Electrodynamic and electrostatic headphones now obsolete ?
Dec 18, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #91 of 115

How should we situate the Abyss compared to all these flavors, and overall ranking that can be expected, according to criteria specific of comparisons (with strengths and weaknesses) as established rigorously by David Mahler.

The Abyss deserves its place in the top 10, or even better?

Eric

You can always make your own top 10. I don't think David has had a chance to hear the Abyss or update his list yet.

Maybe though it would be more helpful if the threads eric65 started contained in the title the statement "Currently on HCFR....", and keep such cross-posting limited to those threads. Just a thought.

LOL. This is Head-Fi where a high SNR is expected. The subject title of this thread is rather provocative; probably because Eric wanted to have some debate and bring in some other opinions from non-English speakers. In that sense, the links he has provided is on topic. I enjoy reading impressions from people outside of the English speaking nations, i.e. USA, Canada, UK. It provides another perspective, and the debates on HFCR are a rather fresh perspective, at least to me.

There's always "unsubscribe". Best to do so silently, although it's much more fashionable to type "unsubscribe" in the thread before doing so.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #93 of 115
  Sorry if you already know the story:

Based on these photos. For your opinion, what is the most faithful headphones to the original sound ?

(NB: one good answer only)
(NB bis: I said the most faithful, not the prettiest nor the most expensive ...
biggrin.gif
)

Photo source unknown except for the last pic (source Innerfidelity : http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphones-absolute-fidelity-zimoun)

Eric

Eric
You know the source this photo because it belongs to me.
You copy my pictures without my permission while I've forbidden.
And in addition you dare to say you do not know the source !
Your honesty is the same as on the French forum HCFR, I see !
Pierre PAYA

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #96 of 115
These photos are domain public and can be found easily via the Google search engine.

If these pictures belong to you, well mark the name of your or your company , remove it of the public domain and the public forums where you publish inexpensively for commercial purposes (as a reseller of the products in question).

EDIT : Pierre, you have several pictures at me (taken with my Nikon D90 and D3OOS) on your commercial site ; yet I do not outcry! http://casques-headphones.blogspot.fr/

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #97 of 115
English is much too blunt of an instrument for debates and arguing. There is a reason why French is the language of diplomacy.

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #99 of 115
  English is much too blunt of an instrument for debates and arguing. There is a reason why French is the language of diplomacy.

And the official language of the Olympic Games. Do not forget.
smily_headphones1.gif

That reason is because the French are bad at war.

Gunboat diplomacy, we have known and shared with our English friends.
biggrin.gif

And you ? 
wink.gif

Eric

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #100 of 115
  That reason is because the French are bad at war.

It depends. Charlemagne kicked ass, and Charlemagne's grandfather was nicknamed "The Hammer". No relation to MC Hammer.

And Napoleon almost took over Europe, but he was too greedy and over-expanded.

And we shouldn't forget about the secret "A-team" or ninja style war exploits of CDG in WWII, and his manual on blitzkrieg which the German's supposedly ripped off from him.

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #101 of 115
Dec 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #102 of 115
  Eric
Pierre PAYA

Lobatomy Needed.
Think I'll have more Cognac-No-cancel that,I'll have an Sam Adams Boston Lager-yeah-thats right

Merry Christmas to all....LOL
Jesus,I don't believe this thread.

Au Revoir,
Mike

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #103 of 115
  Eric
Pierre PAYA

confused.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #105 of 115

I think it's because it's more about the debate and arguing than the outcome in french culture :). The words are more courteous in the french forum but no less abbrasive in their meaning... I had a back culture shock participating in the discussions there :)

Arnaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back