Elite TWag Micro Prototype
Jan 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #61 of 136
so this is not compatible with the iphone 3GS? it says on the website that it is compatible with all iphones, including the 3GS. craig?

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #62 of 136
beerchug.gif
It sure is compatible with all ipods including iTouch 2G, iPhone 3G, 3GS.

Its statement that is not compatible is not correct. It is compatible. When using the iphone, a message will appear for airplane mode. Just click "NO" and everything is fine. The slim connector does not allow any more changes to it!!!

It OFFICIALLY compatible will ALL iPods!!
beerchug.gif

Thanks~
Craig

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #63 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beerchug.gif
It sure is compatible with all ipods including iTouch 2G, iPhone 3G, 3GS.

Its statement that is not compatible is not correct. It is compatible. When using the iphone, a message will appear for airplane mode. Just click "NO" and everything is fine. The slim connector does not allow any more changes to it!!!

It OFFICIALLY compatible will ALL iPods!!
beerchug.gif

Thanks~
Craig

okay, thanks for the info, craig.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #64 of 136
Been listening with the LOD for a few days now and it's great. While I don't have another LOD to compare it to, I'll say that it sounds great in a setup with the RSA Shadow amp. Nice smooth sound. It doesn't seem to mask any imperfections in the recordings while sounding a lot better than anything coming out of the headphone jack (even amped). The LOD is flexible enough and about the right length so it doesn't get in the way or get caught on anything. It seems pretty well built also. This LOD is ideal for a "compact" portable setup
smily_headphones1.gif

About the only changes I'd suggest would be for more than a single/half braid in the exposed wire. With the length, they run as 3 individual wires. It's not a huge deal though, if I give it a full twist before plugging it in, the cable tightens up fine.

It'll be fun to mount it and the Shadow to the back of an iPad when they start shipping
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #65 of 136
I left some room on the braid for different amp configs. Some might need more bend. The strain on wire is more durable compared to the strain on the exit point of the modified connector.

I already have tightened the twist starting a few days ago so I hope we should be good to go!!

Craig

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #70 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure how the right angle will work, isn't either the headphone jack or volume will block it?

That is what I was thinking.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #71 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is what I was thinking.

I just threw that out...I'm sure I can come up with something...

Craig

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #72 of 136
You should just offer either a straight or right angle. So that way people wouldn't have to settle with another product. You could just add a note on the page saying that if you want a straight plug email or something.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #75 of 136
It is however the strain relief is not perfect like the Micro. One other options is a 4" TWag LOD.

If you want, I can try....I do have a better option on solving the strain relief. However Its not fully tested yet.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back