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #431 of 877
Fit is entirely dependent on the unique anatomy of each person’s ear. For example, I had fit issues with Monarch MK II because of the large shell, extreme angle of the nozzle, and the lack of any contouring for the crus helix. The Annihilator is well designed, light, and fit issues seem to be less common. Would I recommend any one purchase a universal monitor without testing the fit? No.
I totally get what you're saying and I don't want to invalidate your experience. I had a similar experience in that I bought the Sony IER-Z1R and despite the common complaint of fit issues, I found it quite comfortable. I know there's many though who want the Annihilator and view these forums to help make purchasing decisions and I'd be worried about them dropping $3,000 and expecting a comfortable IEM. I guess my point is, you're correct in that everyone does indeed have a different ear anatomy and for you I have no doubt they are what you say but I think the nozzle size is going to be uncomfortable for many people.
SpinFit W1 Small and Medium here. Anni is one of the most comfortable IEMs I have ever had.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #432 of 877
SpinFit W1 Small and Medium here. Anni is one of the most comfortable IEMs I have ever had.
I liked the grip of the spinfit but found the baroque to be the most comfortable for me. Luckily the Baroque came with two sets so I swapped my Diva over to it as well.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #433 of 877
Annihilator has rendered most of the IEMs in my collection obsolete… If I were sane I’d sell them all.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #434 of 877
Annihilator has rendered most of the IEMs in my collection obsolete… If I were sane I’d sell them all.
Yep, I know what you mean. However, I have to admit that it obviously needs a lot of power. With the SP3000 it was sometimes too bloated for me and the soundstage was too intimate. With the N30 I can't recognise it and I'm rediscovering it again: among other things, there's more balance in the foundation area and the soundstage is much more open.

What source are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back