Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Nov 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #3,766 of 6,987
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you knew of any songs similar to feed me, and these 2 songs? 

and 

I really want more music of this style, loving it!

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #3,767 of 6,987
Quote:
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you knew of any songs similar to feed me, and these 2 songs? 

and 

I really want more music of this style, loving it!

sounds like liquid drum and bass to me. the channel of the 1st video (liquicity) is an excellent source for more groups of similar sounds.
off the top of my head, here are a few recommendations: netsky, rollz, loadstar, fred v and grafix (a personal favorite), maduk, feint, rameses b, sulex, two thirds (another favorite). id start with netsky as hes by far the most popular and you should be able to find lots of his tracks on youtube pretty easily, some of the groups iv listed are a bit obscure.

other drum and bass (not liquid) which is also recommended: high contrast (his last album "The Agony & The Ecstasy" is a masterpiece imo), chase and status, black sun empire.

hope this helps

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #3,768 of 6,987
Quote:
sounds like liquid drum and bass to me. the channel of the 1st video (liquicity) is an excellent source for more groups of similar sounds.
off the top of my head, here are a few recommendations: netsky, rollz, loadstar, fred v and grafix (a personal favorite), maduk, feint, rameses b, sulex, two thirds (another favorite). id start with netsky as hes by far the most popular and you should be able to find lots of his tracks on youtube pretty easily, some of the groups iv listed are a bit obscure.

other drum and bass (not liquid) which is also recommended: high contrast (his last album "The Agony & The Ecstasy" is a masterpiece imo), chase and status, black sun empire.

hope this helps

every single one of those artists I'm loving, thanks so much! :D

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #3,769 of 6,987
Quote:

Another satisfied customer ;]

I myself would like to get recommendations for some dark ambient records. From the art side of things.

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #3,771 of 6,987
Quote:

glad i could be of service =]

Quote:

I myself would like to get recommendations for some dark ambient records. From the art side of things.

not quite my department, if you post some examples it will help others know what your looking for. naming genres isn't always helpful.  however, im sure MorbidToasters recommendations will be stellar.

carrying on - new soular order track, and a very good one at that:
http://soundcloud.com/soularorder/soular-order-distance

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #3,772 of 6,987
Here's a short bio from BWR on Lustmord.

Lustmord (b. Brian Williams), is a Los Angeles, CA, USA dark ambient / industrial electronica musician, who started recording with SPK (early-1980s). He utilizes ultra-low frequencies - infrasound (i.e. below 20Hz, known to cause feelings of awe or fear). Lustmord has extracted field recordings (made in crypts, caves & slaughterhouses), occasionally combined these with ritual incantations, Tibetan horns & other acoustic phenomena treatments - often encased in expanded bass rumbles.

--
First track of his I ever heard featured shotgun blasts followed by babies crying. Brutal.

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #3,773 of 6,987
Quote:
Here's a short bio from BWR on Lustmord.
Lustmord (b. Brian Williams), is a Los Angeles, CA, USA dark ambient / industrial electronica musician, who started recording with SPK (early-1980s). He utilizes ultra-low frequencies - infrasound (i.e. below 20Hz, known to cause feelings of awe or fear). Lustmord has extracted field recordings (made in crypts, caves & slaughterhouses), occasionally combined these with ritual incantations, Tibetan horns & other acoustic phenomena treatments - often encased in expanded bass rumbles.
--
First track of his I ever heard featured shotgun blasts followed by babies crying. Brutal.

My first tracks by him were some Tool remixes. Didn't like those at all at the time. I should try his own stuff. Hopefully for better success :] Thank you sir.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #3,774 of 6,987
One of the best house tracks I've heard in ages.  If someone asked me, "Dave, how are vocals used to greatest effect in house music?" I might easily respond with this

Ladies and gentlemen, stick with this one until after 3:00.  Trust.  I like this remix much better than the original.

Still in house mode, so one more.

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #3,775 of 6,987
Been spending quite a bit of time with this, and its good. I don't enjoy it quite as much as Nothing Else (I love what they do with the organ!) but its a very good album all the same. Ghosst(s) is especially good with LCD2's with that double bass used cello styley. I've been going through their back cat (Grief Machine and Drugs are agreeing with me big style!) and they are very good Dubstep imo. Cheers for the recommendation Morbs.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #3,776 of 6,987

Try Phace, NickBee, Icicle (older stuff is dnb, newer stuff is dark dungeon dubstep), Hybris, Rido, Malk. All dark dnb

EDIT: this is my first post here. I belong here. I'm pretty big into dnb (I guess you can call me a basement DJ of sorts), but not really huge on jump up. I love me a great jump up mix (a la Andy C for example) but for general listening, and mixing purposes, I'm more interested in the dark and moody rollers and neuro funk, like The Upbeats, Mefjus, Noisia, Phace, Audio, Calyx and TeeBee, etc. Liquid has a special place for me, but not a lot, it has to have that soul to it, and attention to detail is key. I find a lot of Liquicity channel artis use more synths that I like for a nice liquid track, for example. Brookes Brothers, Fred V and Grafix, Kove, Sigma are some pretty special producers in my eyes.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #3,777 of 6,987
http://music.musicofthemoon.com/album/moon-ep

Just found this guy on Bandcamp, I actually like his style quite a bit. 

Also dmcs, that Ben Pearce song is excellent! Haven't listened to the other two yet though :3

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #3,779 of 6,987
Quote:

Cinematic and panoramic Dark Ambient:
Raison d'etre, Desiderii Marginis, Atrium Carceri.

Constrict, industrial Dark Ambient, Drone:
Inade, Bad Sector, Elysium Facade.

Also, space ambient is also very related. I prefer Steve Roach, Jonn Serrie, Robert Rich and Numina.

It's only tear in the ocean, let me know if you interested. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back