Electric Avenues PA2V2 + B&W P5
Apr 25, 2011 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Shroker

100+ Head-Fier
Hiya,
so I've been looking at some entry portable amps and the PA2V2 from Elec Av. seems to have a good value for sound and quality.
If I remember correctly the P5's impedance is about 26 ohms, however, I'm cruious as to peoples opinions in portable amps for the P5's and the PA2V2 in general for it.

Right now my budget is about $100 but looking around and maybe I can afford a little higher, depending.

-Shroker

Apr 26, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 8
The PA2V2 has worked very well with ALL (YES ALL) sub 75ohm cans I've thrown at them, just throwing that in there.

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi, Shroker. Have you considered the Mini 3? (aka Mini^3) It's a DIY amp that apparently sounds great--although this is what I've read, and not what I've heard.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 8
Thank you for the welcome.
I have not yet but I did read about it.

As I currently do not having my soldering tools I won't be able to DIY one but it does look interesting.
I have went ahead with the EA PA2V2 and can't wait for it next week.

I've been doing some reads for the past couple months and it fits my budget well and heard couple good things about them.

I talked to Gary (the builder and owner of Electric Aveneus) and said he himself has heard a few good things about the B&W P5 and the PA2V2.

Pretty excited for it and glad I have settled down with one now.
I posted up on the forum to gauge a general idea and other opinons so I appreciate your input. : )

May 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 8
yep the pa2v2 is a good entry level amp from what they say, i have had mine for a couple months and love it with all my iem's
i had a fiio e5 and couldnt tell if it even worked ,  
the pa2v2 i use with a lod from iphone and have the gain turned all the way down in pa2v2 
its totally worth it an very good amp IMOP      and i use it just about every day at work

May 23, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 8
I am also interested in this amp ,can someone please tell me if i can hook it up to my sony mp3 player? i also use sony mdr ex 1000s iem, thanyou . and also will i get a better sound than just my sony ? i really want to best sound i can get from my ex 1000s

May 23, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I am also interested in this amp ,can someone please tell me if i can hook it up to my sony mp3 player? i also use sony mdr ex 1000s iem, thanyou . and also will i get a better sound than just my sony ? i really want to best sound i can get from my ex 1000s

Gary includes an AC charger and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable so you should be able to plug it into your MP3 player as long as it has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

I have had this amp now for about a week and I love it. I use it with my computer, my mp3 player, and many other devices that could use a boost. For its value I am very satisifed with it.

It goes without saying that the sound varies from headphone to headphone but it seems to do a nice job with the soundstage.
I would recommend this amp to other people and already have with two other friends.

Gary is very friendly and his customer support is comforting and welcoming. He speaks to his customers one on one via e-mail.

May 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
yep the pa2v2 is a good entry level amp from what they say, i have had mine for a couple months and love it with all my iem's
i had a fiio e5 and couldnt tell if it even worked ,  
the pa2v2 i use with a lod from iphone and have the gain turned all the way down in pa2v2 
its totally worth it an very good amp IMOP      and i use it just about every day at work

​

I too have the gain turned all the way down for my P5s. I have been enjoying the PA2V2 very much and is worth the money. I use it with my desktop headphone jack and other things among my headphone and ipod.

A common problem with audio players are that when you increase volume, what it just does is go up in db and you lose the sound quality or overall soundstage (if it isn't already too centered to begin with). The PA2V2 has fixed that issue for me and I have really loved it. : ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back