Effect Audio cables thread
May 6, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #5,761 of 7,919
A purchase or a review unit/set? If it's the latter one, you are not the only one :wink:
Review units. Yeah, EA said there were others.

I’m really looking forward to it !

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #5,762 of 7,919
Review units. Yeah, EA said there were others.

I’m really looking forward to it !
Awesome it sounds like things will soon get even more exciting on this thread. From what I hear this new line of cables will be a wonderful addition to effect audio line of cables. Hopefully they be priced at a level that allows even more people to enjoy them. I’m more of a mid-fi person and some of effect audio higher end lines are outa my reach.
Guess with more prototype being sent out the reviews will start popping up in the next couple weeks😉

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #5,763 of 7,919
What's the other IEM you're using? That might make it easier for anyone to give advice about cable choice :)
Also, for the other IEM (assuming Cleo will be staying on your Xe6), what changes are you hoping that the new cable could bring?

Two more things spring to mind:
1) as they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Since you already love the Cleo, you could of course just buy another one :D

2) based on my recent experience (and given your love for the Cleo), I'd recommend giving the Leonidas II Octa a try as well as Horus :)
Thanks for the reply, I have 2 IEMs, Xenon 6 and EE Legend EVO. What I like best about Cleo is that my Legend EVO achieved a completely different level both in resolution and details, especially on mids and bass, bass with Cleo is out of this world, it is difficult to compare EVO+ Cleo and stock PWA cabel. I do not want to change this sound signature, so I decided to use Cleo only with EVO in the future. What I do not like about Cleo + Xe6 is that Xe6 produce so much detail that, I sometimes get shock the first 10-15 minutes, both mids and bass are absolutely amazing, sometimes too amazing. But, stock scorpion cable (copper) has a special warm tuning that gives very natural and musical sound, but, Cleo gives incredible resolution and details, in the combination Xe6 + Cleo the sound is too cold and analytical for me, I hope that with Horus, I can get the opportunity to keep the incredible details and resolution, maybe a little softer bass, but can get back at least a little warm as it was with stock copper cable.

P.s I thought a lot about Leonid II 8 wire, but am a little scared that it will be even more analytical with even more dynamic than Cleo.

May 6, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #5,764 of 7,919
Are there really new cables on the way to release? Wow, glad I did not order Horus yet; D

May 6, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #5,765 of 7,919
Are there really new cables on the way to release? Wow, glad I did not order Horus yet; D
I wonder if someone can actually do a comparison to all the new cables ( present and upcoming line ) and the Horus and Horus 8. Not so sure they are actually better. It would be good to know the differences. Might be able to save some coin as the older cables usually cost less.

May 6, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #5,766 of 7,919
Awesome it sounds like things will soon get even more exciting on this thread. From what I hear this new line of cables will be a wonderful addition to effect audio line of cables. Hopefully they be priced at a level that allows even more people to enjoy them. I’m more of a mid-fi person and some of effect audio higher end lines are outa my reach.
Guess with more prototype being sent out the reviews will start popping up in the next couple weeks😉
I feel there will be a few reviews and impressions being posted on this thread soon.😀 I think these cables are part of the new Signature Series and will effectively take the place of Ares II and similar. I’m not certain of the cost bracket yet, but I would guess that they will be similar to the cost of Ares II. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

May 7, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #5,767 of 7,919
Hmmm, it's a mystery...:L3000: ???

My Mystery Box showed up a couple of days ago. I've been burried in client work so haven't been able to do any critical listening but "Prototype 37" and "Prototype 38" are absolutely gorgeous; 37 just took my MEXT to a whole nuther level. Tomorrow I'll snap some pics and spend some time discerning the differences. I can say that in the MEXT the difference in note weight and depth of bass is markedly different between the 2.... Stand by more to follow.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #5,768 of 7,919
I think these cables are part of the new Signature Series and will effectively take the place of Ares II and similar. I’m not certain of the cost bracket yet, but I would guess that they will be similar to the cost of Ares II. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
These were also my thoughts...
Oh well, time will tell :)

My Mystery Box showed up a couple of days ago. I've been burried in client work so haven't been able to do any critical listening but "Prototype 37" and "Prototype 38" are absolutely gorgeous; 37 just took my MEXT to a whole nuther level. Tomorrow I'll snap some pics and spend some time discerning the differences. I can say that in the MEXT the difference in note weight and depth of bass is markedly different between the 2.... Stand by more to follow.
Thanks for sharing... looking forward to more impressions (in general) and your pics!

Popcorn dog.gif

May 7, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #5,769 of 7,919
I am also getting Prototype 37 and Prototype 38. I’ve had to put my delivery date back by a few days as I’m not going to be around for the original date I was given. I’m not going to get the package now until Thursday 12th.

May 7, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #5,770 of 7,919
I am also getting Prototype 37 and Prototype 38. I’ve had to put my delivery date back by a few days as I’m not going to be around for the original date I was given. I’m not going to get the package now until Thursday 12th.
My shipment shows the same 2 prototypes, likely it's indicating there were 36 tested before these final 2 release candidates, due to arrive Monday... What are your thoughts on burn in time for these if any?

