Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 25, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #7,531 of 7,966
What is the difference between the standard Cadmus 8W and the Z reviews version?
Zeos' version comes with TermX installed, basic ConX set, and has purple hardware.

All for $30 more than regular Cadmus 8W's price. $43 more during HiFiGo's BF/CM sale.

https://hifigo.com/collections/effect-audio/products/z-review-effect-audio-earphone-cable

https://hifigo.com/collections/effect-audio/products/effect-audio-cadmus-8w

ConX basic set is normally $40. I'm not sure how much Effect Audio charges to have TermX installed on Cadmus 8W.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #7,532 of 7,966
Hey guys, my review of the venerable Fusion 1 and Code 23 is online here. Enjoy!

CodeFusion_11.jpg

Thanks again to @JordonEA for the opportunity.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #7,533 of 7,966
Hey guys, my review of the venerable Fusion 1 and Code 23 is online here. Enjoy!

CodeFusion_11.jpg

Great review Guy! Code 23 and Xe6 is a match made in furry heaven!

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #7,534 of 7,966

CodeFusion_11.jpg

Another great review, Guy! Great insight to a cable I own (Code 23) and agree on especially with Xe6. I also agree that there's a resemblance to the Rn6 stock, not just visually, but audibly also worth Xe6, to my ears. Crazy different materials yielding very similar sound.

What did you think of Code 51? Does it still stack up with these new guys?

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #7,535 of 7,966
Great review Guy! Code 23 and Xe6 is a match made in furry heaven!
Another great review, Guy! Great insight to a cable I own (Code 23) and agree on especially with Xe6. I also agree that there's a resemblance to the Rn6 stock, not just visually, but audibly also worth Xe6, to my ears. Crazy different materials yielding very similar sound.

What did you think of Code 51? Does it still stack up with these new guys?
Thanks guys, yes Code 23 is special with Xe6. It shouldn't be on paper and yet it is. Just goes to show how important synergy is with different IEMs. @emdeevee I haven't actually heard Code 51 so can't say.

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #7,536 of 7,966

Thank you for the thorough comparison.

I'm a bit disappointed as I ordered Fusion 1 (wasn't shipped yet) for Fatfreq MSE to replace my broken Code 23. The latter magically paired with Maestros and delivered a sweet, deep bass that you could feel in your chest. I was hoping Fusion 1 would have similar bass and stage improvements but with more details. My other EA cable, Eros S (1st ann. edition), also doesn't satisfy my needs, it's clearly a step down from Code 23. I'm now contemplating whether I should cancel my order 🙂

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #7,537 of 7,966
It seems I can share pics!! Here is a decent one of the upcoming limited edition cable. Thanks @Click for letting me know.
Looks superb. Not going to burn it anytime soon but it will be interesting pairing it with the EJ07M and Fibae 5.
It seems the whole cable can't be shown as of now.. 😅

20231128_191144.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #7,538 of 7,966
Hidizs MP145 + Effect Audio Cadmus 8W an excellent synergy!!!

mp145.jpg

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #7,539 of 7,966
It seems I can share pics!! Here is a decent one of the upcoming limited edition cable. Thanks @Click for letting me know.
Looks superb. Not going to burn it anytime soon but it will be interesting pairing it with the EJ07M and Fibae 5.

It’s quite the looker in person. Probably one of my favorite cables from Effect Audio.

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #7,540 of 7,966
All the special editions of the A.C.E cables, mainly Ares S and Cadmus (i.e. Founders Edition), are incredibly... super good.
Sound wise and... aesthetically wise :beerchug:

So this hybrid version too (aesthetically : what a stunner ; sound : we'll see but I am not worried :ksc75smile:)

Period.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #7,541 of 7,966
Good evening guys. Today arrive to me Effect audio Cadmus 8W. I already have ARES 8W and Eros S 1st Anniversary. And i must say, this is my favorite brand from cables manufactured. I like versatility of this cables and i can use it for any IEMs in my collection. Compare how each used material in the cable affect to IEM sound.

I must here thanks Effect audio for support, fast respond and for perfect service. Till now i use HifiGo, but from now directly Effect audio. Thanks. :wink:

In future i will try some top cable from this company. Chiron or Centurion.

Here is package
20231108_171011.jpg

And Cadmus i use mainly with Gaea. One of my best IEM what i have. Cadmus help with detail and high freq, what are very precise but not sharp. Bass are still very deep rumbly. For me this is best combination. Soundstage are not that wide like EE Odin, but for this price its amazing. :wink:
20231108_183848.jpg
That wallpaper :wink:

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #7,542 of 7,966
Thank you for the thorough comparison.

I'm a bit disappointed as I ordered Fusion 1 (wasn't shipped yet) for Fatfreq MSE to replace my broken Code 23. The latter magically paired with Maestros and delivered a sweet, deep bass that you could feel in your chest. I was hoping Fusion 1 would have similar bass and stage improvements but with more details. My other EA cable, Eros S (1st ann. edition), also doesn't satisfy my needs, it's clearly a step down from Code 23. I'm now contemplating whether I should cancel my order 🙂
Ohh, you will not get as thick notes with Fusion 1 but the stage is bigger and the bass is similarly punchy but a bit faster.
Fusion 1 tops the Code 23 is technicalities and sonics too. It's a bit more detailed with better finishing definition.
While the code 23 is a bit inconsistent in the upper mid lower treble region where the Fusion 1 is more evenly energized and consistent.

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #7,544 of 7,966
It seems the whole cable can't be shown as of now.. 😅

I'm not sure I understood correctly.
Is it a single (or so) bespoke cable, or a future "standard" model to come ? :beerchug:

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #7,545 of 7,966
I'm not sure I understood correctly.
Is it a single (or so) bespoke cable, or a future "standard" model to come ? :beerchug:
For now, I believe it’s a limited version cable specifically for the upcoming holiday month.

It’s a hybrid much like the Eros S and Eros 1st anniversary special edition cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back