Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jul 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #4,921 of 6,987
Quote:
for some reason the "24Bit" version of the album is still 44.1khz.  whats the point? 

i would guess...computers can all decode 24 bit but maybe not higher than 44.1 sample rate, plus a higher sample rate requires more computing power where bit depth does not.  not to mention that audibility of higher than 44.1 is extremely suspect (since proper filters are hardly difficult to come by and only the golden few can really hear at 22khz) but since bit depth controls dynamic range, it seems far more likely to be audibly better.  and most mastering is already done at 24 bits, but all cd's are 44.1...etc.

it's one of those never ending arguments, and hey i love having 24/96 (even though i've never been able to A/B the difference) but i'll take higher bit depth with lower sampling rate any day over the opposite, if i have to make that choice

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #4,922 of 6,987
so after wondering where everybody in this thread disappeared to, im glad to see theyre back. unfortunately this damn pre-college course thingy im doing is eating up all my time, leaving me almost none for music - exactly what i was afraid was gonna happen... 

so i admit im not really following all the posts here, and this is kinda selfish, but does anyone know what genre this is? 

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #4,923 of 6,987
Quote:
so after wondering where everybody in this thread disappeared to, im glad to see theyre back. unfortunately this damn pre-college course thingy im doing is eating up all my time, leaving me almost none for music - exactly what i was afraid was gonna happen... 

so i admit im not really following all the posts here, and this is kinda selfish, but does anyone know what genre this is? 

Minimal/Techno-house/Electronic  
size]

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #4,924 of 6,987
Quote:

Jazz House

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #4,925 of 6,987
Clarity by Zedd is a great headphone/iem testing song to me. So many elements...
Also this song is awesome! Probably my new favorite, and I like the original a lot too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQJGK0ccLh0

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #4,926 of 6,987
Ive got some of the best albums from Digweed, Hernan Cattaneo, renaissance series. I lean towards the wildy dark, haunting and drivey progressive house.

Transitions series starting with 1 are all nothing short of the best track selection and pairings youll ever hear from digweed, a DJ's DJ
http://www.discogs.com/John-Digweed-Transitions/release/702526?ev=rr

Hernan Cattaneo is also my favorite, a master of progressive. His sets are beautiful as well as his mixing, wildy dark and relentless. Both discs of Sequentials vol.2 is uber quality mixing with pairings that are just a match made in heaven.
http://www.discogs.com/Hern%C3%A1n-Catt%C3%A1neo-Renaissance-Sequential-Vol-2-Sampler/release/1468103

If anyone's interested, let me know! I can ship you a usb stick or HDD full of highest quality sets and albums. As long as you pay for the shipping :D

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #4,928 of 6,987
As we all know, Sweden got the best house music producers!
So here is some house music from my favorite DJ/Producer Axwell :D

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #4,929 of 6,987
As we all know, Sweden got the best house music producers!
So here is some house music from my favorite DJ/Producer Axwell :D

I strongly disagree. Swedish house mafia are good, but they're mainstream. I used to respect sharam though, I've seen him play live on a 6hr set of some haunting progressive. He's too cocky, though he has the right to be. Still doesn't mean he should act that way, especially with digweed, zabiela, and Sasha still heavily in the scene.

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #4,930 of 6,987
EDM have been going mainstream for awhile now, and I dont see the problem with that. SHM isent the only good that came out of sweden. 
You got Eric Prydz, who's not really mainstream, and one of the better progressive house producers in my opinion.
I dont know why you mention Sharam, hes not swedish. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #4,932 of 6,987
EDM have been going mainstream for awhile now, and I dont see the problem with that. SHM isent the only good that came out of sweden. 
You got Eric Prydz, who's not really mainstream, and one of the better progressive house producers in my opinion.
I dont know why you mention Sharam, hes not swedish. 

When I said "mainstream", that was being applied within the EM realm, not categorized with the rest of the music genres. Excuse me if I had been wrong about sharam taken part with shm, I could've sworn he was a member though. I still think shm are mainstream, deadmau5 would be considered mainstream.

Eric P. is a electro house producer. He's made a few decent tracks that were used in few international superstar's albums. But he has yet to collaborate a set that steers me to the haunting and wild progressive style, I'm sure he can, but I haven't heard one from him yet. But If he continues to release tracks/remixes like "every day", no thanks, ill stay clear..
I'm surprised you don't agree with me even the slightest bit about digweed or that you have not mentioned his worthy name. I guess mainstream em followers do not prefer digweed/cattaneo style. I don't know, even shm's website is a turn off, the site is more of a online clothing store rather than musically focused. http://swedishhousemafia.shop.bravadousa.com/content/mlp/3360/default.aspx
I highly recommend you purchase yourself a copy of any "transitions" series and critically listen and analyze its purpose. The album is far far superior in terms of technicality and intelligence compared to your average em album. His blending, tricks, and quality in track selection is undone by anyone else, any digweed's followers know he has the technique to picking out obscurity and molding it into something cohesive.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #4,933 of 6,987
I think Digweed is little too hardcore for me. I've never heard about him either. So I guess you could say I listen to mainstream EDM :p

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #4,934 of 6,987
I think Digweed is little too hardcore for me. I've never heard about him either. So I guess you could say I listen to mainstream EDM :p

You may feel like digweed's albums sound too "experimental" or "hard to feel", I felt the same way the first listen. But if you give his albums a chance, its going to bite you one day and youll find yourself boppin your head to his deep, minimalist tech house. I suggest you start with his "Northern Exposure" series, all of the series display world class mixing by sasha & digweed--in fact, its so seamless that youll lose track of which track youre listening, its THAT smooth. Give those a try, its easier to comprehend. Cheers :beerchug:

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #4,935 of 6,987

You may feel like digweed's albums sound too "experimental" or "hard to feel", I felt the same way the first listen. But if you give his albums a chance, its going to bite you one day and youll find yourself boppin your head to his deep, minimalist tech house. I suggest you start with his "Northern Exposure" series, all of the series display world class mixing by sasha & digweed--in fact, its so seamless that youll lose track of which track youre listening, its THAT smooth. Give those a try, its easier to comprehend. Cheers :beerchug:

If youd like, send me a usb stick and ill fill her up with the highest quality albums and sets from the Renaissance series, Renaissance The Master Series, Sequentials vol.2 by Hernan Cattaneo (relentless mix), transitions 1-4, and many more. The collection I own are too well crafted to be left unheard, its a crime not to share these epic collaborations. Let me know :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back