CanJam NYC 2024 (March 9-10, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #631 of 726
Awesome. Have fun. Try not to get overwhelmed. Just stay focused on what you really want to hear and be happy with it when you are done because there is no possible way to hear everything.

This was helpful, thanks. I was stressing a bit, but there just won't be time for everything. It's probably hard to learn anything conclusive from a quick audition in a setting like Canjam anyway(I've only been to one other, much smaller headphone convention), especially when you consider how our opinions on gear can shift a bit over time. So I'm just going to fugeddaboudit and have fun! Also, I should probably find something my girlfriend likes to do while we are there, since she's being such a good sport about it(and she bought the Canjam tickets anyway).

It's almost go time, ladies and gentleman
994c28d2cbb16a141c936fc64cb87f3d_w200.gif

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #632 of 726
This was helpful, thanks. I was stressing a bit, but there just won't be time for everything. It's probably hard to learn anything conclusive from a quick audition in a setting like Canjam anyway(I've only been to one other, much smaller headphone convention), especially when you consider how our opinions on gear can shift a bit over time. So I'm just going to fugeddaboudit and have fun! Also, I should probably find something my girlfriend likes to do while we are there, since she's being such a good sport about it(and she bought the Canjam tickets anyway).

It's almost go time, ladies and gentleman
Well, you are lucky. I keep asking my wife to come with me to a CanJam and to her hanging out with a bunch of audio geeks is like kryptonite. So, if I want a night out on the town with the buddies I just tell her I am going over to see some friends to listen to some audio gear would she like to come? She always opts out. Free night on the town. Haha. Anyway, if there was a CanJam in Dubai, she would have come. Now, I am trying to get her to go to Hong Kong if that ever happens.

Actually, I should get a clue because my wife is a general in the BTS Army. The ratio of females to men is much more favorable at a BTS concert. I would do it if I could make it through more than one Kpop song in a row.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #633 of 726
It's probably hard to learn anything conclusive from a quick audition in a setting like Canjam anyway(I've only been to one other, much smaller headphone convention), especially when you consider how our opinions on gear can shift a bit over time. So I'm just going to fugeddaboudit and have fun!

That's the spirit! 🥳

Also, while it's not easy to do fine comparisons, CanJams are extremely useful for ruling out what we don't like. It doesn't take a perfect audition to discover just how any given piece of gear isn't our cup of tea. And sometimes, that alone saves us a bunch of time and money vs blind buying.

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #634 of 726
Hey all! We're so excited to join in at CanJam NY this year! Especially after we were snowed in in Portland last year :sweat_smile: (no snow in the forecast this year!).

We're going to have our full line-up of current offerings and our brand-new release, Fathom. Myself, Ken, and Caleb will all be in attendance and hope you'll come by the booth to test some stuff out or even just say hi and chat!

We're showing:
  • Fathom
  • BlackStar
  • Trifecta Spectral Collection
  • Bonneville
  • Supermoon
  • Cascara
  • Ponderosa
  • Andromeda Emerald Sea
  • Solaris Stellar Horizon
This is a huge range of sound signatures, styles, and form factors, so there's sure to be something for everyone!

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 6, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #635 of 726
Hey guys,

Make sure to check the new Audio-Technica ATH-AWGK Kurogaki, formally released today.

I’ve had the rare privilege of having them on hand for a little while and enjoyed getting to know them. I’ll try to stop organized impressions some time soon.

Fitted with ZMF Universe Hybrid Solid pads (original AT pads also available), these headphones provide very good resolution witjin a wonderfully warm presentation, with gorgeous mids and textured mid bass.

Try to demo these in INYC, as it’s a limited run (rare black persimmon wood) and they there likely won’t be too many of those around much longer.

IMG_9032.jpeg

IMG_9033.jpeg

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #636 of 726
Now that the info embargo has been lifted, I can finally talk about a new headphone that I just got that I absolutely adore. It is the Audio Technica ATH-AWKG. It will be the featured headphone in their private demo room with its companion amp the Narukami. If anyone wants to hear it, I will have it with me in NYC. It is a very sensitive headphone and is driven phenomenally well with a DAP. It comes with a pair of ZMF pads (The Eyal mod) which makes the headphone devine with rich bass. Right now, my favorite pairings are with the N30LE DAP and with a Glenn EL3N tube amp. The headphone has a warm tonality with very pleasant tuning. I can't wait to hear it with the Narukami.

