Effect Audio cables thread
Dec 6, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #4,141 of 7,919
Once again, the time has arrive to gather ourselves in the “Land of the rising sun”!:cherry_blossom::shinto_shrine::flag_jp: This year in the annually “Potafes”in Akihabara,
Effect audio” will present to you an extraordinary experience! Master artisan from “Effect Audio" headquarters in Singapore will impart you,
the art of cable crafting!:fire::fire::fire:

Don’t miss out the chance to experience first hand, the art of crafting YOUR OWN cables presented to you by the world renowned cable manufacturer.
Interested parties, please log on to the link below for more informations. We’ll see you there!:sunglasses::call_me:

https://e-earphone.jp/html/page604.html *Please translate the language to your preferences*
fb headfi.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #4,142 of 7,919
Having a bad experience with warranty claiming issue. Anyone else experiencing this? As the RMA form states to send to an address in paya lebar but the email states to send it to their office. When i did mail it and after asking if they have received my cable no one replies. Even after bumping with another email no one replies. My cable is out for 2 weeks with no news. So im stuck with an iem i cant use with no one on effect audio side giving any form of response.

Dec 6, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #4,143 of 7,919
@Paul Zhang, a question about the aesthetics of Code 51. Given the different materials that are used in the conductors (i.e., palladium, gold, silver) do the wires have the look of the Cleo, Leo, or Horus, or some kind of combination.

It's hard to tell from pictures given the difference in lighting and photo processing.

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #4,144 of 7,919
Having a bad experience with warranty claiming issue. Anyone else experiencing this? As the RMA form states to send to an address in paya lebar but the email states to send it to their office. When i did mail it and after asking if they have received my cable no one replies. Even after bumping with another email no one replies. My cable is out for 2 weeks with no news. So im stuck with an iem i cant use with no one on effect audio side giving any form of response.

Why not drop by their office since you are in SGP?

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #4,146 of 7,919
Thanks Paul, got there in the end: thankfully!

Left side went in well - albeit with a fair amount of effort, but the right-hand side had me worried. I know EE IEMs have very tight sockets - which is fine, but I kept having nightmare scenarios where I pushed too hard and damaged the cable.

Anyway, all good now thanks. Been burning the Thor II 8 wire in since y'day - so looking forward to some serious listening over the weekend now! :L3000:

Dan

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #4,147 of 7,919

Hi @Transcendent Melody , I apologise for the late response and the inconveniences caused, Let me assist you from here, can you please drop me a PM, i believe we've might have missed out your messages.
Cheers!

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #4,148 of 7,919
@Paul Zhang, a question about the aesthetics of Code 51. Given the different materials that are used in the conductors (i.e., palladium, gold, silver) do the wires have the look of the Cleo, Leo, or Horus, or some kind of combination.

It's hard to tell from pictures given the difference in lighting and photo processing.

The Code 51 looks silver-ish, with a trace of gold in it if you look at it closely, I would say it looks like a combination of Cleo and Horus aesthetically.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #4,149 of 7,919
20191108_151139.jpg 20191108_144924.jpg
20191108_151127.jpg

Arthur and his Excalibur...

It was a month ago I tried these...
What I want to Highlight is the cable, Excalibur...
For me these cable had a mature sounding... It could fill in my cup of tea with my pairing...
I thought it was like HORUS, but it wasn't...

Are you planning to sell separately from Arthur?
or should I asked Lady of the water one... Grin

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #4,150 of 7,919
Bad news! I purchased an Effect Audio Thor II Silver 8 wire last week. Had given it 50 or so hours burn in, and had been really enjoying it over the weekend. Plugged my Legend Xs today and no audio in left channel?! I've tried the IEMs and Thor II combo in another DAP - but the problem persists. I'm really surprised about this; as I've had an Effect Audio Lionheart for a year or two, and never had a single issue with it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or is there any more troubleshooting anyone can recommend before considering this a faulty item from Effect Audio?

Thanks,

Dan

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #4,151 of 7,919
Bad news! I purchased an Effect Audio Thor II Silver 8 wire last week. Had given it 50 or so hours burn in, and had been really enjoying it over the weekend. Plugged my Legend Xs today and no audio in left channel?! I've tried the IEMs and Thor II combo in another DAP - but the problem persists. I'm really surprised about this; as I've had an Effect Audio Lionheart for a year or two, and never had a single issue with it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or is there any more troubleshooting anyone can recommend before considering this a faulty item from Effect Audio?

Thanks,

Dan

do you have another cable you can test to confirm it’s the thor that’s faulty and not the legend x?

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #4,153 of 7,919
do you have another cable you can test to confirm it’s the thor that’s faulty and not the legend x?

Thanks for the suggestion Evo, I've absolutely nailed it down now.

I reconnected my Lionheart to my Legend X, and I was instantly back in glorious stereo. So went back to the Thor II, and the left channel disappeared AGAIN - so definitely the Thor II that has the fault. I then proceeded to check all the connection points along the cable, and found it almost immediately. There's a poorly soldered connection between the cable and the 2.5mm plug. I unscrewed the external barrel - which makes up the plug housing, then gently moved it side-to-side by the tiniest amount, the left channel comes in and out again.

I must say this is extremely disappointing though! This feels like substandard workmanship on the part of Effect Audio - remember this is an $850 IEM cable?! I am genuinely shocked, because my Lionheart has been flawless from day one and is of the high standard I expect from a company like Effect Audio. I have many cables, and interconnects for my main Hi-Fi at home and have never had a cable of any description fail on something this fundamental.

Thanks again for your assistance in establishing what the issue was.

Dan

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #4,154 of 7,919

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, please update me if there's any malfunction, I'll get it rectify immediately. Hear from you soon. Cheers!

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #4,155 of 7,919
Thanks for the suggestion Evo, I've absolutely nailed it down now.

I reconnected my Lionheart to my Legend X, and I was instantly back in glorious stereo. So went back to the Thor II, and the left channel disappeared AGAIN - so definitely the Thor II that has the fault. I then proceeded to check all the connection points along the cable, and found it almost immediately. There's a poorly soldered connection between the cable and the 2.5mm plug. I unscrewed the external barrel - which makes up the plug housing, then gently moved it side-to-side by the tiniest amount, the left channel comes in and out again.

I must say this is extremely disappointing though! This feels like substandard workmanship on the part of Effect Audio - remember this is an $850 IEM cable?! I am genuinely shocked, because my Lionheart has been flawless from day one and is of the high standard I expect from a company like Effect Audio. I have many cables, and interconnects for my main Hi-Fi at home and have never had a cable of any description fail on something this fundamental.

Thanks again for your assistance in establishing what the issue was.

Dan

I am sure EA will take care of you :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back