Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 26, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #6,826 of 7,919
@EffectAudio are there any ways to fix this uneven braiding? The braiding on mine, generally, is very loose and quite prone to kinking. At first i didnt mind but the longer i have it. Its getting more and more kinked.
I'm wondering the same thing. I got an Evo 1 recently, and while I really like it, the braid in some parts just seems a little more "rolled" or "compressed', if that makes sense. It's mainly a few areas on my two braids after the split . It's not too loose at all though. I've tried gently working it with my hands, but it seems to want to retain the tighter areas even after loosening them and lightly re-snugging it.

For what it's worth, my only point of reference in good iem cables is my Penon Leo Plus, which is super drapey and has nearly zero memory. I don't expect them to feel the same (and I love the Evo1 jacket feel), but I do like all the braiding to look pretty even.

Any techniques to smooth out these little areas?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #6,827 of 7,919
I’ve been using the Cadmus 4 wire with Trio today. I started off using the HanSound Aegis 8w but it was sounding a bit too peaky and I was finding it difficult to concentrate on my work. I needed something a bit more smooth that would calm the Trio’s highs so I swapped it over for the Cadmus. Instant bliss. The SPC really helps to tame the Trio leading to a really nice listening session.

IMG_2360.jpeg
Nice one mate.

This picture made me remember another question to @EffectAudio / @JordonEA … do you guys see any possibility to have non-recessed 2-pins added to ConX? Some products would make such a good use of that, visually and robustly. :)

Apr 26, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #6,828 of 7,919
Very good suggestion 👍

Apr 26, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #6,829 of 7,919
Nice one mate.

This picture made me remember another question to @EffectAudio / @JordonEA … do you guys see any possibility to have non-recessed 2-pins added to ConX? Some products would make such a good use of that, visually and robustly. :)
Thanks for sharing that! I'll throw that suggestion over to my product development team.

Great and interesting release Guys.

That's a beautiful cable for sure. The extra copper/gold is an interesting choice.

I was actually thinking the other day in how would a straight Cadmus/Ares S 8W would be. I think they can complement each other in a way and looks great. Have you tried that?
That certainly sounds fun 😬 I will share more in due time when I can!

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Apr 26, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #6,830 of 7,919
Thanks for sharing that! I'll throw that suggestion over to my product development team.

- Jordon
I'm looking forward to hear impressions on the new Cadmus FE. It should be remarkable. I like the idea of keeping materials classic, but still experimental.

Amazing!
I have been thinking on the non-recessed 2-pin for sometime, but I guess it may have design challenges to be able to produce. But for sure it will be a success if added to the package. Most universals are non-recessed.

I like those words. :p

I'm happy to sacrifice both my cables to create this experiment... Everything is possible in the name of science. :)

iu

Apr 30, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #6,833 of 7,919
Anyone using the code 23 with 64audio u12t?
Looking for some opinion on the audio improvement compared to the stock premium cable :)
I did that experimento for a few days.

It’s great… impressively, it open up the mid range and extend both ends. I didn’t think it gave a significant increase in the low end, but it felt right the way it was. 12t low end is already really good and in the right place.

12t is already an smooth IEM, different from SM and Gaea, so the benefit C23 gave to these too was more significant in that matter.

C23 is now going from LX and 12t as the mood goes.

Ps. I use M15 APEX modules. :)

Apr 30, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #6,834 of 7,919
I did that experimento for a few days.

It’s great… impressively, it open up the mid range and extend both ends. I didn’t think it gave a significant increase in the low end, but it felt right the way it was. 12t low end is already really good and in the right place.

12t is already an smooth IEM, different from SM and Gaea, so the benefit C23 gave to these too was more significant in that matter.

C23 is now going from LX and 12t as the mood goes.

Ps. I use M15 APEX modules. :)
I see :)
Does it increase soundstage aswell?
Aren't you selling the code 23 btw?

Apr 30, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #6,835 of 7,919
I see :)
Does it increase soundstage aswell?
Aren't you selling the code 23 btw?
It does increase quite well. Considering that I hear A12t originally quite narrow soundstage (even Duo feels much open)

I wasn’t selling C23 per se, I just offered as a package with Blanc, if the person was interested. But ended up selling Blanc by itself a few days ago. So I’m keeping C23 for more experiments. :)

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #6,836 of 7,919
Alright guys and gals...I finally put together my thoughts on the Gaea.

HERE - Effect Audio x Elysian: Gaea, the voice of the mother of it all.

DJI_20230225_174339_219.jpeg

Apr 30, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #6,837 of 7,919
Alright guys and gals...I finally put together my thoughts on the Gaea.

HERE - Effect Audio x Elysian: Gaea, the voice of the mother of it all.

DJI_20230225_174339_219.jpeg
"Empire Ears is a company that needs no introduction in 2023. A lot of the most praised cables in the market today are part of Empire Ears Line up." :eyes:

Apr 30, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #6,838 of 7,919
"Empire Ears is a company that needs no introduction in 2023. A lot of the most praised cables in the market today are part of Empire Ears Line up." :eyes:
Opps… thanks! Corrected now. :)

May 2, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #6,839 of 7,919
Despite the oxidation extravaganza I had with the Centurion in the past which caused me to let it go, I decided to grab a another one because the synergy with the Annihilator is simply too good to pass up. Hopefully this time my anti-moisture tactics will work! (Even then, I have full confidence with EA's customer service if it happens again, based on previous experience.)

Basically I wanted maximum clarity and extension on both ends, which the Centurion is able to give me, exaggerating the Anni's strength to 12. Subbass now has more definition (which was just "passable" with stock) and treble extension is now reaching hearing limit but still without any hints of harshness and sibilance.

IMG_0463.jpeg

On the other hand I went with Chiron x Code 51 for Phonix LE - less dynamic, smoother, easier to focus on mids/vocals than the explosive Centurion.

Fantastic cables despite its price, and quite the looker, too!

If Centurion ever comes in a black jacket then everything will be perfect, but hey, I'll gladly take the SQ and worry about other things later.

May 2, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #6,840 of 7,919
Despite the oxidation extravaganza I had with the Centurion in the past which caused me to let it go, I decided to grab a another one because the synergy with the Annihilator is simply too good to pass up. Hopefully this time my anti-moisture tactics will work! (Even then, I have full confidence with EA's customer service if it happens again, based on previous experience.)

Basically I wanted maximum clarity and extension on both ends, which the Centurion is able to give me, exaggerating the Anni's strength to 12. Subbass now has more definition (which was just "passable" with stock) and treble extension is now reaching hearing limit but still without any hints of harshness and sibilance.

IMG_0463.jpeg

On the other hand I went with Chiron x Code 51 for Phonix LE - less dynamic, smoother, easier to focus on mids/vocals than the explosive Centurion.

Fantastic cables despite its price, and quite the looker, too!

If Centurion ever comes in a black jacket then everything will be perfect, but hey, I'll gladly take the SQ and worry about other things later.

That Code 51 x Chiron combo makes an amazing cable. The really compliment each other

Users who are viewing this thread

Back