Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 26, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #6,438 of 6,987
Hello my brothers and sisters of electronic music....

I need your help please...

I have been searching for a pair of headphones for a few months now, and it's a hard journey....

I have posted 3 threads total, and in many HP threads,and so far not much help so far.

I was curious if anyone could help me, I figure someone in here has to listen to similar music to me.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785486/looking-for-a-great-pair-headphones-for-fast-music-details-inside   

Thanks for any advice, but I'm basically looking for a good pair of headphones, with a great soundstage, a more "V-Shaped" headphone, but not heavy/bloated bass, and not too much piercing treble, but enough to brighten/liven up the music.  I also, more importantly, need a pair that does well with "fast" music, and "chaotic" music, one user used the word "frenetic" to describe my music. :).

Thanks all!

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #6,440 of 6,987
  looking for a good pair of headphones, with a great soundstage, a more "V-Shaped" headphone, but not heavy/bloated bass, and not too much piercing treble, but enough to brighten/liven up the music.  I also, more importantly, need a pair that does well with "fast" music, and "chaotic" music, one user used the word "frenetic" to describe my music. :).

Thanks all!

TH900

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #6,447 of 6,987
size]

Blacksmif - And the Sun Rose Out EP

Answer Code Request - Subway Into

Oct 31, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #6,449 of 6,987
  I was curious if anyone could help me, I figure someone in here has to listen to similar music to me.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785486/looking-for-a-great-pair-headphones-for-fast-music-details-inside   

Thanks for any advice, but I'm basically looking for a good pair of headphones, with a great soundstage, a more "V-Shaped" headphone, but not heavy/bloated bass, and not too much piercing treble, but enough to brighten/liven up the music.  I also, more importantly, need a pair that does well with "fast" music, and "chaotic" music, one user used the word "frenetic" to describe my music. :).

Looks like you've gotten some good responses.   Whenever I posted for advice my threads were virtually ignored with just a few responses.   The two $300 headphones I have are the DT990s and the PSB M4U1.   I greatly prefer the DT990s despite Wirecutter raving the PSBs were the best in the price range.   You already heard about the DT990s so I won't bore you with anymore details but I definitely love listening to EDM and Rock/Metal with them.   The highs/treble can be a bit bright but I think stabbing is a harsh word.   It's like a TV with the brightness a bit higher than needed.   It still sounds good, just bright.

On a related note I don't know if my ears opened up or what because I'm not sure I believe in "burn-in" but if its real than maybe my DT990s or WA7 burned in more.   Wow, huge difference.   Songs that were sounding flat have depth now and songs that had depth really have depth now.   Songs I forgotten why I liked before sound great again.   Songs I always like are delaying me from going to bed.

Guess I should drop at least one beat so it's not a totally boring post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back