Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Aug 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #4,951 of 6,987
I've just been listening mostly DnB and glitch hop  these days,here are some choice cuts.

Gerra & Stone - Tenfold

Nymfo - Trackball (Really reminds me of S.P.Y - Infiltrate)

mSdoS - Soul Drops

Deekline & Ed Solo - No, No, No (Serial Killaz Remix)

Kursa - Just A Glitch (This goes in so hard, I hope Kursa does more stuff like this)

Also, IIRC no one has posted this, which is a crime. Disclosure - You & Me ft. Eliza Doolittle (Flume Remix)

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #4,952 of 6,987
Can anyone recommend some modern, Electropop/Synthpop artists? And I guess some more orchestral sounding synthpop? Not sure(Susanne Sundfør, Fallulah). 

Like; La Roux, Vanbot, Robyn, Chvrches, Frankmusik, Grimes, Little Boots.

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #4,955 of 6,987
I'm a huge BT fan, but just listened to his new album and it sucks IMO. Skylarking and Tomahawk are huge tracks, but the rest is subpar and sounds extremely commercialized. I wouldn't expect that from BT. Not trolling, just was expecting something better/different/less commercial-sounding. You guys should give it a listen though maybe I'm in the minority, would love to hear what you guys think.

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #4,957 of 6,987
I'm a huge BT fan, but just listened to his new album and it sucks IMO. Skylarking and Tomahawk are huge tracks, but the rest is subpar and sounds extremely commercialized. I wouldn't expect that from BT. Not trolling, just was expecting something better/different/less commercial-sounding. You guys should give it a listen though maybe I'm in the minority, would love to hear what you guys think.

Terrible? No. Disappointing? Yes. Commercial? Definitely.

It seems like a bit of a 'return to form' for more commercial stuff (I think some of his stuff is that way, too).

He framed it asa follow up to THM and it's definitely not. Give him a break though. He put out 3 albums in 2 years...and If the Stars... And Morceau Subrosa are VERY high bars, as is THM.

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #4,958 of 6,987
Hi guys I just very recently got into EDM and am enjoying listening to Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise 11 Last Vegas immensely . Can someone tell me what the specific music genre he plays on that album? Also what or who else should I check out if I like that album. Thanks in advance

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #4,959 of 6,987
Quote:
Hi guys I just very recently got into EDM and am enjoying listening to Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise 11 Last Vegas immensely . Can someone tell me what the specific music genre he plays on that album? Also what or who else should I check out if I like that album. Thanks in advance

Tiesto is his own genre more or less these days. But Trance would come closest in terms of classifying it in a specific genre.

For those of you interested in a European Techno mix, I recently posted a mix on Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/sakete/sakete-coded-17082013/

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #4,961 of 6,987
Quote:
Tiesto isn't unique at all. He plays Trance...that's pretty much all he's ever done.

Not unique in the sense that it's still Trance that he plays. But he does have his own sound. It doesn't sound like Armin van Buuren for instance. But either way, it's not my cup of tea, I'm more into Techno/Tech-House/Minimal/Progressive myself.

Aug 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #4,962 of 6,987
Quote:

Tiesto is his own genre more or less these days. But Trance would come closest in terms of classifying it in a specific genre.

For those of you interested in a European Techno mix, I recently posted a mix on Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/sakete/sakete-coded-17082013/

Thanks. I'll have a listen. 

Below is a song I can't stop playing. What type of genre is it?

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #4,963 of 6,987
Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. One issue I have is finding new stuff I like so this really helps ! I would reccomend if you like Drum and bass/ Dubstep there is a podcast called 'Evoque Bassbeat' and it is a monthly mix that it put out. I have found them to be awesome sets. The videos are released on here http://vk.com/evoquemusic The newest one is Augus if you scroll down. I really like august and July. Cheers ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back