Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #3,271 of 6,987
Quote:

[size=1.8333em] [size=0.9166em]Zedd - Spectrum feat. Matthew Koma (Breeze Block & Skyro remix)[/size][/size]

Free release!!! Nice video to boot.

[size=1.8333em] KOAN Sound - Introvert[/size]

I'm really liking KOAN Sound's new EP in general, worth a look.

awsome choices mate, loving them both

Quote:
Hey guys looks like your videos are having the same problems mine were, when I did mine they were just black and wouldn't play. I uploaded using the link under share in the youtube video description and it worked for some reason. I'd like to take a listen but I don't know what was uploaded
confused_face_2.gif

lets try that then, and see if it works with this nostalgic song i was reminded of:

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #3,272 of 6,987
This was released last week. The sound quality in the video is a bit disappointing, but oh well. I'm not surprised Shingo Nakamura made one of the two remixes for the release as the middle part of the original sounds like one of his own works.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #3,273 of 6,987
I havent heard a single Trap song I've liked...but damn. This one's big. Bass goes low and it's just good. Sounds like one is actually going to be on the Single release.
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/09/focus-ft-alpines-tidal-wave-flosstradamus-remix/

Fustang does his impression of KOAN Sound...and it's good.
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/09/mord-fustang-champloo/

Nero blowing up an MJ tune for the 25th of Bad. Holy **** it's good. (Easily the favorite of these links)
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/09/michael-jackson-speed-demon-nero-remix/

Big original tune from Vaski.
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/09/vaski-ft-ava-insane/

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #3,274 of 6,987
Quote:
I already linked two tracks earlier today, but here are three more songs; it's Saturday after all.

The first one is by Velvetine aka Myon & Shane 54. The vocalist is Aruna. Soundprank has made a great remix of this song, which I also recommend checking out. Speaking of Soundprank, the second track is by him and is called Midas. He is Canadian, by the way. The last song is by Clean Tears aka S.C.X who hails from Japan. The vocals were created using Yamaha's Vocaloid software and the Hatsune Miku voicebank.

Three kind of different tracks because I love variety.

Thanks for linking Soundprank. I like that sound along with Sound Remedy, Mord Fustang, Madeon, etc. Got any other recommendations?

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #3,275 of 6,987
... the Zune HD has terriable sound quality... got my Hifiman Hm 601 today and well it's much better. Heck the Hifiman even AMPS better than the Zune >.>

The Hifimans pre set Jazz Eq+ cMoy BB = ear gasmic :O

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #3,276 of 6,987
Quote:
Thanks for linking Soundprank. I like that sound along with Sound Remedy, Mord Fustang, Madeon, etc. Got any other recommendations?

Well, I won't link anything else by Soundprank because you can just go check out his discography on your own. I've got plenty of tracks I could recommend but if you are asking specifically for something similar to that Soundprank track I'm not sure what to say. I generally just look for music that's good and not music that's necessarily similar to music I've already heard, so I don't usually pay attention to what's similar to what. I'm also relatively new to modern electronic music, so the artists you mentioned aren't familiar to me and I don't have the time to go check them out. Therefore I'll just link a couple of progressive house tracks I like and hope you or someone else going through this thread will like at least one of them.

Also, if you haven't checked all the tracks I've linked earlier in this thread, some songs you could also check out (click to view in YouTube) are Kalm (Eelke Kleijn Remix), Perfect Days (Approaching Black Remix), Reload (Original Mix)Behind the Mirror (Original Mix)Alien (Shingo Nakamura Remix) & Rest (Kyohei Akagawa Remix). These tracks should keep you busy for a moment or two.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #3,277 of 6,987
Thanks for the reply. I particularly like that first one "Mozart". You found one which falls into the list I mentioned without knowing it I suppose. I'll check out the others you listed when I get a second and I'll post some of my favorites as well. Thanks again for the good music :) Progressive house is definitely my style.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #3,278 of 6,987
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I particularly like that first one "Mozart". You found one which falls into the list I mentioned without knowing it I suppose. I'll check out the others you listed when I get a second and I'll post some of my favorites as well. Thanks again for the good music :) Progressive house is definitely my style.

Yes, "Mozart" was indeed a lucky guess. I kind of knew you'd either hate it or love it, just didn't know which one would be the case. Before the summer I didn't even know there was a genre called progressive house and now I'm in love with it. Of course like in any other genre there's a lot of garbage out there, but once you find a couple of good artists and labels there's a lot of good music to be discovered and because of remixes it's quite easy to find new artists via the ones you already know.

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #3,279 of 6,987
Quote:
I havent heard a single Trap song I've liked...but damn. This one's big. Bass goes low and it's just good. Sounds like one is actually going to be on the Single release.
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/09/focus-ft-alpines-tidal-wave-flosstradamus-remix/

Fustang does his impression of KOAN Sound...and it's good.
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/09/mord-fustang-champloo/

Nero blowing up an MJ tune for the 25th of Bad. Holy **** it's good. (Easily the favorite of these links)
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/09/michael-jackson-speed-demon-nero-remix/

Big original tune from Vaski.
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/09/vaski-ft-ava-insane/

I've started to really like Trap over the last month or so, pretty fun to bump in the car, I can link some Trap if you guys want. I liked that Nero remix as well.

Aaaaand even though you mentioned you were getting tired of Foreign Beggars I figured since their new album came out today I would post up a couple of awesome tunes:

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #3,282 of 6,987
I wonder why trap hasn't blown up yet in all the clubs.  Possibly a good or bad thing..

To contribue to the thread.  Here's my DNB song of the day.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #3,283 of 6,987
TehJam - thank you very much, i actually knew alot of those already, but the ones i didnt were brilliant. cheers!

Quote:
I wonder why trap hasn't blown up yet in all the clubs.  Possibly a good or bad thing..

iv actually heard the odd trap played in clubs here and there but i dont go clubbing very often... 

anyway - is it just me or does trap sound like its a rap song, just without rap?

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #3,284 of 6,987
Quote:
anyway - is it just me or does trap sound like its a rap song, just without rap?

Depends on who it was produced by. There's some trap that actually sounds like rap and then there's the EDM-influenced stuff coming out now. 

And it certainly goes off in clubs.

Edit:

For reference, Aliasizm always puts out great unrealeased tracks on their channel, highly recommended.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #3,285 of 6,987
:O zomg net sky 16/48 .flacs sound lovely on the hifiman <3 I'm REALLY hoping the Dt 880 has more mid bass than my insane-o xb700, in theory it should seeing as the Frq response is pretty level 

Definatly want the HE 500, gonna pass on the dt 880 600, but the XB 700 I have now has very little Mid bass, and I'm sure that's due to that big oh'll DROP

Still the roll off in Sub shouldn't be an issue at all seeing as Dub Step is ALL on the XB, and around 80 or so the Dt 880 starts to pick up and stays str8 till about 200 then around 300 it drops a little

Still it's not like the PLUMET the xb 700 takes at around 100, and it's still not at even as the HE 500's, but I'm getting close <3, plus the cMoy has some nice Mid bass boost that the Fiio E6 didn't

Ethier way I want to ask you guys, where are you guys getting 24/96's from e.e Obviously not from p2p <3 but I'd like to get some :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back