Eleven Audio XIAUDIO Formula S Headphone Amplifier
Nov 20, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #406 of 674
^^ What they said. It's true.

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #411 of 674
Hey Guys, recently I got the Formula S+ Powerman set. When I turn it on past halfway, The amp itself makes an external "shorting" sound when turned up. Is it normal? Who should I ask? Thanks!!

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #412 of 674
should be dead silent. mine is. Probably email abyss asap.

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #413 of 674
Hey Guys, recently I got the Formula S+ Powerman set. When I turn it on past halfway, The amp itself makes an external "shorting" sound when turned up. Is it normal? Who should I ask? Thanks!!
Would also recommend reaching out to Abyss.

A couple of simple things to check though:
Are the voltage selector switches both set to the correct voltage for where you live?
Make sure AC from the wall is only going to the Powerman.
The umbilical cord from the Powerman to the Formula S should be connected first then the AC should be connected.
Make sure you are only connecting one headphone at a time.

When you say external noise do you mean its a mechanical noise coming from the amp or is it coming through the headphones?
If you bought these two used I've heard of certain revisions of the Powerman not being compatible with the Formula S. But I'm sure Abyss will help you out if you reach out. They've been very responsive with any issues / questions I've had.

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #414 of 674
Mine makes a funny sound when turned up too much with my 1266TC as well but I never turn it up that loud so doesn't really bother me.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #415 of 674
Everything should be quiet between the Formula S and Powerman. I have no noise when moving my volume pot.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #417 of 674
I get some noise when volume is over 50%, but I listen to about 20% volume level so its a non issue.
Everyone's experience the same?
Dead quiet. May have to see what it does with my Aryas

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #418 of 674
I get some noise when volume is over 50%, but I listen to about 20% volume level so its a non issue.
Everyone's experience the same?
I know there has been some revisions done to Formula S's main PCB board. When I got my First got my Powerman my Formula S would not work with it. I had to send my Formula S in to Abyss who requested a new board directly from XI Audio to replace the old board. Since then I've had zero issues. The combo is one of the best headphone amps I've had the pleasure of owning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back