Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Nov 17, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #3,706 of 6,987

So after actually giving the full thing a listen (listening again now) this is probably top 5 this year. Beautiful art (It'll be the first LP I frame. Might even frame the vinyl with it and just get another copy) along with dark, morbid sound to match. Very, very good. Heavy.

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #3,707 of 6,987
Quote:
Going through Monolake's back catologue and I'm really liking all of it! Very well produced, dark, low key, interesting techno.

(typed monolake in google images and found these so I'm adding them)

I love Monolake. It's the best almost purely electronic stuff I've heard so far.

Nov 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #3,708 of 6,987
Quote:

I love Monolake. It's the best almost purely electronic stuff I've heard so far.

beerchug.gif
 yeah that Mr Robert Henke the founder member is quite a clever chap!

"Robert B. Henke is a German computer music composer and professor of sound design at the Berlin University of the Arts. He is a co-developer of Ableton Live music software and founding member of the electronic music project Monolake."

Quote:

So after actually giving the full thing a listen (listening again now) this is probably top 5 this year. Beautiful art (It'll be the first LP I frame. Might even frame the vinyl with it and just get another copy) along with dark, morbid sound to match. Very, very good. Heavy.

What album is that MT? want to check it out

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #3,712 of 6,987
Quote:
Lorn - Ask the Dust

Dude. You were not joking around with this one. It's a shame they've sold out on the vinyl in ninjatune's store. It's almost double with shipping from my other usual places ;[

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #3,713 of 6,987
Oh and by the way, even though internet is full of Trent atm, this new project has two full EPs worth of brilliant electro beats.
http://howtodestroyangels.com/

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #3,714 of 6,987

Shame you can't find a copy. It's what I'm about to put on again. 

Quote:
Dude. You were not joking around with this one. It's a shame they've sold out on the vinyl in ninjatune's store. It's almost double with shipping from my other usual places ;[

Yeah I want to like the project but was underwhelmed by the first EP. My favorite thing they've done is still the track they did on the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo OST. He and his wife can definitely do something special I'm just not sure if they've perfected the formula yet.

Quote:
Oh and by the way, even though internet is full of Trent atm, this new project has two full EPs worth of brilliant electro beats.
http://howtodestroyangels.com/

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #3,716 of 6,987
Quote:

sure blew me away! wouldnt say it was heavy by any means, but definitely a great album, thank you for yet again giving a stellar recommendation!

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #3,718 of 6,987
Quote:
You didn't think Weigh Me Down was heavy? No pun intended.

i dont know, maybe "heavy" means something else to me.. i consider "brostepy" tracks as heavy, breackbeat is heavy to me. lorn sound more like "deep" dubstep imo. prehaps the all around mood is dark and kinda heavy, but the music itself wasnt harsh or aggressive or anything... so what do you mean by "heavy"?

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #3,719 of 6,987
Heavy to me is very rumbly (sub bass). I wouldn't call any Brostep heavy. It's all mid bass wub rather than a weighty sound. 

Content wise the old hippie definition of heavy works here too. Very intense and thought provoking. Again, something Brostep is not. lol

I considering things a little more like Burial 'deep'. 

Quote:
i dont know, maybe "heavy" means something else to me.. i consider "brostepy" tracks as heavy, breackbeat is heavy to me. lorn sound more like "deep" dubstep imo. prehaps the all around mood is dark and kinda heavy, but the music itself wasnt harsh or aggressive or anything... so what do you mean by "heavy"?

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #3,720 of 6,987
Quote:
Heavy to me is very rumbly (sub bass). I wouldn't call any Brostep heavy. It's all mid bass wub rather than a weighty sound. 

Content wise the old hippie definition of heavy works here too. Very intense and thought provoking. Again, something Brostep is not. lol

I considering things a little more like Burial 'deep'. 

well there you go then =]

intense is the word id use for lorn, not heavy. heavy to me is harsh and/or aggressive, when they mess around with the tempo and break beats, fast drums and mid-centric outbursts. when i say heavy, i mean the sound, not the atmosphere. when electronical music reminds you of metal, even though theres no electrical guitar or anything - thats heavy to me, something i dont like btw. this is one of the reasons i dont like djs like feed me or borgor. this is why i usually dont like "dark" dnb (although some of it is good, like the Current Value track i posted a while ago). sub bass is heavy in your opinion? does that make "the others" a heavy group in your book?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back