Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 27, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #4,126 of 7,901
The Maestro is warm, but more so because of its subdued upper-treble, rather than an emphasised bass. The Virtuoso has the strongest, meatiest bass for me, but it's contrasted against a crisp, airy top-end. If bass is what you want, then the Virtuoso is the one to go for. The Maestro is if you want warmth, but you don't necessarily need the bass to get it.
Exactly what I was wanting to know! Thanks for your time man!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #4,127 of 7,901
The Maestro is warm, but more so because of its subdued upper-treble, rather than an emphasised bass. The Virtuoso has the strongest, meatiest bass for me, but it's contrasted against a crisp, airy top-end. If bass is what you want, then the Virtuoso is the one to go for. The Maestro is if you want warmth, but you don't necessarily need the bass to get it.
This is also very helpful to me, thanks.

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #4,128 of 7,901
don(1).gif

"EFFECT AUDIO" Presents to you AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE!! 15% Discount on the "Hall of Fame" series…. Eyeing on cables such as the "Horus", "Janus D" & "Janus B"?? Now it's your chance!! Happening today@midnight 00.00am!! “Black Friday":point_up::sunglasses::rose: 29th of November @ 00.00am (Singapore time):flag_sg::clock12:ONE DAY ONLY!!

headfi.fb.jpg

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #4,133 of 7,901
I had a chance to listen to the Vogue series tour from Effective Audio.

The components that I used to test the Maestro, Virtuoso and Grandioso are:
1) Empire Ears CIEM Phantom and Spartan
2) DAPs: Cayin N6ii/A01 and Ibasso DX220/ amp9

Maestro given me the chance to enjoy the Spartan. This is a right cable that gives the Spartan more sub bass and bass that I have never listened with any cables included previous EA cables I got in hands like Ares II 4wire and 8wire and Eros II 8wire. The combination of Spartan and Maestro was performing excellently with both Cayin N6ii and DX220.

Virtuoso was connection via both Phantom and Spartan and N6ii and DX220. Even though I really don’t like pure silver due to its brightness (maybe I am wrong!) the Virtuoso sounds pretty good with Phantom and N6ii.

Grandioso was very interesting sound wise. I love this cable especially its built and how it is sounding just like Eros II 8 wire I own or even better. Listening with both DAPs DX220/ amp9 and Cayin N6ii/ T01 there was no differences in sound but to my ears I like Grandioso with Phantom and DX220 that produces a very analog sound.

I am very thankful and appreciate EA (Paul Zheng) especially Musicteck (Andrew) had given me a chance to test the Vogue Series and also hope Vogue will be made with 8 wire especially for the Grandioso that would bring up to another higher level of enjoying musics.

Thank you Paul,

Dec 4, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #4,134 of 7,901
I had a chance to listen to the Vogue series tour from Effective Audio.

The components that I used to test the Maestro, Virtuoso and Grandioso are:
1) Empire Ears CIEM Phantom and Spartan
2) DAPs: Cayin N6ii/A01 and Ibasso DX220/ amp9

Maestro given me the chance to enjoy the Spartan. This is a right cable that gives the Spartan more sub bass and bass that I have never listened with any cables included previous EA cables I got in hands like Ares II 4wire and 8wire and Eros II 8wire. The combination of Spartan and Maestro was performing excellently with both Cayin N6ii and DX220.

Virtuoso was connection via both Phantom and Spartan and N6ii and DX220. Even though I really don’t like pure silver due to its brightness (maybe I am wrong!) the Virtuoso sounds pretty good with Phantom and N6ii.

Grandioso was very interesting sound wise. I love this cable especially its built and how it is sounding just like Eros II 8 wire I own or even better. Listening with both DAPs DX220/ amp9 and Cayin N6ii/ T01 there was no differences in sound but to my ears I like Grandioso with Phantom and DX220 that produces a very analog sound.

I am very thankful and appreciate EA (Paul Zheng) especially Musicteck (Andrew) had given me a chance to test the Vogue Series and also hope Vogue will be made with 8 wire especially for the Grandioso that would bring up to another higher level of enjoying musics.

Thank you Paul,

@singleended5863 Thank you so much for your honest review bro! Appreciate you taking time to review the "Vogue" series!

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #4,135 of 7,901
11.jpg

Today, we're elated to announce that the “Vogue” series had been awarded with the “Personal Audio Cable Of The Year” by the good people of “HI FI +“. We can’t express enough how grateful we’re to be shortlisted, and eventually won this award. To us, it’s was a great feat, as it serves as a recognition of the endless man hours spend in the research and design of the “Vogue” series.

The "Vogue" had surpassed its potential in terms of performance, ergonomics and design. All of this, are fruition of our endless pursue of perfection, a thirst of wanting to bring the best to this tightly knitted community. We are glad that the “Vogue” has live up to the expectation and had serve what it was set out to achieve.

Without all of your support, the series can never be of such success, thus “Effect Audio” would like to extend out deepest gratitude to all of our loyal consumers, friends and fans for their relentless support throughout this 10 years. We’ll be dedicating the coming years to create more exciting products that will exceed your expectation, till next time!:pray::sunglasses:

12.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

0001.jpg

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #4,136 of 7,901

Today, we're elated to announce that the “Vogue” series had been awarded with the “Personal Audio Cable Of The Year” by the good people of “HI FI +“. We can’t express enough how grateful we’re to be shortlisted, and eventually won this award. To us, it’s was a great feat, as it serves as a recognition of the endless man hours spend in the research and design of the “Vogue” series.

The "Vogue" had surpassed its potential in terms of performance, ergonomics and design. All of this, are fruition of our endless pursue of perfection, a thirst of wanting to bring the best to this tightly knitted community. We are glad that the “Vogue” has live up to the expectation and had serve what it was set out to achieve.

Without all of your support, the series can never be of such success, thus “Effect Audio” would like to extend out deepest gratitude to all of our loyal consumers, friends and fans for their relentless support throughout this 10 years. We’ll be dedicating the coming years to create more exciting products that will exceed your expectation, till next time!:pray::sunglasses:

Has the vogue series solved the jacket hardening problems that has historically plagued EA cables ?

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #4,137 of 7,901
Has the vogue series solved the jacket hardening problems that has historically plagued EA cables ?

I am not sure about the Vogue but here is what just happened...
I bought it here from another headfier approx. one year ago (used). The cable is at least 1 year old but it could be even 2 years old.

Great....Leonidas....

:rage:

Leonidas.jpg

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #4,139 of 7,901
Hi All,

Have just received an Effect Audio Thor II 8 wire, for my Legend X IEMs - so far, so good. I have removed my current Lionheart cable, and have the left channel of the Thor II connected. I am struggling to get the right side in though. I am terrified of pushing this too hard and snapping/bending one of the pins! Anyone experienced this, or have any helpful techniques I may be able to utilize?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #4,140 of 7,901
Hi All,

Have just received an Effect Audio Thor II 8 wire, for my Legend X IEMs - so far, so good. I have removed my current Lionheart cable, and have the left channel of the Thor II connected. I am struggling to get the right side in though. I am terrified of pushing this too hard and snapping/bending one of the pins! Anyone experienced this, or have any helpful techniques I may be able to utilize?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Hi Dan, what i'll do if problems like this occurs is to clasp the pin steadily with the flesh of my index and thumb, and slowly insert it into the IEM port holes. do not wiggle in, just push it in slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back