Elizabeth Place Dayton OH, Cancelled
Jun 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #16 of 84
August 11th

If anyone wants to host this event, I'm all for it. If we need a spot, I can ask for the room we had at Elizabeth Place in downtown Dayton. The room is used for training/religious duty. As I recall, we had like 8 separate recept. in the room and it's very quiet for meet conditions.

Put up your gear and/or I'll copy and paste your sigs.

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #17 of 84
Quote:
August 11th
If anyone wants to host this event, I'm all for it. If we need a spot, I can ask for the room we had at Elizabeth Place in downtown Dayton. The room is used for training/religious duty. As I recall, we had like 8 separate recept. in the room and it's very quiet for meet conditions.
Put up your gear and/or I'll copy and paste your sigs.

By that time I will have 3 much talked about Fostex mods..   Mad Dogs, Paradox, and the BMF 8.1  The Thunderpants cost to much.  

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #18 of 84
the problem Happy Camper is that our meets arent really big enough to be able to like rent out a conference room at a hotel. we dont have the attendance typically to be able to fund that on donations. And i unfortunately cant really swing the money myself to front for it.

So finding some place we could use for free is of the utmost importance.

In the future it would be awesome to have enough regulars to make getting something at a hotel a viable option though :D

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #19 of 84
Well, I don't have a ton of money, but I am eager to help out on this thing. If we required some money I could probably help with that. I am still sort of new to this so I don't have nearly as much awesome gear as you guys do. I have a lot of mid-fi stuff but not much in the way of hi-fi, so I could always help out a little bit monetarily when it comes down to it. I get paid once a month though - on the 15th of each month, so let's figure it all out by the time I get paid on July 15 (as August's paycheck will be too late). 

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #21 of 84
Hey Happy Camper, ill have my Laptop with all my music in ALAC, and then my Sparrow and JH-13's. and I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a Anedio D2. So if they ship it in time i will have that as well. I will also probably still have the AMB B24, i cant wait to show you how the HE-6s sound with the D2 straight into the B24
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #22 of 84
The 11th isn't open for the room. Either we do it on the 4th of Aug. or wait until after the labor day weekend.

What say you

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #24 of 84
I would be interested in attending this; I have never been to a meetup before. 
cool.gif
 Unfortunately, I probably don't have much gear that would be of interest to most of you, my best rig is a FiiO E17 and a DT990 250.

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #26 of 84
All I've got is this ...

Headphones: Sennheiser HD595, V-Moda M-80, Audio Technica AD700, Fischer Audio Oldskool RPM 33 1/3, Fisher Audio Oldskool '70, Creative Aurana Live, Phillips O'Neil The Stretch
IEMs: UE Triple Fi, Dunu Crius, Red Giant A03 Ossicle, Xears XR120ProII, Brainwavs B2, Brainwavz M4, Brainwavz Beta, Fischer Audio Oldskool FA-977 Jazz
Amps/Source: Little Dot MKIII, Fiio E17, Muse DA20 DAC

So I have a lot of stuff, but not super high quality stuff. Maybe ya'll want to check out the lesser-known Fischer Audio stuff - I think the Oldskool sound amazing and are severely overlooked (both of them), and I am having Hal Woodworking create a custom stand for me this month to my specifications that might be cool to show off and create some interest. I may have some modded SR225i with custom cups and headbands by then, too. I have no problem hauling it all :]

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #27 of 84
Ninjames (I read that as Ninja James every time), if you like your Senn 595s, you'll love to hear my Senn stack.

I have the 595s also, and ha!

I'd bring what's listed in my signature line.  Sony CD/SACD player that's from the early 2000s, Signal RCA cable to a DNA Sonett amp with Mullard and Reflektor tubes and the Sennheiser stack.  800s have (Anax mod) foam in them, as do the 700s, and the 600s have the outer foam removed (no audible diff).

Still unsure of attending or not, but that's what I'd bring.

cool.gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #28 of 84
Quote:
Ninjames (I read that as Ninja James every time), if you like your Senn 595s, you'll love to hear my Senn stack.

I have the 595s also, and ha!

I'd bring what's listed in my signature line.  Sony CD/SACD player that's from the early 2000s, Signal RCA cable to a DNA Sonett amp with Mullard and Reflektor tubes and the Sennheiser stack.  800s have (Anax mod) foam in them, as do the 700s, and the 600s have the outer foam removed (no audible diff).

Still unsure of attending or not, but that's what I'd bring.

cool.gif

I do enjoy the 595 a lot. I'm thinking about the 700s or the 600/650s. Unfortunately, the endgame for me is not the 800s as I think they look hideous. Sure, that's not the deciding factor, but I would only pay that much for headphones if I liked the look! That being said ... I'd love to hear them. Endgame for me is probably Audeze. But I'd love to hear that stuff.

And yeah, most people struggle with the name (I am indeed called James). People actually call me "ninnyjams" now (ninny + jams), due to some drunk guys on Xbox Live being totally unable to get around "ninjames" when trying to talk to me.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #29 of 84
Ninnyjams it is, then.  
biggrin.gif

I use the 595 for Gran Turismo on the PS3.  
biggrin.gif

It's quite comfortable. So much so I don't realize they're on my head after a short bit.  A good thing for sure, but musically and technically they're at the bottom of my Senn stack by a bit of a gap.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #30 of 84
Quote:
Ninnyjams it is, then.  
biggrin.gif

I use the 595 for Gran Turismo on the PS3.  
biggrin.gif

It's quite comfortable. So much so I don't realize they're on my head after a short bit.  A good thing for sure, but musically and technically they're at the bottom of my Senn stack by a bit of a gap.

I use the AD700 for gaming, at times with a dolby surround mixamp and a modmic attachment. The 595 have been modded a bit and I think they sound great out of the Little Dot. That being said, I like my M-80s more and the CAL! are still my favorite headphones. That being said, I should have the Hifiman HE-400 in August so I'm excited to make that jump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back