Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 28, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #7,351 of 7,919
The real strengthen of Fusion 1 is the blend of multiple different materials. It has to go through multiple steps of R n D to get the perfect combinations. It literallys achieve the best of three worlds with characteristic of gold silver and coppor to achieve different signature that complements each other. Fusion 1 is not about how exotic or expensive the gold or silver is, but instead it gets the perfect combination that achieve what a gold silver alloy cable cannot achieve.
I agree with you there but there is also two key aspects to its sound make up that most folks don't know about. I believe they used some geometry tweaks for the cables, a trickle down from prior cables code23? And a combination of various coppers. I can't disclose how many types but it is more than a few let me put it that way. It is its geometry with the combination of the materials is what sets the Fusion 1 apart from something like the Eros S. The Eros S is a fairly simple cable in comparison actually.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #7,352 of 7,919
Ya, I’m with you. The monarch’s have a recessed 2-pin and I’m thinking the shell might be a hair out of spec. Just figured I’d ask. Appreciate the help kind sir 🤙🏼

I’m glad you’re enjoying it! Would love to hear those MMK3 impressions when you get a chance. I own one as well and I’ve had my eye on the Eros S.

I own numerous thicker 8 cored cables of various types, the Eros S 1st might be the most pliable, and surprisingly lighter than most 8 wired cables. Not to mention stunning in the way they look on IEMs.
So I got a chance to do a little careful A/B testing and then just enjoyed the really excellent listening for a few hours with my Eros S 1AE, my setup was cayin RU7 into thieaudio Monarch Mk3, and I did A/B with my mid range hakugei 8-core(SPC, GPC and Graphene) that is in a competitive price category($250). I did not notice any issues with fit into the Monarch's 2-pin socket, it was perfect and smooth, no trouble at all.

On the A/B, the overall sound quality was very close but I did notice a bit of extra weight on the bass with the Eros, and a very slightly cleaner/sharper/faster treble.

The ergonomics and feel of the cable is exactly what I expect from this premium manufacturer and in this price range compared to my hakugei, truly excellent though not the ultra supple only seen in the kilo-buck cables. No microphonics at all even when wearing on long walks and drives under my motorcycle helmet, nothing but perfect performance without any interference, again as expected.

The aesthetics of this cable is really where Effect Audio has exceeded expectation and broken the competition in this price range. The space-future black styling is subtle at a glance but bold and hypnotic upon closer inspection, lewk slewn as it were. I have yet to see anyone else's cable that can touch the Eros S 1AE for this budget minded premium segment. A real winner in my book: especially in this dog days of summer, the Eros is bleeding edge cool style with amazing sound quality to back it up.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #7,353 of 7,919
So I got a chance to do a little careful A/B testing and then just enjoyed the really excellent listening for a few hours with my Eros S 1AE, my setup was cayin RU7 into thieaudio Monarch Mk3, and I did A/B with my mid range hakugei 8-core(SPC, GPC and Graphene) that is in a competitive price category($250). I did not notice any issues with fit into the Monarch's 2-pin socket, it was perfect and smooth, no trouble at all.

On the A/B, the overall sound quality was very close but I did notice a bit of extra weight on the bass with the Eros, and a very slightly cleaner/sharper/faster treble.

The ergonomics and feel of the cable is exactly what I expect from this premium manufacturer and in this price range compared to my hakugei, truly excellent though not the ultra supple only seen in the kilo-buck cables. No microphonics at all even when wearing on long walks and drives under my motorcycle helmet, nothing but perfect performance without any interference, again as expected.

The aesthetics of this cable is really where Effect Audio has exceeded expectation and broken the competition in this price range. The space-future black styling is subtle at a glance but bold and hypnotic upon closer inspection, lewk slewn as it were. I have yet to see anyone else's cable that can touch the Eros S 1AE for this budget minded premium segment. A real winner in my book: especially in this dog days of summer, the Eros is bleeding edge cool style with amazing sound quality to back it up.
I was very surprised just how good looking their cables are. I am one of those that loves function over looks but in this case. I mean comon these things on your IEMs?

