Electric Shaver
Jan 9, 2004 at 9:54 AM Post #31 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
I had used the Norelco's for decades, so I bought a Braun like the one above and tried it for a few months. The razor seemed to pull at my whiskers instead of cutting them. It was actually painful to shave. I didn't realize just how bad it was until I got my new Norelco. Now it's either a blade (if I have the time) or the Norelco. I'll never buy another Braun razor.

eek.gif

Hey RickG !!!!

Wow, I'm surprised because the good point on the 7680 for me is the comfort, the "smoothness"... The past models where not like it but this new one is amazing. You may have any problem with the blades. You could check that...

Best

Ari

Jan 10, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #34 of 75
daycart1
HI: How are you? Ialmao. We buy Electric shavers to shave those beards off. LOL. That may be why no one memtion Electric beard trimmers.
biggrin.gif
If you are on aol try keyword Electric beard trimmer.

Jan 10, 2004 at 8:12 AM Post #35 of 75
im using some remington twinfoil thing... bought for either 29 or 39$ at either walmart or target (heh)... works wonderfully

it has a neat pop-up trimmer for sideburns/trimming before you actually do the close-shave...

the shave is very very close and fast.... and the best thing is its still on the ORIGINAL charge and its still working!!!

i thought the mach 3 was amazing...funk that this thing is faster!

i found that the tri-circular flex type of shavers dont work too well... and that new braun with the water-cleaning base looks neat! expensive, tho

Jan 10, 2004 at 11:50 AM Post #36 of 75
ls20
HI: The new Electric shavers seem to run forever. The one I have with a 1 hour charge runes for 45 minutes. At 3 minutes a shave that would be about 2 weeks before I need to charge it again.

Jan 10, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #37 of 75
Hi ya'll!

I once got me a Remington, advertised thus: "as close as a blade or your money back". It was a good shave so I didn't return it for a refund, but there's no way that was as close as a blade. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Today I use a Gillette Mach III. Now, THAT's a close shave!

Louis,

You mentioned girls. I think they are contradictory because they find an unshaven guy more manly and attractive, while complaining on how much it irritates their skin when we hug'em and kiss'em. Sorry ladies you can't have it both ways!

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Jan 17, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #39 of 75
LTUCCI1924:
When you said close shave, how close do you mean? I hate feeling the little stubs left over after shaving (like with your hands brushing over your chin). Its the most annoying thing ever because I feel like I haven't shave all at and have to do it again.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #40 of 75
I have finally narrowed it down to 2 choices.

Either the :

Braun Synchro 7680
or
Norelco Spectra 8894 XL

The reviews on both are great. And I wish I could try both. But unfortunately used electric shavers aren't as easy to resell as headphones.
biggrin.gif

So far I haven't been able to find anything that really compares the two head to head... I was hoping some of you could maybe provide some insight?

I was leaning towards the Braun. But after reading a million reviews I had to give the Norelco more thought.

Jan 17, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #41 of 75
For Christmas I recieved this, as mentioned in my other thread:

http://www.remington-products.com/us...ers/r9170.html

I like it very much, it's a million times easier than conventional shaving methods. It gives me a much closer shave than that Mach3Turbo thing, and it doesn't give me itchy burning dried out skin for 3 days after I shave! Easy to clean, no shaving cream and stuff like that, just dry shaving. Best thing that ever happened to me hygenically.

Jan 17, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #42 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
Dang, I worked through that entire giant thread and didn't find a single recommendation for a dedicated beard trimmer!
frown.gif
mad.gif

I use the Norelco T900 which apparently has been replaced with this model. Works well, runs forever and even runs corded should it run out when you need it. I've had it a couple of years now, use it weekly I guess and it still runs (and looks) as new. Think it listed around the same as the newer model, but I found it on-line for around $35...

Jan 17, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #44 of 75
I use either a Norelco Reflex Plus 6613X, or a Gillete Mach 3 Turbo. They are both very good shavers, and I have no problems with them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back