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #5,771 of 7,919
My shipment shows the same 2 prototypes, likely it's indicating there were 36 tested before these final 2 release candidates, due to arrive Monday... What are your thoughts on burn in time for these if any?
I was giving this a bit of thought earlier. Normally I would burn a cable for 100hrs, but I’m really eager to get started with these prototypes and so I might halve that time.

May 7, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #5,772 of 7,919
I was giving this a bit of thought earlier. Normally I would burn a cable for 100hrs, but I’m really eager to get started with these prototypes and so I might halve that time.
I emailed ea with the same question, if they get back to me on it, I'll share here, but my thoughts were along the same lines as yourself

May 8, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #5,774 of 7,919
Correction I Mislabeled The Cables in Original post. I reversed which cable is which which. 37 is Silver in color, 38 is Copper. What follows is corrected...
---------
Alright, here's your first look. Introducing Prototype 37 - Silver and Prototype 38 Copper Color. I will admit photography is not my gift but this will give you an idea.
When EA contacted me if to ask if I wanted to participate, they said they would send them out "Blind" in non descript packaging with no names or descriptions because they didn't want to influence or bias the feedback they received - they just wanted pure impressions based on sound and that we, the testers share our experiences here on the cable threads. I really admire their approach in this and I'm grateful for the opportunity to participate.

My first impression out of the box was, these are prototypes? They're beautiful. Both cables are a 4 Core likely 26 or 24 gauge in Litz Structure and while it's impossible to know what the material actually is, they appear to be Silver and Copper respectfully, but who knows what alchemy and wizardry they've got going on. Mine two cables are 4.4 Pentacon and the appears to be a rhodium jack , but again, I dont know. The splitter is a beautiful carbon fiber, which my pics do not accurately reflect and I love the chin slider - it's diminutive, slips out of the way but has plenty of grip when you need to use. I can say the 38 delivers all the warmth of copper but doesn't sacrifice detail or resolution not does it compromise the mids or upper frequency response. If it is copper, its not a typical or traditional copper cable. So far I've used with my MEXT and EJ07M in both cases I found slight enhancement of the lower frequencies without bloating them and really nice instrument separation. Prototype 37 - could be anything and again I'm not sure what it is. Same hardware as 38 and first impression with the same 2 IEMs, tons of of details and resolution, weight slightly reduced note weight. That's not a bad thing - its just less warm. The real test for this cable for me will my IMR RAH. It's a 15mm Beryllium DD + 10mm Planar + 12mm Piezo. It's known for it's deep bass, lush mids and sparkly upper end. I loved it so much I sent it over to itsfit to convert to a CIEM. Kien did a great job on it but being completely closed shells with the CIEM fit, the bass which was already plentiful got enhanced and sometimes a bit too much for me. I still love that IEM and I suspect, the 37 will be the perfect compliment to it, but have yet to try.

That's what I've got for now as first impressions.. I love both these cables. I'll report back with more as I start shooting out cables and IEMs.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #5,775 of 7,919
Alright, here's your first look. Introducing Prototype 37 - Copper Color and Prototype 38 Silver Color. I will admit photography is not my gift but this will give you an idea.
When EA contacted me if to ask if I wanted to participate, they said they would send them out "Blind" in non descript packaging with no names or descriptions because they didn't want to influence or bias the feedback they received - they just wanted pure impressions based on sound and that we, the testers share our experiences here on the cable threads. I really admire their approach.

My first impression out of the box was, these are prototypes; they're beautiful. Both cables are a 4 Core likely 26 or 24 gauge in Litz Structure and while it's impossible to know what the material actually is, they appear to be Copper and Silver respectfully, but who knows what alchemy and wizardry they've got going on. Mine is 4.4 Pentacon and the appears to be rhodium, but again, I dont know. The splitter is a beautiful carbon fiber, which my shot does not accurately reflect and I love the chin slider - it's diminutive, splips out of the way but has plenty of grip when you need to use. I can say the 37 delivers all the warmth of copper but doesn't sacrifice detail or resolution not does it compromise the mids or upper frequency response. If it is copper, its not a typical or traditional copper cable. So far I've used with my MEXT and EJ07M in both cases I found slight enhancement of the lower frequencies without bloating them and really nice instrument separation. Prototype 38 - could be anything and again I'm not sure what it is. Same hardware as 37 and first impression with the same 2 IEMs, tons of of details and resolution, weight slightly reduced note weight. That's not a bad thing - its just less warm. The real test for this cable for me will my IMR RAH. It's a 15mm Beryllium DD + 10mm Planar + 12mm Piezo. It's known for it's deep bass, lush mids and sparkly upper end. I loved it so much I sent it over to itsfit to convert to a CIEM. Kien did a great job on it but being completely closed shells with the CIEM fit, the bass which was already plentiful got enhanced. I still love that IEM, I suspect, the 38 will be the perfect compliment to it, but have yet to try.

That's what I've got for now as first impressions.. I love both these cables. I'll report back with more as I start shooting out cables and IEMs
Picturers are too big and wont save. I'll snap a few with my phone later.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back