Effect Audio cables thread
Sep 2, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #7,366 of 8,006
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I’m not sure on the science behind it… but my 4 month old Silver Premium Cable from 64 Audio is already changing colour (oxidisation or something else?).

My question is: do the silver cables from Effect Audio suffer from this as well over time?

So no matter the cost, it’ll always happen to cables of this colour due to oxidisation?
If the cable is a Litz cable, it won’t turn green (unless it’s been damaged or was poorly-built). Litz cables have an enamel coating that prevents oxidation. I’m fairly sure all of EA’s current cables are Litz. It’s always listed on the wire’s specs if you wanna check yourself.

Sep 2, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #7,367 of 8,006
If the cable is a Litz cable, it won’t turn green (unless it’s been damaged or was poorly-built). Litz cables have an enamel coating that prevents oxidation. I’m fairly sure all of EA’s current cables are Litz. It’s always listed on the wire’s specs if you wanna check yourself.
This is so helpful thank you!! (Although now you’ve given me the confidence to buy another Effect Audio cable…. my wife will not thank you for that 😜).

Sep 2, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #7,368 of 8,006
Crossed post with Penon thread

Well... when I write little here it is because I am enjoying the music.

photo_2023-09-02_23-53-36.jpg

I've had the EA Fusion 1 with the Impact for about 10 days, and everything is perfection. If Code 23 had left me completely satisfied where I wanted, Fusion 1 has taken me to levels that I didn't know I wanted. Is it a drastic change? No, they are small details, but it is perfection in everything. Everything sounds clear, with good separation, good soundstage... I can't find any flaws in the tone or any note or frequency range that goes out of place. The problem is that after months exclusively with the Impact as IEM, I now put on any other, and since there are many instruments involved, they sound dirty to me, compared to the Impact with the Fusion 1. Is it worth the investment? probably not. The return on investment curve is increasingly vertical, for small improvements you have to invest much more. For me it has been worth it, although now I have run out of funds for other interesting IEMs. The Impact now is like going to dinner at the best restaurant in the city dressed in a tailcoat, but maybe sometimes I'd like to eat a hamburger dressed in sports clothes.

Sep 2, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #7,369 of 8,006
This is so helpful thank you!! (Although now you’ve given me the confidence to buy another Effect Audio cable…. my wife will not thank you for that 😜).

I would highly suggest Eros S or Eros S 1 anv version, they both have colored (grey and black) sleves. 100% anti-oxidation color. And they sounded really good with reasonable budget.

Sep 5, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #7,371 of 8,006
My Jomo Trinity becomes another level when it is matched with Hades II. I really enjoy it. The whole sound stage is wider than before and it come with more energy now.

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #7,372 of 8,006
My Jomo Trinity becomes another level when it is matched with Hades II. I really enjoy it. The whole sound stage is wider than before and it come with more energy now.
they look great together too!

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #7,373 of 8,006
Effect Audio recently sent me the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition and I thought I would share some impressions here (and a few subpar pictures), as I greatly enjoy this cable. (I had the Eros S prototype over before and really liked it, so that did not come as a surprise.)

The Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition is, as I understand it, essentially the same cable as the standard version and so you can read these impressions as being the same for the regular Eros S cable. The looks of the regular version and the 1st Anniversary Edition are however very different. The 1st Anniversary Edition immediately struck me as a thicker cable due to the new classy black sleeve with golden specks. I couldn't compare directly, but Effect Audio confirmed that this is indeed the case. That does make it a fairly bulky cable, but still perfectly acceptable for me (something I will admit was unfortunately not the case with Code 23). Aside from the slight increase in thickness, the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition is a very fancy looking cable with all black parts and sleeve, and a subtle bit of sparkle from the gold specks. It is very nicely done.

Phantom.JPG

Whichever version you prefer, it is all about the sound, so let's dig in with a number of pairings I tried out.

Final A8000
This is a very interesting pairing, especially for those who like the A8000's natural brightness. Paired with Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition the A8000 stay close to their stock signature with a bright sound that is now slightly warmer and smoother. It is not a huge difference, but enough to make the notes flow more organically. The bass is a bit warmer and lusher, the mids are a hint more natural and the treble is very similar with a hint of smoothness to make the A8000 more forgiving. It is not a 'night and day' difference, which is why this pairing is so interesting for people who enjoy the stock sound of the A8000.

The really big surprise however is just how insanely wide and airy the stage becomes. I don't think I have ever heard anything like it. It is absolutely huge and properly "out of the head" with a ton of air, while all the time maintaining coherence. The stock cable feels like a wall of sound by comparison.

