Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 1, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #3,287 of 6,987
Quote:
Anyone have any good happy hardcore recommendations post-2009? D:

Post oh no sorry, but I got a nice Happy Hardcore DISC set from like 2004 xD

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #3,288 of 6,987
Um...No...Happy Hardcore was absolute **** after 2009. IMO it was it's last decent year. 

That scene is still pretty horrible, unfortunately. 

Oddly enough my favorite HH song ever was produced in 2009 though.

Absolute masterpiece. I think I've linked it here like...4 times.

Quote:
Anyone have any good happy hardcore recommendations post-2009? D:

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #3,289 of 6,987
Quote:
Um...No...Happy Hardcore was absolute **** after 2009. IMO it was it's last decent year. 

That scene is still pretty horrible, unfortunately. 

Oddly enough my favorite HH song ever was produced in 2009 though.

Absolute masterpiece. I think I've linked it here like...4 times.

That is, without question, my favorite hhc tune ever as well. It's actually magical.

And yeah, I guess I coulda guessed that there wasn't much after 2009 :/ c'est la vie, now is the era of electro and dub, about which I have few complaints.

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #3,290 of 6,987
There's been some great remixes of it as well. I just can't believe how good it is.

I loathe S3RL, but his remix was fantastic...and Darwin's was good, too.

Quote:

That is, without question, my favorite hhc tune ever as well. It's actually magical.

And yeah, I guess I coulda guessed that there wasn't much after 2009 :/ c'est la vie, now is the era of electro and dub, about which I have few complaints.

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #3,291 of 6,987
Quote:
There's been some great remixes of it as well. I just can't believe how good it is.

I loathe S3RL, but his remix was fantastic...and Darwin's was good, too.

Even the dubstep mix isn't -that- bad; the piano interlude-y bits still sound incredible with the Rivers Flow in You Melody. Actually can't praise it enough. Funny, too, cause it's not a particularly high-energy song or anything like that, either, as hhc tends to be.

Also, c'mon, S3RL isn't terrible :p

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #3,292 of 6,987
S3RL came around about the time Happy Hardcore went to absolute ****? Coincidence? I think not.

This is really the only other one I've heard of his I've really liked. Even this one I don't really understand why I like it. There's just something about the way he makes music that really bugs me.

Oh, and here's his amazing remix of Rivers if anyone is curious.

Oh, and he looks like a major toolbag.
Quote:
Even the dubstep mix isn't -that- bad; the piano interlude-y bits still sound incredible with the Rivers Flow in You Melody. Actually can't praise it enough. Funny, too, cause it's not a particularly high-energy song or anything like that, either, as hhc tends to be.

Also, c'mon, S3RL isn't terrible :p

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #3,293 of 6,987
sorry but all this prog house\hhc stuff just isnt for me....

new gutcha track out, theres a link there to a free v.a cd. didnt download it myself, the gutcha track is a really cool, mellow d&b

http://soundcloud.com/gutcha/gutcha-dishonest-www-keepdeep

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #3,294 of 6,987
I was supposed to browse Beatport for new music this evening, but instead I'm listening to Nhato's "Etude" for the Nth time. Since I haven't already linked all of the songs in this thread yet, here's two. The first one is my cousin's favorite track from the album. He actually told me how the parts that sound a bit like heavily processed vocal samples of a man repeating meaningless syllables were made, but I've forgotten what he told me. I can ask him the next time I'm in contact with him, but if anyone here knows feel free to share your knowledge. The second track I've linked isn't my favorite from the album but it would probably be in my top three, if I had such a thing.

I'd love to hear someone try to make remixes of some of the tracks on the album because most of them already sound like they could be remixes of originals that don't even exist. Also, I was positively surprised when I recently learned that the album reached no. 7 on Beatport's all-genre top 100 releases (and no. 1 on Beatport's trance chart) when it was released. That's not bad for a Japanese 25-year-old guy's debut album. I guess his remixes are better known than I thought.

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #3,295 of 6,987
Quote:
I wonder why trap hasn't blown up yet in all the clubs.  Possibly a good or bad thing..

To contribue to the thread.  Here's my DNB song of the day.

woo touhou drum and bass.  
Quote:
S3RL came around about the time Happy Hardcore went to absolute ****? Coincidence? I think not.

This is really the only other one I've heard of his I've really liked. Even this one I don't really understand why I like it. There's just something about the way he makes music that really bugs me.

Oh, and here's his amazing remix of Rivers if anyone is curious.

Oh, and he looks like a major toolbag.

god no not s3rl.  theres only one song i like from him and its not HHC

dat intro

only good s3rl song

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #3,296 of 6,987
When I saw the title of this song I just knew it had to be good, and fortunately it is. All the full-length versions I tried on YouTube were horrible quality, so here's the official shortened version uploaded by Anjunabeats with good sound quality (watch in 720p, everyone knows that, right?). The video includes the voice of a woman whispering "trance around the world with Above & Beyond" in a couple of places, but don't mind that.

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #3,297 of 6,987
Etude is fantastic, just in case anyone else needed a second opinion before listening.

Quote:
I was supposed to browse Beatport for new music this evening, but instead I'm listening to Nhato's "Etude" for the Nth time. Since I haven't already linked all of the songs in this thread yet, here's two. The first one is my cousin's favorite track from the album. He actually told me how the parts that sound a bit like heavily processed vocal samples of a man repeating meaningless syllables were made, but I've forgotten what he told me. I can ask him the next time I'm in contact with him, but if anyone here knows feel free to share your knowledge. The second track I've linked isn't my favorite from the album but it would probably be in my top three, if I had such a thing.

I'd love to hear someone try to make remixes of some of the tracks on the album because most of them already sound like they could be remixes of originals that don't even exist. Also, I was positively surprised when I recently learned that the album reached no. 7 on Beatport's all-genre top 100 releases (and no. 1 on Beatport's trance chart) when it was released. That's not bad for a Japanese 25-year-old guy's debut album. I guess his remixes are better known than I thought.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #3,298 of 6,987

and for those getting the "black youtube video"   take the &featueeddl;aj;ljg;lakg;klaerk;lgaoaJW  stuff off the end.  

also heres the same song  twice by my two favorite bands.  (yes devin got permition to do this dev and the pundulum  boys are friends. ) 

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #3,299 of 6,987
Quote:
Etude is fantastic, just in case anyone else needed a second opinion before listening.

It just occurred to me that if someone wants to listen to the full album for free, LessThan3 has actually uploaded it in its entirety on SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/lt3cloud/sets/nhato-etude/
I don't know what the bitrate is, but I just took a short listen and the audio sounded perfectly ok.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #3,300 of 6,987
TJ Elite, I like the Nhato stuff. Nice find. 

How do you like your Grados for electronic music? Don't see that often, but always been curious. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back