Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jun 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #2,671 of 6,987
Quote:
While I didn't particularly like it I wouldn't call it garbage. I can definitely see why people would dislike it. I liked the natural snare, but it felt like I was at a damn carnival. 

True, garbage isn't a great choice of vocabulary.  Just not my cup of tea. 

So im hitting up WTFestival at the end of next month, and one of the artists there is Starslinger.  I'd never heard of him until i went through the whole lineup and checked out all the artists.  This is one of my favorites from him, love the comic book store live shot:

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #2,672 of 6,987
I really enjoyed that. It makes me want to get back into production. 

I loved the 'hair in the face while spinning knobs' look as it reminded me of how I looked when I used to DJ. Pretty much exactly like that. lol

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #2,675 of 6,987
Holy crap. ThisSongSlaps is on the ball lately. 

http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/06/porter-robinsons-unreleased-bootleg-pack/

Still downloadable (his original MediaFire link was taken down). Plus some great Adventure Club mixes (including one by We Rage At Dawn). 

EDIT: And since we're talking about Freeform...here's my favorite song from that genre.

It just gets better and better until that break at 3 mins. blows it up. If you play this on some nice speakers with a ton of low end kick...Dear god. One of my all time EDM favorites. The sweep after the break is pretty sick, too.

I used to end a lot of shows with this song. Just shut the bitch down with a bang.

EDIT 2: If you like this follow the link for tons of free set and song DLs.

Jun 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #2,681 of 6,987
Best scene in the movie, IMO. Fantastic. 

Nightcall is definitely one of my favorites of his. Only getting better with time. I need to buy that soundtrack, actually.

Quote:
Drive is probably my favorite movie of all time, Nightcall is a classic.
God I love that beginning scene.

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #2,682 of 6,987
Best scene in the movie, IMO. Fantastic. 

Nightcall is definitely one of my favorites of his. Only getting better with time. I need to buy that soundtrack, actually.

I have it, beautiful piece of work.

Like you said before, Prometheus has some good music (at least in the trailer), that will be the next thing I see. Hopefully I can see it before Monday when I go backpacking in North Carolina.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #2,683 of 6,987
Should be going to see it soon with the new roomies. Really looking forward to it.

Quote:
I have it, beautiful piece of work.
Like you said before, Prometheus has some good music (at least in the trailer), that will be the next thing I see. Hopefully I can see it before Monday when I go backpacking in North Carolina.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #2,685 of 6,987
At times they do. Girlfriend doesn't care, one of them likes Skrillex (really trying to fix that, but her and I aren't on great terms), and they other guy doesn't seem to care either. 

They're going to have to deal with it because this massive PA wall of sound I have planned is happening whether they like it or not.

EDIT: I have a feeling once they hear it we'll be having a lot of house parties. The new roomies are drinkers. :wink:

Quote:
Do they tolerate loud Electronic music well? I know my family doesn't
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back