Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 28, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #7,756 of 7,968
Thanks everyone for the discussion and especially, the love around the 24+24c recently!

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #7,757 of 7,968
Jan 28, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #7,758 of 7,968
Nice to see the OG Vega again BTW!

Have you tried the Bonneville? They pair so well with EA cables so much better than the stock cables that actually hurts Campfire's potential sales from how they make their hybrid IEMs sound disjointed and incoherent. I found my current Audio Nirvana for Bonneville and have a fellow head-fier discovered a cool experience of actually experiencing what a synergy an Effect Audio cable makes with Campfire Audio IEMs :)

Yeah, I think that both the Andro & Vega OGs are still great sounding models these days. Many times over the past years I wondered if I should list them in the classifieds, like I did with multiple other (c)iems. But every time when I put them in my ears, I always realised that they bring something special to the table and I always decided to keep them in the end.

I haven't tried the Bonneville (yet), but I noticed that it got quite some positive recommendations in the new official CA chat thread :thinking:
Later this week (when I have more time) I will probably join there with a post about my own Andro / Vega / Supermoon impressions.

Btw, the reason that I picked the Supermoon was that I really wanted something new for my iem collection. I still didn't have any model with BCD, EST or Planar technology inside. Now, I'm more a bass head than a treble head myself, and I can also really enjoy a wide / holographic soundstage with good imaging. So I checked a lot of reviews (part of the fun imho :sweat_smile:) and ended up choosing the Mext & SM. And yes, I completely agree (by experience) that EA cables can deliver fantastic synergy with these CA iems!

Great looking combo you've got over there!!! I'm sure it also sounds pretty awesome as well! :)

Thanks everyone for the discussion and especially, the love around the 24+24c recently!
You're welcome! But hey, I think these cables are very easy to fall in love with... :smile:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #7,759 of 7,968
Nice to see the OG Vega again BTW!

Have you tried the Bonneville? They pair so well with EA cables so much better than the stock cables that actually hurts Campfire's potential sales from how they make their hybrid IEMs sound disjointed and incoherent. I found my current Audio Nirvana for Bonneville and have a fellow head-fier discovered a cool experience of actually experiencing what a synergy an Effect Audio cable makes with Campfire Audio IEMs :)

IMG_9154.JPG
What “available” cable would you recommend for the Bonneville under 1k? Doesn’t seem like you can buy Thor anymore

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #7,760 of 7,968
Would anyone help me and advise me how can I get a repair service over a Cleo (1) defected left channel iem side.
Oh and I’m from Portugal.
Thanks
Hey! Just had the exact same issue. Sound cutting on the left channel on a Cleo II - 1 email using the support form on the EA site and the arrangements were made. They are very good, very fast and very customer focused. It was no hassle at all - aside from printing the label and saying good-bye to my cable for a couple of weeks.

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #7,761 of 7,968
What “available” cable would you recommend for the Bonneville under 1k? Doesn’t seem like you can buy Thor anymore

I have tried the Fusion 1 with the Andromeda back at SoCal CanJam 2023 and I didn’t think it helped make Andromeda’s BA bass tighter but I can’t predict how it’s gonna behave with the DD driver from the Bonneville. Worth a try to go to NYC CanJam to test the Fusion 1 with Bonneville

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #7,762 of 7,968
Hey! Just had the exact same issue. Sound cutting on the left channel on a Cleo II - 1 email using the support form on the EA site and the arrangements were made. They are very good, very fast and very customer focused. It was no hassle at all - aside from printing the label and saying good-bye to my cable for a couple of weeks.
Thank you very much!

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #7,763 of 7,968
Thank you very much!

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #7,766 of 7,968
Contacted EA. May need my Cleo II Octa reterminated to 2.5mm. Curious how much it will cost plus shipping round trip.
I'm planning to change because I may trade to an SP2000 which I'm demoing now but it doesn't have a 4.4mm output and based on my test using an adapter degraded the quality very slightly. Pentaconn OFC > TermX , SP2000 2.5mm>PW Audio 1960's 2.5+3.5 to 4.4 adapter.

EA replied
$100 +$20 return shipping for 4.4mm to 2.5mm. At
$50 to reterminate ConX. Has anyone changed their ConX to nom ConX or vice versa? Any difference in sound quality?

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #7,767 of 7,968
Con-X is imho pretty transparent and shouldn’t affect the sound while TermX vs Non term X is quite noticeable. Great choice for DAP! SP2000 is still a match made in heaven for Campfire IEms

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #7,768 of 7,968
I'm planning to change because I may trade to an SP2000 which I'm demoing now but it doesn't have a 4.4mm output and based on my test using an adapter degraded the quality very slightly. Pentaconn OFC > TermX , SP2000 2.5mm>PW Audio 1960's 2.5+3.5 to 4.4 adapter.

EA replied
$100 +$20 return shipping for 4.4mm to 2.5mm. At
$50 to reterminate ConX. Has anyone changed their ConX to nom ConX or vice versa? Any difference in sound quality?
Yes; I've done it. I believe that is the reason why they published your findings on Facebook; I've talked to them about it. Of course regular 2pin sounds better. I completely disagree with people who say conx doesn't degrade quality. It degrades it; duh. Avoid all adapters except if you need to use em; obviously on an SP2K if you have a 4.4 use an adapter but keep your cables Pentaconn / 2pin / mmcx

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #7,769 of 7,968
Yes; I've done it. I believe that is the reason why they published your findings on Facebook; I've talked to them about it. Of course regular 2pin sounds better. I completely disagree with people who say conx doesn't degrade quality. It degrades it; duh. Avoid all adapters except if you need to use em; obviously on an SP2K if you have a 4.4 use an adapter but keep your cables Pentaconn / 2pin / mmcx

I wouldn't think Suyang would default the Centurion cable with ConX if it degrades it. I don't have much data with Centurion owners, but I haven't seen one that's not ConX terminated on the IEM side.

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #7,770 of 7,968
I wouldn't think Suyang would default the Centurion cable with ConX if it degrades it. I don't have much data with Centurion owners, but I haven't seen one that's not ConX terminated on the IEM side.
Well you’re talking to a guy who scrapped conx on his own centurion for a 2pin so I’m telling you

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back