Image_20240306_083602.jpeg

Narukami headphone AMP.

https://sea.audio-technica.com/narukami

Here is a video from their Asia release

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #637 of 726
Hi everyone,

Very excited to see you all. I will be with @EffectAudio this show for the majority of weekend unless I'm wandering around doing my own listening time.

Effect Audio & Elysian Acoustics:

1) 1 X Centurion
2) 1 x Chiron 8W
3) 1 X Chiron 4W
4) 1 X Cleopatra II 4W
5) 1 X Cleopatra II Octa
6) 2 X Annihilator 2023 with Stock Martini Cable
7) 1 X Diva 2023 with Ares S
8) 2 X Ares S (1 for Diva 2023 and 1 for Pilgrim)
1) 1 X Fusion 1
2) 1 X Eros S
3) 1 X Ares S 4W

FatFreq:

We will have our full lineup at the show including our more pro focused IEMs like Sakura and Hayabusa.

I encourage you all to listen to the Scarlet Mini and Grand Maestro if you have not yet.

PLUSSOUND:

We will be doing a booth share with FatFreq. The main cables we will have out are:

Copper+
Silver+
Hybrid+
SPC XL
Copper XL
QuadCopper
Various cases and bags from our accessory line.

We will have duplicates of most available to roll while the first batch is to remain locked on FatFreq's IEMs (please do not ask the team to roll those ones).

Allegro will be available to listen to by request if you find me and at FatFreq's booth, also by special request.

If you find me at the show:

I will always have my camera on me and will be taking portraits of my freinds and the people of meet. If you do not want to have your photo taken, please notify beforehand. I will be covering the general event as well for Effect Audio's and Elysian's social media channels.

Thank you! Have a wonderful time and I look forward to seeing you!

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #639 of 726
Well, you are lucky. I keep asking my wife to come with me to a CanJam and to her hanging out with a bunch of audio geeks is like kryptonite. So, if I want a night out on the town with the buddies I just tell her I am going over to see some friends to listen to some audio gear would she like to come? She always opts out. Free night on the town. Haha. Anyway, if there was a CanJam in Dubai, she would have come. Now, I am trying to get her to go to Hong Kong if that ever happens.

Actually, I should get a clue because my wife is a general in the BTS Army. The ratio of females to men is much more favorable at a BTS concert. I would do it if I could make it through more than one Kpop song in a row.

To date, the tickets I bought for my daughters are the most I have ever spent on concert tickets. And I had a hook-up at Livenation.

I couldn't believe how much the scalpers were selling equivalent tickets for.

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #640 of 726
Hey guys,

Make sure to check the new Audio-Technica ATH-AWGK Kurogaki, formally released today.

I’ve had the rare privilege of having them on hand for a little while and enjoyed getting to know them. I’ll try to stop organized impressions some time soon.

Fitted with ZMF Universe Hybrid Solid pads (original AT pads also available), these headphones provide very good resolution witjin a wonderfully warm presentation, with gorgeous mids and textured mid bass.

Try to demo these in INYC, as it’s a limited run (rare black persimmon wood) and they there likely won’t be too many of those around much longer.

IMG_9032.jpeg

IMG_9033.jpeg
This is high on my list to demo - the fact that you like it bodes well! Beautiful headphone.

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #641 of 726
Hey guys,

This one is high up on my list to try, thanks to you and Hawaii for the pics!

I drove through NYC once and that was enough. Never again. When I do drive north on the turnpike I can tell when I'm close. Other drivers become super aggressive, cutting you off, no turn signals ever. You can tell the city dweller cars with the rubber bumper guards and usually all dented up. They don't give a damn if they bang into you so I avoid as much as I can. I turn west and go way around the metro area. I don't even cross the Hudson till up at Newburgh.

Update: I found a video pretty much describing the type of drivers I notice closer to the cities:

It's like Mario Cart up there sometimes!

Jersey plates, you have some splainin' to do! :wink:

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #642 of 726
Ok, thanks! Is the app needed or can I get a ticket for the transit after I get off the plane?

Yes, each NJ Transit rail station does have kiosks to get a physical ticket and it'll take a credit card.

And last time I was in the airport terminal there were ticket machines on your way to the tram in Terminal C (landslide in United terminal). As @G8torbyte said, there are machines in the train station itself. All very easy. The app also provides the train schedules.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #643 of 726
Mar 6, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #644 of 726
If this is your first CanJam, don't forget to check out @AxelCloris's 8 Top Tips From a CanJam Veteran!

Tip #8 is particularly helpful, especially if you're going to be in this hobby for a while. And if you don't know anybody there, don't worry, just say hello to me when you see me! :relaxed: Then you'll know at least one person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back