Effect Audio cables thread
Feb 28, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #7,816 of 7,915
20240222_222648 (1).JPG

I'm sort of confused how this barrel passed QC :frowning2: it's almost 45° past correct position and the connector is loose when oriented properly. I tried contacting support but all I've got is the ConX tutorial video which changed nothing since the end result is the same. The logo is off and the cable on this side is the ultimate IEM puller, to the point the ConX unscrews itself...

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #7,817 of 7,915
Finally scaled up to the Multiverse Mentor and it is indeed everything I read about. On first listen with the stock cable I thought to myself "what a stunning in ear and amazing presentation. And it's it's BA but the bass does come real close to a well tuned DD" I swapped over to the Code 24 and all I can say is Oh My what a difference. This Code 24 takes everything and deepens, widens, opens even further this massive stage and extends. Code 24 also significantly enhances both the sub and mid bass impact. What a pairing. I did try the Ares S 8W as well, and I must admit the stock cable is better suited to the mentor - but the Code 24 takes the entire presentation to another level. Pretty much the same I found when pairing the Code 24 to the Indigo but with much greater visceral impact coming from the Mentor - despite the Indigo being a DD and Mentor BA. I'm pretty happy rifght now.

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #7,818 of 7,915
Finally scaled up to the Multiverse Mentor and it is indeed everything I read about. On first listen with the stock cable I thought to myself "what a stunning in ear and amazing presentation. And it's it's BA but the bass does come real close to a well tuned DD" I swapped over to the Code 24 and all I can say is Oh My what a difference. This Code 24 takes everything and deepens, widens, opens even further this massive stage and extends. Code 24 also significantly enhances both the sub and mid bass impact. What a pairing. I did try the Ares S 8W as well, and I must admit the stock cable is better suited to the mentor - but the Code 24 takes the entire presentation to another level. Pretty much the same I found when pairing the Code 24 to the Indigo but with much greater visceral impact coming from the Mentor - despite the Indigo being a DD and Mentor BA. I'm pretty happy rifght now.
Who told you so lol. Now I want to get a Code 24.

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #7,819 of 7,915
How is the Code 24 treble wise? I personally think the mentors bass is pretty good.

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #7,820 of 7,915
How is the Code 24 treble wise? I personally think the mentors bass is pretty good.
Yes Sir! You told me and you were right. I love the Idigos, I'm not going to miss them!
I agree the Metor Bass is very good, certainly in the sub-bass department a huge jump from the Indy, which has more of a mid bass focus but what the Code 24 does is just fatten the whole bottom end - more note weight without any muddiness, the mids come forward ever so slightly and there is just more clarity resolution up top. The stack cable is a very good pairing - Code 24 IMO is better, it's a little stiff, so not so travel friendly (I'm flying again tomorrow and I'm wrestling over which cable to bring), but it's like the Code 23 in this respect, it takes everything you love about an IEM and gives it "more".

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #7,821 of 7,915

I'm sort of confused how this barrel passed QC :frowning2: it's almost 45° past correct position and the connector is loose when oriented properly. I tried contacting support but all I've got is the ConX tutorial video which changed nothing since the end result is the same. The logo is off and the cable on this side is the ultimate IEM puller, to the point the ConX unscrews itself...

20240222_222648 (1).JPG
Hi there, we sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience. We have reached out to you again via email. Thank you!

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Mar 3, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #7,822 of 7,915
Disclaimer: This short review reflects my subjective preferences and is solely based on my product experiences. It's important to note that Effect Audio does not influence this review, although I bought the units for use at a reviewer discount. As always, I highly recommend testing the product yourself before purchasing. I want to thank @EffectAudio, especially Jordan Tan, for facilitating this and allowing me to share my thoughts on the product.

Astell & Kern Odyssey with Stock Cable:
When I first got my Odyssey, I was impressed with the stock cable. It had balanced and authoritative low-end, velvety mids, and clear highs. However, I couldn't resist trying out the Ares4W and Ares8W cables. As a typical audio enthusiast, I was curious to see what they could add to my listening experience.

tempImageyQx324.jpg

Astell&Kern Odyssey with Effect Audio Ares 4W:
The Ares4W cable did not disappoint. The Odyssey's dynamics improved significantly with this cable, providing a better overall stage presence with boosted lows. The mids were mesmerizing and soothing, with no loss of detail. It was an immersive experience that kept me hooked for hours.

tempImagefUnJpr.jpg

Astell&Kern Odyssey with Effect Audio Ares 8W:
However, I was even more impressed by the Ares8W cable. It provided an extended and punchy low-end that made me feel like I was at a live concert. The bass was mighty and powerful, yet it didn't overpower the rest of the sound. The overall sound was dynamic, clear, and impactful, with a smile on my face throughout my first session. Since then, I've been enjoying it even more.

tempImage6SyhZB.jpg

Ares 4W vs Ares 8W:
When it comes to the Ares4W vs. Ares8W, the Ares4W delivers a balanced sound with a boosted bass, while the Ares8W is like the big brother of the 4W with an even bigger low-end. If you want that mighty bass and don't mind the weight of an 8-wire cable, the Ares8W is definitely the way to go.

