Eletech's Best CC Yet; the "Astute" Companion Case!
Oct 27, 2022 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33
WechatIMG10.jpeg

Eletech launches a Limited 100 pieces flagship top grain leather –
“Astute” Companion Case

WechatIMG98.jpeg

Limited Run - Eletech
“Astute” Companion Case
(Deep Sea Blue)

With the endeavoring success of previous ‘Luxe’ line up of Companion Cases, Eletech and team gathered insights from users and developed a mid-sized luxury CC - the “Astute” Companion Case ; Featuring flagship top grain leather and fully modular interior customization that now comes with a travel strap, making it a truly portable companion case.

WechatIMG103.jpeg

Element Technology Headquarters, Singapore, October 27, 2022 – Eletech, a highly innovative designer & atelier of boutique high-end audiophile cables & accessories unveiled their newest addition to the highly sought after accessories line - “Astute Companion Case”.

WechatIMG104.jpeg

The mid-sized “Astute” companion case is capable of housing multiple sets of IEMs / Cables / DAPs / DACs / Adaptors within the meticulously selected top grain leather, making it a truly luxurious and highly portable travel companion. Case interior is lined with a high quality suede and shock absorbent padding for an extra tactile experience and protective qualities.

The “Astute” companion case is accessorized with 3 padded individual IEM pouches to ensure that the IEMs are well protected during storage and preventing them from knocks and dings while transit.

A truly limited run of 100 pieces, the Eletech “Astute” companion case will not be an evergreen product within Eletech’s line-up due to the complexity of crafts and procurement of leather.

The Eletech “Astute“ companion case comes equipped with 2 short leather dividers and 1 long leather divider, allowing countless possibilities for the interior compartmental customization. The following are some examples of the configuration possibilities:

WechatIMG99.png

Materials & Craftsmanship

Every piece of “Astute” companion case is crafted from a single batch of continuous piece of flagship top grain leather. Hand picked by tannery for being the best in class, the “Astute” features the best leather employed in Eletech crafts yet! Every “Astute” companion case is unique with their own natural grains and patterns.

The entire piece of leather were hand-dyed and processed by professional leather artisans using traditional methods to achieve a mesmerizing ‘Deep Sea Blue’ colour tone. The leather are then tanned and hand burnished separately to achieve the a subtle patina effects, fully showing the qualities of a top class leather.

WechatIMG101.jpeg

Consolidating feedback and insights from users, the “Astute” Companion Case comes with a sling strap, made from the same top grain leather, allowing easy transportation of the case. The carrying strap of the “Astute” Companion Case is made possible only after going through a ground-up process of testing; from material selection to relevant load tests. The sling straps are only made available after it passes the rigorous requirements of our testings.

Paired with Eletech customized luxurious metal parts and components for a lavish and completed finish. The “Astute” companion case is then individually hand stitched and finished with a leather polish for the finishing steps, ensuring this craft to age boldly and magnificently.

WechatIMG102.jpeg

Accessories included in the package

Long Leather Divider x 1 pc
Short Leather Divider x 2 pcs
Padded IEM perforated pouch x 3 pcs
Sling Strap x 1 pc

Product Specifications / Product Pricing

Flagship Top Grain Leather (Deep Sea Blue)
Individually Hand Burnished
Limited 100 Units Worldwide
Fully Modular Interior compartments

RRP : US$299

Get it here:
https://elementechnology.com/products/eletech-astute-companion-case-deep-sea-blue

------------------------------------------------------​

70854343_107844587277436_6237289169542971392_o

CONTACT INFORMATION
Eletech Headquarters (SG):
Eric Chong, Co-Founder and Marketing Director
E-mail : eric@elementechnology.com
Mobile : (65) 8200-3584
----------------------------------------------------------
Riccardo Yeh, Co-Founder and Sales Director
E-mail : riccardo@elementechnolgy.com
Mobile : (886) 960-138-438
# # #

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Oct 27, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 33
It's a purse?

Oct 27, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #3 of 33
It's a purse?
LOL, kind of what I was thinking. I like to think I'm open minded, but I'm not into the man purse thing. I think we North American's are viewed as being a little too worried about things like this. Still, I wouldn't be carrying a purse even so.

