Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jun 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #2,656 of 6,987
I'm almost certain this has been shared here before, but it bears repeating.  A work of staggering genius in my view.  Burial V Massive Attack - Four Walls

I love this guy's comment on youtube- (a rare phenomenon in its own right, to take pleasure in a youtube comment)

"This song is very special to me, it represents the way music can cross generations. When I was a kid one of my dad's favourite bands were Massive Attack and I grew up listening to the album Mezzanine. Then recently I showed my Dad 'Distant Lights; by Burial and he was astounded. The next day he bought Burial's albums. To see Burial doing a collab with Massive Attack is so touching. I love how good music always finds the right people, regardless of when you are born."

More music in a similar vein, but slightly more obscure.  (Can't believe this next one only has 18,000 hits, it's brilliant!)

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2,657 of 6,987
Quote:
Centipede is the song that got me into Knife Party, still need to listen to some of their older stuff.

Knife Party doesn't have any older stuff, their first EP was in later 2011, not what I would call old, but it's very good.

If you actually want what Rob and Gareth have done, check out Immersion and Hold Your Color, seriously good albums from the Pendulum guys.

Quote:
I'm almost certain this has been shared here before, but it bears repeating.  A work of staggering genius in my view.  Burial V Massive Attack - Four Walls

I love this guy's comment on youtube- (a rare phenomenon in its own right, to take pleasure in a youtube comment)

"This song is very special to me, it represents the way music can cross generations. When I was a kid one of my dad's favourite bands were Massive Attack and I grew up listening to the album Mezzanine. Then recently I showed my Dad 'Distant Lights; by Burial and he was astounded. The next day he bought Burial's albums. To see Burial doing a collab with Massive Attack is so touching. I love how good music always finds the right people, regardless of when you are born."

Wow, if only my dad listened to Massive Attack, that's a pretty touching comment. The collab was great as well.

Hey, my dad likes Netsky, I'll take it.

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2,658 of 6,987
Quote:

Knife Party doesn't have any older stuff, their first EP was in later 2011, not what I would call old, but it's very good.

If you actually want what Rob and Gareth have done, check out Immersion and Hold Your Color, seriously good albums from the Pendulum guys.

I meant stuff they did before Centipede since that's the first song from Knife Party I've actually given a chance.

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2,660 of 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still think this is their best song.

EDIT: Loved Antidote as well.

LOL, that reminds me that my friend showed me Antidote for the video. Didn't really listen to it properly though...
As for Torniquet, I'm not a big electro/house fan, but it is a pretty nice song. I personally don't like to say any producer has a "best song", just songs I like more than others.

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2,661 of 6,987
Unfortunately I don't like Knife Party that much. About 50/50 I'd say as far as good vs bad songs (IMO of course). Swire is a favorite but I kind of want them to stop making Knife Party stuff and just put out another Pendulum album. lol

Quote:

LOL, that reminds me that my friend showed me Antidote for the video. Didn't really listen to it properly though...
As for Torniquet, I'm not a big electro/house fan, but it is a pretty nice song. I personally don't like to say any producer has a "best song", just songs I like more than others.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #2,663 of 6,987
Hey guys, back again, I was wondering if anyone knew any albums that absolutely abuses the lower frequencies? I'm talking earth-shaking subbass and pounding mid-bass. I might be transforming into somewhat of a closet basshead when I'm not listening to metal :p, but I lack any albums that drown me in it. Drum N Bass is preferred, but any genre is fine.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #2,666 of 6,987
I am so angry right now. 

UKF just uploaded one of the best releases of the year, which is also FREE, and it has more dislikes than likes.

I hate every ******* UKF dubstap kid.

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #2,667 of 6,987
The new Fabric album by Guy Gerber is off the hook, best Fabric comp I've heard in quite awhile.  Its basically an artist album as all the tracks are from him but its fantastic house/tech house and flows perfectly.  Its not out for full release tell the end of the month but I got a promo and its so good I'm still going to buy the CD.

For the trance heads Armada's Trance World 2012 mixed by Shogun and In Search Of Sunrise 10: Australia mixed by Richard Durand & Thomas Mengel are both good mixes though I find Shoguns to be a little better over all.

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,668 of 6,987
Quote:
I am so angry right now. 

UKF just uploaded one of the best releases of the year, which is also FREE, and it has more dislikes than likes.

I hate every ******* UKF dubstap kid.

Eh. . . can't say I really blame them.  This sounds like garbage IMO.  Im pretty partial to melodic tunes though. 

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #2,669 of 6,987
While I didn't particularly like it I wouldn't call it garbage. I can definitely see why people would dislike it. I liked the natural snare, but it felt like I was at a damn carnival. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back