Conclusion:
Upgrading from the stock cable to either the Ares4W or Ares8W cables presents an opportunity to enhance your listening experience with IEMs significantly. The Ares4W offers a balanced sound with a boosted bass, while the Ares8W provides a more potent and extended low-end. Ultimately, the choice depends on personal preference, but either way, users can expect an immersive, dynamic, and engaging audio experience.

Thanks for the writeup! This is really nicely done. Great photos too! We appreciate your time and look forward to your feedback when you try more Effect Audio cables.

What would be EA's brightest cable that isnt the Chiron or Centurion?
Cadmus s 8w ?
Between those two particular cables : Chiron.

Centurion is generally brighter than Chiron, but they are good places to start.

We also recommend Cleopatra II Octa but it is not as nuanced or wide as Centurion.

China limited, but looks pretty sick :fire::
1709118666888.png
1709118679474.png
It is called EA 炎黃. Seems to be a mixture of elements similar to EA Hades.

Thanks for sharing! Always cool seeing our rarer limited edition products make it to these parts so everyone can see.

Anyone else have any limited editions? Let us know here, I'd love to see them!

In my experience, the blue Code 24 adds a bit more sparkle and makes the treble more engaging. It's not "bright" persay, just a tad more exciting.

The purple Code 24c on the other hand is more relaxing, pulling the treble back for a softer presentation.

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #7,823 of 7,915
Yes Sir! You told me and you were right. I love the Idigos, I'm not going to miss them!
I agree the Metor Bass is very good, certainly in the sub-bass department a huge jump from the Indy, which has more of a mid bass focus but what the Code 24 does is just fatten the whole bottom end - more note weight without any muddiness, the mids come forward ever so slightly and there is just more clarity resolution up top. The stack cable is a very good pairing - Code 24 IMO is better, it's a little stiff, so not so travel friendly (I'm flying again tomorrow and I'm wrestling over which cable to bring), but it's like the Code 23 in this respect, it takes everything you love about an IEM and gives it "more".

I just recently had the chance to try the Indigos for a bit from @emdeevee and also enjoyed them!

Thanks for the compliments on both the 23 and 24, we appreciate it :)

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #7,825 of 7,915
Information on our CanJam presence updated here.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #7,826 of 7,915
How does the Fir Rn6 match up with the cleopatra II octo?

Hi mate,

Cleo II Octo is a nice match for the RN6 as it's a smooth analog sounding cable that gives emphasis on low end.

Do give it a try if you're attending CanJam this weekend.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #7,827 of 7,915
Hi mate,

Cleo II Octo is a nice match for the RN6 as it's a smooth analog sounding cable that gives emphasis on low end.

Do give it a try if you're attending CanJam this weekend.
Thanks, I decided to pick up one from Music Teck, this way I can try it out next week. Wish I could be there, tried to see if it was doable but I fly out to Germany Sunday from Logan. I’ll wait for the Copper XL tour or whenever the demo for that one is free since it sounds like a good match up with a few of my IEMs also. Thanks

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #7,828 of 7,915
Thanks, I decided to pick up one from Music Teck, this way I can try it out next week. Wish I could be there, tried to see if it was doable but I fly out to Germany Sunday from Logan. I’ll wait for the Copper XL tour or whenever the demo for that one is free since it sounds like a good match up with a few of my IEMs also. Thanks

Yep! Sorry to hear the show didn't work out. Enjoy Germany! I'll be doing France in June myself.

Yes, we will be beginning a Copper XL tour again for the states soon as well!

Thanks for the purchase!

Best,

-Seb

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #7,830 of 7,915
Yep! Sorry to hear the show didn't work out. Enjoy Germany! I'll be doing France in June myself.

Yes, we will be beginning a Copper XL tour again for the states soon as well!

Thanks for the purchase!

Best,

-Seb
Thanks, I’d rather be at the show. My wife and daughter are looking at a few horses. And I’ll visit some relatives. Enjoy France in June, that’s my favorite month to visit France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back