Oct 27, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #6 of 33
The case is nice, but certainly looks more like a woman audiophile will get more out of it than I would.
I just use a small padded camera case and toss it into my backpack with my laptop to go to work.

They only made a hundred of these so I am sure this is a test market product to see who would buy it.
Otherwise, I would have kept my opinions to myself. The vintage motorcycle suggest they were going
for men, but I don't think I would feel comfortable walking around with something like that hanging
by my side.

Make it out of black ballistic nylon. Get rid of the gold. Get rid of the purse like strap clips. Put zippers
on it so everything doesn't fall out when you snag that bottom fastener (you realize that is a poor design?)
I would not put thousands of dollars into a bag like this with that method to hold the gear inside. It is
too easy to accidently open the box while on a train or bus. If you look at how camera bags are designed,
you will never see anything made like this. It is not a secure design.

Something inspired by a design similar to the brand TUMI, but with your modular interior might be a nice product.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #9 of 33
The case is nice, but certainly looks more like a woman audiophile will get more out of it than I would.
I just use a small padded camera case and toss it into my backpack with my laptop to go to work.

They only made a hundred of these so I am sure this is a test market product to see who would buy it.
Otherwise, I would have kept my opinions to myself. The vintage motorcycle suggest they were going
for men, but I don't think I would feel comfortable walking around with something like that hanging
by my side.

Make it out of black ballistic nylon. Get rid of the gold. Get rid of the purse like strap clips. Put zippers
on it so everything doesn't fall out when you snag that bottom fastener (you realize that is a poor design?)
I would not put thousands of dollars into a bag like this with that method to hold the gear inside. It is
too easy to accidently open the box while on a train or bus. If you look at how camera bags are designed,
you will never see anything made like this. It is not a secure design.

Something inspired by a design similar to the brand TUMI, but with your modular interior might be a nice product.
On the contrary, I really enjoy the material compared to black ballistic nylon. It's just too dull and if that's the material used in many camera bags, they actually scratches iems / daps that are highly polished compared to leather. Personally I also prefer the bold color more than the black nylon.

Also on the market there're already sufficient cases that fit your need. Attached one of Vannuys carry cases for your reference.

Tbh in Asia audiophiles have been turning away from products made of nylon - these products already formed stereotypical male audiophile with 5 figure gadgets but without a good taste in fashion / style, there's even a hashtag for them. Eletech is based in Asia and I believe this holds true to their style.

I already bought an Eletech's previous case release earlier this year, and it is more secure than you thought. 3 buttons fastened the cap and I've carried all my stuff in my numerous trips. Works well and no failure so far.

Just wanna add alternative point of view. Feel free to disagree, not trying to change your mind :smile_phones:

Attachments

• Vannuys.jpg
    Vannuys.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 33
I recently purchased a Bagsmart case and it holds most of my portable gear including

fiio btr3
fiio btr5
fiio btr 7
ifi xcan
ddhifi TC44C
nGan wall charger
portable charger
l&p W2
cowon plenue mk ii
a case with 20 micro sd cards
senn ie600 - plussound cable
dunu falcon pro
multiple otg cables
multiple adapters for any combination (2.5 mm, 3.5 mm, 4.4 mm)
multiple usb cables, a to c, c to c, a to micro
vape pen charger

Soon to be added
TempoTec V6
Dunu Talos and a new plussound cable

Nice to have choices readily available in one place

Oct 27, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #12 of 33

My TUMI Pocket Bag has been my show (CanJam) companion for years. It's just the right size to hold a DAP, CIEM, tips, adapters, etc. It's also not nearly as purse-like as one might think. The straps are offset by 90º, which makes it behave more like a sling than a hanging bag, and I tend to wear it on my back.

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #15 of 33
For the 2 to 3 days a week I head to the office I put the bagsmart case in a Triangle Commuter Bag that I think I got from Evernote years ago. It also holds a Surface Pro and a few other items. No need to travel with a full blown laptop anymore as i leave that at work and connect to it from my home desktop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back