Electrostatic Mini-Meet
Aug 31, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #46 of 69
Finally sit back and listen.
...and I must say quite mad, indeed. If I am aware of my sickness, am I still really sick? I have a large enough SACD collection to be able to enjoy the CDSD/DCC2 combo. This is the end all.

Aug 31, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #47 of 69
I can't wait to hear this DCC2 source next time. You're keeping it right?
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #48 of 69
It's a keeper. I should have gotten the DAC6e instead, though since I'm a multichannel man. But it's cool with headphones and the DAC can be directly hooked up to the amp, because it has a high end pre-amp balanced output with volume control, but I will probably never use it.

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #49 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
No typo...I have the DCC2 which is two channels of the DAC6e with a Swichmann 2 preamp built in.

Ahhhh, my new bestest buddy!
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #50 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Ahhhh, my new bestest buddy!
biggrin.gif

Yeah no kidding, you're tempting me to fly back up there...
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #51 of 69
I think we went to the wrong minimeet Lan.
eek.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #52 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I think we went to the wrong minimeet Lan.
eek.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Nah. You got to hear my AKG. A very elusive headphone.
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #53 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Nah. You got to hear my AKG. A very elusive headphone.
tongue.gif

The Steel Wheels certainly rolled right over me. I wonder how the K4 would sound out of the HEV90?
etysmile.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #54 of 69
It would be very explosive probably. Let's not try that
wink.gif

I think I'll just maybe wait for handme downs from this thread to upgrade maybe from HEV70
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:03 PM Post #55 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Have you gone mad?
biggrin.gif
There hardly any more upgrading after this. What are you going to do?
tongue.gif

"The Best Audio System In The World".....

{chuckle}

EMM Labs CDSD/DCC2 !!!!! [...are you forming an emm society with Tom?]

Aaron!!!!! When are you inviting your golden-eared buddies to share in your latest leap in the quest for perfection? (I'll bring the toasting libation ... if it's not too steep...) ..... or are you waiting for HE90/HEV90 for the next ascent?

orphsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #56 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee

{chuckle}

Aaron!!!!! When are you inviting your golden-eared buddies to share in your latest leap in the quest for perfection? (I'll bring the toasting libation ... if it's not too steep...) ..... or are you waiting for HE90/HEV90 for the next ascent?

orphsmile.gif

YOW! "My source components were Ed Meitner’s $9995 EMM Labs DAC6e six-channel DSD converter and a Meitner-modified Philips SACD1000 transport (the modification is $1400; the price of the transport varies, as this model has been discontinued and is available only through the used market). These two components were configured to pass a DSD signal via ST glass optical cable. You’ve heard about these components if you follow the audiophile Internet buzz, and I’m here to tell you that the superlatives you’ve heard are true. My digital reference up to this point, the most excellent Esoteric DV-50 universal audio/video player, was trounced in all of ten seconds -- playing SACDs, the improvement in resolution and transparency was mind-numbingly apparent to all in attendance."

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #57 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
"Who doesn't like a good ice cream analogy?"

Murray's Cheese Shop (254 Bleecker St. betw 6th & 7th Aves.) carries Gelato from "Il Laboratorio del Gelato" -- possibly the best "ice cream" in New York -- A perfectly heavenly indulgence while enjoying the perfect audio system.

[...or you can go directly to il Laboratorio del Gelato at 95 Orchard St. (between Broome & Delancey Sts) ... I haven't made it there yet, but I can't imagine not visiting at least once ... ]

[size=large]The best gelato for the best audio...[/size]

[size=medium]I'm currently savoring Green Tea Gelato (even though I don't have the Ultimate Audio).[/size]

Sep 1, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #58 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee

{chuckle}

Aaron don't tell them about the Secret handshake
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #59 of 69
(deleted ... sorry ... just too silly & off-topic)

Sep 1, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #60 of 69
I'm going to have to seriously check that out! I love Gelato, it almost makes me feel the る!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back