So far, I always used the DITA Oslo cable with the A8000 and that cable is certainly good at adding to the stage, but nothing like the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition. I also find the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition more forgiving than the Oslo. Pairing with the Oslo adds more warmth to the A8000 and generally makes them sound more organic, but there is a bit of a surprise there. Thanks to that warmth the treble becomes sweeter and yet at the same time it has a certain sharpness to it that is not present with the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition. There the treble is cooler, yet smooth, which is a great indication that warmth does not always result in smoothness. I also find that the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition results in better overall clarity than the Oslo.

I have to admit that for me this doesn't yet feel like the perfect pairing with the A8000. I would personally like a bit more smoothness still and my guess is that the Chiron might fit better in that regard. However, for those who like the stock sound of the A8000 and would like to improve that the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition might well be a superb pairing.

Vision Ears VE7
The VE7 have been a huge surprise for me ever since I first heard them. The clarity of these is insanely good and the tonality is very accurate. Naturally, I am therefore quite critical when it comes to aftermarket cable pairings because I wouldn't want that clarity to be harmed, it is that good. Happily, I can say that the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition pairs superbly with the VE7. As with the A8000, the pairing stays close to the stock sound of the VE7. The bass is again a little bit lusher, but still very well positioned. The mids are a touch smoother and still as good as ever, while the treble also becomes just that hint smoother.

Just as with the A8000 the stage expands particularly far and even starts to push to the limit of where I might say that it is too large. Go figure! I never thought I would say that when it comes to stage dimensions. The clarity rescues this because you do not lose touch with the music. Still, if you like intimacy, you might do well to look elsewhere. If you are after some serious stage dimensions and a ton of air, the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition has you covered.

Overall, the sound is just gorgeous and feels very dynamic. It is something I can listen to all day. The only reason the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition did not end up permanently glued to the VE7 is that I instead prefer the much more expensive Eletech Plato. That, and there is one pairing I particularly love with the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition, which I will get to in a minute.

Empire Ears Phantom
While gathering impressions of the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition, my dearly beloved Phantom had to be included for a very particular reason: One of my all-time favourite cables for the Phantom is the venerable Eros II 8-wire. In fact, the Eros II 8-wire is one of my all-time favourite cables full-stop. That is also the reason why the bar is set very high for any cable that uses the "Eros" name, as far as I am concerned. So how does the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition compare?

Eros II.JPG
(You can see from the wear of the EA logo how much I have used the Eros II 8w.)

The Phantom come stock with the iconic Ares II and have a somewhat intimate, warm, lush and organic presentation. That is why I have always loved the Phantom; they are the IEM equivalent of a comfort blanket. They can however sound a bit veiled and benefit from an aftermarket cable that helps lift that veil and add some air for the music to breath. The Eros II 8-wire does a perfect job with that, expanding the stage, lifting the veil and improving transparency. I can now say that the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition is worthy of the "Eros" name because it does that and then some. The stage is pushed considerably further and transparency gets a noticeable boost. To me it feels like the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition reveals more of what the Phantom are capable of, but what is otherwise hidden behind the veil. Most importantly, it does this without changing the Phantom's natural "comfort blanket" feel. They are still as indulgent to listen to as ever.

Indeed, I think that while the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition will pair well with many IEMs thanks to a characteristic that doesn't impose any colour on the IEMs it is paired to (something the Eros II did very well too, btw), it might pair especially well with warmer IEMs. This brings me to my favourite pairing...

U18s.JPG

64 Audio U18s
I have always liked the U18s because of their versatile and easy-going sound. They do everything well and yet never seem to excel at anything either, despite their TOTL status. I tried a number of different pairings and never quite found one that felt right. That is, until I tried Eros S. That was the original prototype I borrowed from a friend of mine. Although I also had the prototypes for Ares S and Cadmus at the time, after trying out all three I never listened to the U18s with any cable other than Eros S. Sadly, I had to return my friend's cable and once I received the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition, I immediately paired it with the U18s.

The characteristics I have described before come back with the U18s in a way that synergises particularly well. The U18s can handle the expansion of the stage really well. It is huge and airy, yet still capable of conveying intimacy with the greatest of ease. The U18s don't really have a veil, yet just like with the Phantom, the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition feels like it reveals more of the qualities that the U18s have to offer and that is considerable. Transparency is greatly improved and the U18s feel more technically proficient.

