Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #3,301 of 6,987
Quote:
TJ Elite, I like the Nhato stuff. Nice find. 

How do you like your Grados for electronic music? Don't see that often, but always been curious. 

The GS1000s are pretty much the only headphones I use at home right now. I love them with all kinds of music and can't really find anything to complain about the sound. They are really clear and detailed. The bass extension and precision are good enough for me. What's great about them is that they work really well unamped. That's important for me because I often listen to them in bed with my MacBook Pro on my lap.

I've never heard any of the other Grado products, but based on what I've read they are apparently very different from the GS1000s. The HD650s were the first audiophile quality headphones I bought and I still like them but they have a bit too much bass emphasis for my tastes and the quality of the bass is perhaps a bit on the muddy side. That's at least how I remember them being. It's been a while since I've properly used them; the Grados are simply so much better. The AKGs on the other hand are too bass shy and sometimes a tad too analytical. I also find them very uncomfortable to wear. The Senns and Grados are very comfy for me (I know a lot of people think the HD650s are too tight).

I've been interested in hearing some of the recent headphones like the HD800 and T1 for a while and also wanted to buy a good USB DAC and a better headphone amp, but I'm so much more of a speaker guy that I've been spending my money on music and had any headphone related purchases on hold for a couple of years now. Some day though…

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #3,302 of 6,987
Cool, thanks for the good info. I've been really wanting to hear the GS/PS1000 for electronic music. I have a feeling they would work well. But auditioning them is out of the question and I don't know anyone that has bought them for EDM. It's truly a rock crowd for the most part. I bet they are detailed, clean and clear with nice tight bass and sparkly highs. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3,303 of 6,987
Quote:
Cool, thanks for the good info. I've been really wanting to hear the GS/PS1000 for electronic music. I have a feeling they would work well. But auditioning them is out of the question and I don't know anyone that has bought them for EDM. It's truly a rock crowd for the most part. I bet they are detailed, clean and clear with nice tight bass and sparkly highs. 

Your description sums up the GS1000 quite nicely. I like how they sound in every area of the frequency spectrum.

I had to buy them without auditioning them, but I had a really good feeling about them and they turned out to be one of the best audio related purchases I've made, so I haven't regretted buying them even for a second. I can't say however if they are worth their price tag because that's up to each person to decide on their own. Still, regardless of their price they are an extremely enjoyable pair of headphones. They are also very unique.
...and they have their own smiley here on Head-Fi. 
gs1000.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #3,304 of 6,987
So this Amon Tobin Boxset is probably my best purchase of the year (besides the 009s and LL, of course). This thing is amazing. 

Best part? Probably the 10" LP that has his 2 Noisia remixes one it (Sunhammer VIP and Machine Gun). There's also 4 10" posters I'll be framing in LP frames with a gray border. Going to be so sexy. 

Pics later.

EDIT: That Noisia LP also includes an Eskamon track (!!)...and there was more download content.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #3,305 of 6,987
Saw ISAM live one week ago today. Did you go? Fantastic show. One of my favorite albums of last year. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #3,309 of 6,987
What do you guys think of the Dt 990 Pro (250) I'm wanting a more mid bass can, but I'd like one that's well not the Pro 900 or has any of it's fickle problems!

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #3,311 of 6,987
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/447585/post-pic-s-of-your-latest-significant-purchase-s-v2-0/2730#post_8745816

Pics.

I am the jealousy. The box was too expensive plus the shipping on top of that:frowning2: I also own the previous 4 records so added value wasn't quite there.

Waiting for a Bluray of ISAM2.0 YOU LISTENING AMON TOBIN?!

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #3,312 of 6,987
Quote:

I have Grado225 and really enjoyed electro and metal with them. They have that groovy and punchy sound. And to the contrary on the popular belief, non-fatiguing! Nowadays I have T1 so the Grados, unfortunately, don't get a go too often ;[

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #3,313 of 6,987
DVD had a full 1080p HD file on it. Watched that instead of the DVD last night.

Quote:
I am the jealousy. The box was too expensive plus the shipping on top of that:frowning2: I also own the previous 4 records so added value wasn't quite there.

Waiting for a Bluray of ISAM2.0 YOU LISTENING AMON TOBIN?!

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #3,314 of 6,987
Gorgeous track but the distortion you can hear in the vocals is due to the mastering and not the video's fault. Truly a shame.

Edit
Also, here's a recent collaboration from Arty, Nadia Ali & BT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back