Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jun 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #2,686 of 6,987
At times they do. Girlfriend doesn't care, one of them likes Skrillex (really trying to fix that, but her and I aren't on great terms), and they other guy doesn't seem to care either. 

They're going to have to deal with it because this massive PA wall of sound I have planned is happening whether they like it or not.

EDIT: I have a feeling once they hear it we'll be having a lot of house parties. The new roomies are drinkers. :wink:

I would love to be a roommate of yours, I have a feeling that they're gonna like the speakers as well.

We're redoing our basement, so I told my mom I would buy some speakers for it and such, she asked why if we already had a tv. I told her not to worry.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #2,687 of 6,987
Like...implying TV speakers? Brutal.

I have a feeling if we were roommates we'd just split new Beatport releases like a monthly bill and jam out a lot...Which actually sounds pretty great actually. :D

I do really wish I could find some EDM friendly roommates...or get my girlfriend to care about music at least. Then again I think finding roommates okay with shaking walls ~18/6 would be tough.

Quote:
I would love to be a roommate of yours, I have a feeling that they're gonna like the speakers as well.
We're redoing our basement, so I told my mom I would buy some speakers for it and such, she asked why if we already had a tv. I told her not to worry.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #2,688 of 6,987
Quote:
Like...implying TV speakers? Brutal.

I have a feeling if we were roommates we'd just split new Beatport releases like a monthly bill and jam out a lot...Which actually sounds pretty great actually. :D

I do really wish I could find some EDM friendly roommates...or get my girlfriend to care about music at least. Then again I think finding roommates okay with shaking walls ~18/6 would be tough.

Haha yes.

When I get to finding out my college roommate in a couple years the first thing I ask will probably have something to do with EDM.

If they don't tolerate it... Well, they will.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #2,689 of 6,987
I said actually twice. That was odd.

Good luck with a college roomie. I find that if someone is open to it you'll eventually find some form of EDM they'll like.

Also...****...Now I have to find someone to split Beatport like a bill with. lol

Quote:

Haha yes.

When I get to finding out my college roommate in a couple years the first thing I ask will probably have something to do with EDM.

If they don't tolerate it... Well, they will.

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #2,692 of 6,987
Jumped up over 600 today as I added a few releases I missed out on today. Like the new Klaypex album.

Not awful.

A bit off topic here, but is soundtrack (pop classical basically) considered high quality music around here? I'm trying to get into some other music along with EDM that will let me justify more expensive gear in the coming years, I've always liked game and movie soundtracks and I don't really think I can ever get back into rap, pop, or anything else.

Jun 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #2,693 of 6,987
There's plenty of good game and movie OSTs. 

If you like some of the more...epic soundtracks you can easily justify better gear. Plenty of people use stuff from movies like Inception and Dark Knight as test tracks.

Also...That's MP3 prices. I of course want AIFF...but that'd be over 1000.

Quote:
Not awful.
A bit off topic here, but is soundtrack (pop classical basically) considered high quality music around here? I'm trying to get into some other music along with EDM that will let me justify more expensive gear in the coming years, I've always liked game and movie soundtracks and I don't really think I can ever get back into rap, pop, or anything else.

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #2,694 of 6,987
Quote:
The new Fabric album by Guy Gerber is off the hook, best Fabric comp I've heard in quite awhile.  Its basically an artist album as all the tracks are from him but its fantastic house/tech house and flows perfectly.  Its not out for full release tell the end of the month but I got a promo and its so good I'm still going to buy the CD.

Have you heard the Ricardo and Shackleton fabric mixes? They both use the same concept of using only their own tracks, I like Shackleton's the best. The Levon Vincent mix is my favourite in recent memory, I'm looking forward to Guy Gerber

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #2,695 of 6,987
Quote:
Hey guys, back again, I was wondering if anyone knew any albums that absolutely abuses the lower frequencies? I'm talking earth-shaking subbass and pounding mid-bass. I might be transforming into somewhat of a closet basshead when I'm not listening to metal :p, but I lack any albums that drown me in it. Drum N Bass is preferred, but any genre is fine.

Any emptyset album

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #2,697 of 6,987
Quote:
Can't wait for this, HudMo and Lunice area both baller.

I think I saw an Eprom collab somewhere too, know anything about it?

Edit:

Just listened to this, thought it would be typical boring Figure. I've listened to it 15 times in a row and counting.

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #2,699 of 6,987
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/06/skrillex-nero-id/

Skrillex with sub bass? He must be doing another collab... 
rolleyes.gif

Oh, and there's some figure I enjoy but most of it is just...ugh.

EDIT: A better song I can't get out of my head or off my playlist. There's something about the lead that gets me in this one. Plus that Flux rumble.

Jun 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #2,700 of 6,987
Quote:
Didn't hear about that, where did you read it? That would make my day.

Can't quite remember, I'll see if I can dig it up.
Quote:
http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/06/skrillex-nero-id/

Skrillex with sub bass? He must be doing another collab... 
rolleyes.gif

Oh, and there's some figure I enjoy but most of it is just...ugh.

EDIT: A better song I can't get out of my head or off my playlist. There's something about the lead that gets me in this one. Plus that Flux rumble.

I saw that a little while ago on clubland, nobody is really sure if it's Skrillex or Nero or Alvin Risk maybe. I think it's a Nero song, or a Nero remix of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ViG4vNj-M, but that's just me.

Edit:

Just wanna put this here as well:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back