1693245362232.png

1693245554765.png

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #7,354 of 7,919
The real strengthen of Fusion 1 is the blend of multiple different materials. It has to go through multiple steps of R n D to get the perfect combinations. It literallys achieve the best of three worlds with characteristic of gold silver and coppor to achieve different signature that complements each other. Fusion 1 is not about how exotic or expensive the gold or silver is, but instead it gets the perfect combination that achieve what a gold silver alloy cable cannot achieve.
I have to agree on this one. This cable is an example of when combined properly you can still see the benefits of each one in the mix.

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #7,355 of 7,919
Been crazy the last couple of weeks, I received a new preamp so would been a bit unfair to give more feedback on the Eros S 1st anniversary cable when been wrapped up with capacitors and tube rolling with it. I agree with other commenters that I like the looks of this cable and was surprised by how good it sounded at its price point. I liked it with the mest mkii and that’s its new home.

Most of the testing of the Eros S 1st anniversary was done with the Mest Indigo, today I switched back to the Cleopatra 2 and have to say I have been so wrapped up with testing out the preamp and the Eros S 1st anniversary I have forgotten how much the synergy there was with the Cleopatra 2 and Mest Indigo.

The Eros S 1st anniversary is a great cable like how it sounds with the Mest MKii, but the Cleopatra 2 is just in another class sound-wise. Of course, there is a price difference, and would expect a higher sound quality.

Aug 29, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #7,356 of 7,919
Using the Fusion 1 through Shanling M6 Pro 21 with SE846 and there is a definite increase in width and depth of soundstage and more roundness of bass notes. It's pretty amazing actually. I never believed a cable could make a difference but then started experimenting with cables in my hifi system and noticed a difference between Nordost and Cardas cables, so decided to give an IEM cable a try.

Aug 29, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #7,357 of 7,919
I’ve been listening to the Phonix with Fusion 1. I’m finding it interesting because this time I’m getting a lot of space around everything and it’s very apparent. A lot of tracks feel holographic. Of course that depends on the quality of the recording, but the 3D feeling is quite prominent on a lot of songs. This is a different experience to the LX, and it must be the superb VE mids that are being showcased here.

The mids really do stand out with lots of detail and there seems to be a lot of space around vocals and instruments. There doesn’t seem to be an emphasis on bass in this set up though. It’s certainly there but your attention isn’t drawn to it. The highs are clean and extend well. There is the brightness present which has been discussed before, but it’s again well controlled. The Phonix does have some nice treble and it can certainly shine here.

Overall then Fusion 1 with Phonix is a good pairing. The star of the show though has to be the mids.

IMG_2456.jpeg

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #7,358 of 7,919
IMG_4843.jpeg

Would really like to share this combination that pairs really well with Elysian Annihilator with Fusion 1. As previously posted the Gold color tone combination. We now have the Gun metal titanium themed Fusion 1 Paired with Titanium Faceplate Annihilator.

Shoutout to Audiostage for credit.

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #7,359 of 7,919
IMG_4843.jpeg

Would really like to share this combination that pairs really well with Elysian Annihilator with Fusion 1. As previously posted the Gold color tone combination. We now have the Gun metal titanium themed Fusion 1 Paired with Titanium Faceplate Annihilator.

Shoutout to Audiostage for credit.
Looks great. Would you mind sharing how you perceive the Fusion 1 changes the sound vs the stock LL Martini cable?

Sep 1, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #7,360 of 7,919
Looks great. Would you mind sharing how you perceive the Fusion 1 changes the sound vs the stock LL Martini cable?

Never heard the LL Martini. Even at the Audio show, the Annihilator is paired with a different cable.

Sep 1, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #7,361 of 7,919
@Gavin C4 have you paired Code 23 with the Annihilator 2023?

Sep 1, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #7,363 of 7,919
@Gavin C4 have you paired Code 23 with the Annihilator 2023?
Let me know if he hasn’t or is unable to. I have a Code 23 and the Anni 23. I can pair them up and let you know how it sounds if you need.

Sep 2, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #7,364 of 7,919
Let me know if he hasn’t or is unable to. I have a Code 23 and the Anni 23. I can pair them up and let you know how it sounds if you need.

Never tried Code 23 with Anni.

Sep 2, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #7,365 of 7,919
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I’m not sure on the science behind it… but my 4 month old Silver Premium Cable from 64 Audio is already changing colour (oxidisation or something else?).

My question is: do the silver cables from Effect Audio suffer from this as well over time?

So no matter the cost, it’ll always happen to cables of this colour due to oxidisation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back