Eletech's Best CC Yet; the "Astute" Companion Case!
Oct 31, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #31 of 33
20221031_075355_HDR.jpg

Well, this is portable for me. Local phone shop case for two phones. It's soft padded and has a beltloop too. Still looks weird wearing it so in the backpack it goes. Not well protected so it goes in it's own zippered molle attachment instead of with the computer and paper documents.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #33 of 33
I just received mine this week to protect all my portable audio gear.
The stitching and the blue tanned leather are top notch! :heart_eyes:
case_inside.jpg

This case seems to be built to last.​

It was ordered from Musiteck (where it is still available) and shipped to Europe in less than 3 days.

However this companion case has quality control issues and two main design flaws...

1/ The attachment point of the sling strap on the left side of the case is not centered at all.

Left attachment point (completely off centered)
case_side_ko.jpg
The knob is off centered as well!​

Right attachment point (well centered)
case_side_ok.jpg
As this case is not really cheap, quality control of these companion cases should be more strict IMHO.​

2/ The inner length and width of the case are not equal.

You can't use the long divider horizontally (instead of vertically).​
So the case used with the sling strap is then totally unbalanced if you put a DAP on one side and IEMs on the other side.​
If both dimensions were equal, you could then use the long divider horizontally and put​
  • DAP at the bottom,
  • IEMs at the top.
That way, the content of the case will be well balanced.​

3/ The knob used on each attachment point of the sling strap is screwed on the side of the case without any protection inside the case

case_side_inside.jpg
These screws can easily scratch anything inside the case during travel; in particular a DAP.​
I don't understand why Eletech didn't think about protecting the knobs inside the case for both attachment points of the sling strap...​
... especially since press studs from the case opening are not visible inside the case.​

So why not apply the same kind of protection everywhere inside the case ? :thinking:
Anyway I managed to find a way to protect the inside of the case... I put a piece of Velcro tape over the screws.​

case_inside_protected.jpg

Hopefully Eletech will solve quality control and conception issues in a future iteration of their companion case.

I've finally decided to keep the companion case 'as is' and eventually, avoid another copy with the same issues.
Greetings to Andrew at Musiteck for offering me a partial refund as a gesture of apology.
What a great customer service! :clap:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back