Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 10, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #106 of 6,987

Apr 10, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #108 of 6,987
The "12 Inch Anthology" by Skinny Puppy has some interesting material. I am just digging a bit. 

The German underground scene should have a lot of gems according to a friend of mine...

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #111 of 6,987
The best way to enjoy Goa is in the club/at the party - my experience - because headphones cannot catch the vibe of actually being there. I will certainly dig for Goa though...

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #112 of 6,987
I'll pretty much eat up most of the stuff UKF sticks out there. That one is a fun one.

Also, Goa is pretty great, even in headphones. I haven't listened to that stuff in a LONG time. Hmmmm...

Futurebound's been at it again;

@ccodesid: Good stuff from Mr. Oizo, i've heard Positif before but not the first one, I haven't heard either of them in a club though
time for some goa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-YnNmP7rtQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb-tFAt68bw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTxUwDGRHqw

Sorry, don't know how to embed utoob

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #114 of 6,987
Do you guys find this type of stuff in FLAC files or only Mp3? I have A LOT of dubstep, but its all been downloaded (legally mind you) and its in Mp3 format. Is there a way to reformat them to something with better quality, or possible download free podcasts in FLAC rather than Mp3? Im just really trying to get the most out of the music I have.

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #115 of 6,987
I hunt for CDs and sometimes the best cuts are to be found on vinyl. Second hand record stores and fairs for the music collecters are a gold mine. Just make sure your budget does not stretch more than you want it to. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #116 of 6,987
Most albums are available on CD, some releases from the smaller labels are only on vinyl or as a download, or sometimes as a vinyl that comes with a code for a download which is nice, ripping from vinyl is a PITA. And, no, you can't reformat them to a better quality file.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #117 of 6,987

For individual tracks I use Trackitdown and Beatport mainly. They both have a wav option. I take it on beatport but not on trackitdown.

When downloading mixes I take whatever I can get. Im not usually too bothered unless there is bad clipping. Some dance music can actually sound better at a reduced rate because it gives the music a harder rougher sound. Works well with hardstyle.

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #118 of 6,987
I haven't found a single Electronic second hand CD or Vinyl in any store I've been in down here. It makes me sad, but I understand it I guess.

I buy most of my other genres second hand though. Go in with about $200 once or twice a year and walk about with 20+ CDs. Always a super fun day.
I hunt for CDs and sometimes the best cuts are to be found on vinyl. Second hand record stores and fairs for the music collecters are a gold mine. Just make sure your budget does not stretch more than you want it to. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #120 of 6,987
I honestly think that any Trance fan in the world should own the entire Above & Beyond discography. It's just...too good. You may not always be in the mood for it, but if you get in that mood you'll always sneak an Above & Beyond song in there somewhere.

Also, that's a great remix. I'm not a big Calvin Harris fan, or the biggest Deamau5 fan (to be honest), but that's (IMO) Calvin's best song, only made better by Deadmau5.

Currently digging:

and

P.S. Fullscreen 720p on this second vid is absolutely gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back