Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Dec 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #3,811 of 6,987
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmxvVF7Fl-c

Really liked the rock vibe. Great remix. 

Also, they made a vinyl pressing for the anniversary. FFFFFFF. Guess they'll be taking some of my money as well. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3,812 of 6,987
Quote:
I don't think the music is the bottleneck at all. Well over half my test songs for new equipment are Electronic music and that's how I pick most of the differences out. Heck, I think it's more obvious with well mastered EDM because there's no mic to worry about when recording the sound. You hear the sound exactly how it was intended. So unless they run the final master through a meat grinder (which happens still) you get quality music. 

At a recent mini meet I hosted the other 2 guys were big into EDM, too. They could easily hear differences between the 009 and other world class cans. Mainly in the texture and transparency departments. 

I'd say the 2 best choices for Electronic music in the high end are the TH900 and 009. The TH900 rocks out monster bass with less texture and a slight grain compared to the 009, but the music is so pure and full. The 009 just gives you exactly what's there. It's just so transparent. I think it's even more obvious with Ambient or Future Garage stuff like Soular Order. 

It is very nice to know. Thank you so much. 
tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #3,814 of 6,987
Lifted Music has so much talent lately, damnnnn:

New Phetsta is good too:

Edit:

I don't really listen to Trance, but since Fij uploaded it I listened, really good stuff (MrFijiWiji has an excellent taste in music):

That Glitch Mob remix is great too, I still can;t get over the Noisia one though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #3,815 of 6,987
This is my some of favorite trance track. Amazing perceived atmosphere, especialy piano line... Winter Sun, yeah... It's quite prolonged but make sure to listen to the whole track.

Happy listening and good day! 
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #3,816 of 6,987
If anyone's a gamer, the popular Humble Bundle sale comes with FLAC soundtracks of all the games you purchase. If you haven't heard, they're offering 5 games for a dollar. I think some of the tracks are pretty cool.
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #3,817 of 6,987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fIYya1hPQg

Just stumbled on this track recently and I like it more than the original. I really loved most of Zedd's vocal work choices on this album, and the lyrics here are beautiful. Really like this one.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #3,818 of 6,987
Any fans of Kill The Noise here? I recently picked up the lossless version of "Kill Kill Kill" and converted to AIFF in Max. I'm completely blown away by both the music itself, and the quality. Anyone?

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #3,819 of 6,987
Lots of KTN fans here but I think he's on a downhill slope right now unfortunately. His latest EP wasn't as good as Kill Kill Kill and his best work are still remixes, IMO.

Quote:
Any fans of Kill The Noise here? I recently picked up the lossless version of "Kill Kill Kill" and converted to AIFF in Max. I'm completely blown away by both the music itself, and the quality. Anyone?

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #3,820 of 6,987
Quote:
Lots of KTN fans here but I think he's on a downhill slope right now unfortunately. His latest EP wasn't as good as Kill Kill Kill and his best work are still remixes, IMO.

Are you talking about Roots Remixed and Black Magic? I agree, they aren't as good as KKK but they're decent.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #3,821 of 6,987
I hated Roots but Black Magic was alright. Against, I still think his best stuff are his remixes right now. Favorite probably being his Spitfire remix along with the Talk Box mix and his Must be the Feeling mix. 

Some serious talent there. He and KOAN Sound nail almost every remix. 

Quote:

Are you talking about Roots Remixed and Black Magic? I agree, they aren't as good as KKK but they're decent.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #3,822 of 6,987
Quote:
I hated Roots but Black Magic was alright. Against, I still think his best stuff are his remixes right now. Favorite probably being his Spitfire remix along with the Talk Box mix and his Must be the Feeling mix. 

Some serious talent there. He and KOAN Sound nail almost every remix. 

I like KOAN Sound a lot. 

I've been kind of out of the loop lately, Morbid (besides seeing that UKF Dubstep 2012 releases the day after tomorrow). Any major DnB & Electro-House albums I've failed to view that have been released?

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #3,823 of 6,987
Subscape releases, new Seven Lions, new Black Sun Empire, new Calyx & Teebee, new Deadmau5, new Sub Focus, new Reso, new Gemini, new Xilent, new Metrik, new (old) Prodigy...

Not to mention all the good Dubstep releases lately. God I hardly even pay attention to UKF anymore. lol

New Burial is what I'm most excited for the rest of the year.

Quote:

I like KOAN Sound a lot. 

I've been kind of out of the loop lately, Morbid (besides seeing that UKF Dubstep 2012 releases the day after tomorrow). Any major DnB & Electro-House albums I've failed to view that have been released?

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #3,824 of 6,987
Quote:
Subscape releases, new Seven Lions, new Black Sun Empire, new Calyx & Teebee, new Deadmau5, new Sub Focus, new Reso, new Gemini, new Xilent, new Metrik, new (old) Prodigy...

Not to mention all the good Dubstep releases lately. God I hardly even pay attention to UKF anymore. lol

New Burial is what I'm most excited for the rest of the year.

Wow, I've missed a lot. 

And, a new Burial? I may have just wet my pants.

And I listened to the new Deadmau5 (Album Title Goes Here). I like it, but don't know if it's worth picking up the CD or not.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #3,825 of 6,987
Check out Soular Order if you missed him this year (2 free EPs). Especially if you like Burial. Amazing stuff there. 

I could go on and on. There was a ton of good stuff this year. The new Sub Focus is probably going to win my 'Single of the Year'. Because holy **** Tidal Wave is so good. 

Quote:

Wow, I've missed a lot. 

And, a new Burial? I may have just wet my pants.

And I listened to the new Deadmau5 (Album Title Goes Here). I like it, but don't know if it's worth picking up the CD or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back