The U18s can with some pairings have a hint of brightness that I do not like, but not with the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition. Buttery smooth and super enjoyable. Comfort blanket qualities with outstanding technical performance. This pairing is the first I have come across capable of besting my Phantom Eros II 8-wire pairing, for my personal preferences. That is probably the biggest compliment I can give any pairing. This pairing fully immerses me in the music, never leaving me wanting something more or different. This is a true 'desert island' pairing, as far as I am concerned.

Conclusions
Overall, the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition is a very versatile cable that will probably pair well with most IEMs. It is very good at letting IEMs show off more of what they are capable of with improved clarity and transparency, without adding noticeable colour. It also expands the stage incredibly far and adds a ton of air, while at the same time adding a subtle touch of smoothness. The special updated looks are great for those who want a bit more sparkle over the regular Eros S and the ergonomics are still good, despite the slightly thicker sleeve. A wonderful cable at a very decent price.

Sep 8, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #7,374 of 8,006

Would really like to share this combination that pairs really well with Elysian Annihilator with Fusion 1. As previously posted the Gold color tone combination. We now have the Gun metal titanium themed Fusion 1 Paired with Titanium Faceplate Annihilator.

Shoutout to Audiostage for credit.
I was thinking about that the other day... EA must release a "silver" or "Black" dominant colour for this cable.

I need this cable...what a freaking looking cable 🤩.

Sep 8, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #7,375 of 8,006
Hello, there.

New to the forum, new to the thread.

I have a couple new cables, the Code 23 and the Cadmus FE.

I'm not an expert reviewer, so my explanations will be to the best of my ability. But, if anyone has any questions about these two cables individually, or how they compare to each other, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige

Attachments

• IMG-1166.jpg
    IMG-1166.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-1172.PNG
    IMG-1172.PNG
    8.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-1173 (1).PNG
    IMG-1173 (1).PNG
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 9, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #7,376 of 8,006
I was thinking about that the other day... EA must release a "silver" or "Black" dominant colour for this cable.

I need this cable...what a freaking looking cable 🤩.

beware the silver version (Titanium) shells, if I remembered correctly it is a extremely rare edition onlu obtainable by bundle with Titanium Elysian Annihilator. That is limited to around 10-20 pieces. Correct me if I am wrong.

But if the popularity increase and sold out in a heart beat, I bet EA would do something. Wink ;p

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #7,377 of 8,006
Hi all,

I wanted to share my EA Fusion 1 classifieds posting: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/effect-audio-fusion-1.54018/

Purchased directly from Effect Audio and used for less than 15 minutes :)

I purchased it to pair with my Annihilator 23, but ultimately ended up preferring the vocal presentation/synergy with the stock LL Martini cable, even though the Fusion 1 was technically superior.

Sep 11, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #7,378 of 8,006
Effect Audio: Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition – thoughts & impressions

I was sent the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition for me to try out and give some impressions. I was expecting the cable to arrive in a clear plastic pouch like review samples usually do, but on this occasion, I received a brand-new unit in a sealed box. So not only do I get to test the cable, but I also get to experience the full unboxing too.

I posted pictures of the unboxing earlier that you can see here: Unboxing

I would add at this point that this cable is still the property of Effect Audio and I will be posting it on to the next person in due course.

The Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition is a 26 AWG 8 Wire cable. It is a hybrid of UP-OCC Pure Sliver Litz and Pure Copper Litz wires. It is rather visually appealing, and I suspect it was designed to be that way, with the cable wrapped in a soft black coloured Ultra Flexi Insulation adorned with gold flecks. It is quite supple and very easy to manage when in use. As an added extra it also comes with ConX which is of course useful if you have a few IEMs with different connectors.

I’ve been doing some listening with the 64 Audio Trio. The source I have been using is the SP3000 using Tidal hi-res and MQA. The ear tips I use with the Trio are Symbio F.

Bass

A bit more laid back than what I normally expect from the Trio. Mid bass still has some impact, but it feels like a smoother version of the usual harder hitting bass. This is not unpleasant though and it feels like the mid bass has been given some extra control. When testing sub bass with some drum & bass music I’m getting a bit less of the deep rumble than I would like to have but it is still delivering. It seems that the Eros S has a bit more focus on the mid bass area though. I found this to be good for certain music such as 90’s hip-hop and EDM. I’m also a bit partial to the classical music of Rondo Veneziano and the Eros S’ bass works well with this especially with percussion and bass guitars.

Mids

The mids on the Trio can sometimes seem to take a slight back seat when compared to the bass and highs. The mids on this IEM though are actually quite detailed and it has a lot of precision in its execution of these middle frequencies. It feels like the Eros S brings a warmer aspect to the middle section and the presentation feels overall smoother. Detail still comes through and vocals and have a sense of air around them. Although the Trio’s soundstage is not the widest, instruments remain well separated on the stage and there is a good sense of layering in the music. I would say that Eros S generally brings a smooth warm aspect to this whole sound. To my ears then it seems like lows, mids and highs are working well together, and this cable allows every section to gel.

Highs

The Trio is known for having some sparkly highs. It takes after its older sibling the Forte, albeit I feel the Trio is a little more controlled. To keep those highs in check I like to use a cable with a bit of warmth to it. Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition does a good job here. It allows the highs to breath and reach out, but there remains that overall warm smoothness to the sound. I find here that there are no sharp peaks or sibilance to be concerned about. This is just right for my own listening preferences.

Final thoughts

With the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition, I am finding that the bass, mids and highs are working well together on the Trio. The cable doesn’t sacrifice any detail or clarity, and it brings an overall warmth and smoothness to the whole presentation of the music. Listening to music with this set up is enjoyable and fatigue free. With its black and gold fleck finish it’s also a bit of eye candy too.

Trio & Eros S.jpg
Eros S.jpg
Box Eros S.jpg

Sep 11, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #7,379 of 8,006

I was sent the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition for me to try out and give some impressions. I was expecting the cable to arrive in a clear plastic pouch like review samples usually do, but on this occasion, I received a brand-new unit in a sealed box. So not only do I get to test the cable, but I also get to experience the full unboxing too.

I would add at this point that this cable is still the property of Effect Audio and I will be posting it on to the next person in due course.

The Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition is a 26 AWG 8 Wire cable. It is a hybrid of UP-OCC Pure Sliver Litz and Pure Copper Litz wires. It is rather visually appealing, and I suspect it was designed to be that way, with the cable wrapped in a soft black coloured Ultra Flexi Insulation adorned with gold flecks. It is quite supple and very easy to manage when in use. As an added extra it also comes with ConX which is of course useful if you have a few IEMs with different connectors.

I’ve been doing some listening with the 64 Audio Trio. The source I have been using is the SP3000 using Tidal hi-res and MQA. The ear tips I use with the Trio are Symbio F.

Bass

A bit more laid back than what I normally expect from the Trio. Mid bass still has some impact, but it feels like a smoother version of the usual harder hitting bass. This is not unpleasant though and it feels like the mid bass has been given some extra control. When testing sub bass with some drum & bass music I’m getting a bit less of the deep rumble than I would like to have but it is still delivering. It seems that the Eros S has a bit more focus on the mid bass area though. I found this to be good for certain music such as 90’s hip-hop and EDM. I’m also a bit partial to the classical music of Rondo Veneziano and the Eros S’ bass works well with this especially with percussion and bass guitars.

Mids

The mids on the Trio can sometimes seem to take a slight back seat when compared to the bass and highs. The mids on this IEM though are actually quite detailed and it has a lot of precision in its execution of these middle frequencies. It feels like the Eros S brings a warmer aspect to the middle section and the presentation feels overall smoother. Detail still comes through and vocals and have a sense of air around them. Although the Trio’s soundstage is not the widest, instruments remain well separated on the stage and there is a good sense of layering in the music. I would say that Eros S generally brings a smooth warm aspect to this whole sound. To my ears then it seems like lows, mids and highs are working well together, and this cable allows every section to gel.

Highs

The Trio is known for having some sparkly highs. It takes after its older sibling the Forte, albeit I feel the Trio is a little more controlled. To keep those highs in check I like to use a cable with a bit of warmth to it. Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition does a good job here. It allows the highs to breath and reach out, but there remains that overall warm smoothness to the sound. I find here that there are no sharp peaks or sibilance to be concerned about. This is just right for my own listening preferences.

Final thoughts

With the Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition, I am finding that the bass, mids and highs are working well together on the Trio. The cable doesn’t sacrifice any detail or clarity, and it brings an overall warmth and smoothness to the whole presentation of the music. Listening to music with this set up is enjoyable and fatigue free. With its black and gold fleck finish it’s also a bit of eye candy too.

Trio & Eros S.jpg
Eros S.jpg
Box Eros S.jpg
The eros s in black and gold flakes looks too damn good. It seems smoother to the touch as well. Does it sound the same as the grey one?

Sep 12, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #7,380 of 8,006

Bass

Mids

Highs

Final thoughts

Trio & Eros S.jpg
Eros S.jpg
Box Eros S.jpg
Seems like the synergy between the trio and Eros S 1st ae is :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back