Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 4, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #3,706 of 7,919
Hello guys,

Happy July 4th!
Hope your long holiday weekend be full of joyful happiness! :headphones::guitar::musical_score:

We'd like to thank all of you who have come to visit us at CanJam SoCal.
Remember to make your post about the Mysterious Cables to win a Leonidas II (worth USD888).
The prize draw will be closing on July 10th and a winner will be chosen shortly.
So, seize the chance while you can. :wink:

IMG_6383.JPG

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #3,707 of 7,919
Jul 9, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #3,710 of 7,919
My Eros II+ arrived today :ksc75smile:, along with an extender so it's easier to listen to my IEMs at my desk. The Eros II+ is definitely a nice upgrade over the Ares that came stock with my IEMs.

Just curious does the eros ii+ sound warmer than the ares ii+? Looking for another ea cable to play with for my andros. Looking for a slightly warmer cable than my thor ii’s.

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #3,711 of 7,919
Just curious does the eros ii+ sound warmer than the ares ii+? Looking for another ea cable to play with for my andros. Looking for a slightly warmer cable than my thor ii’s.

Most of EA cables are on the warm site more or less. I’d like the Janus D and B. To my ears D is less warmer than B but B’s SQ is warm and rounded and more punchier.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #3,712 of 7,919
Thor is definitely the brightest of them to my ears. As the cable composition might indicate, the Eros does fall between the Ares and Thor as far as the overall warmth in tone. It's become my personal favorite, though I've not tried the Janus or Horus cables. IMO

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #3,713 of 7,919
Thor is definitely the brightest of them to my ears. As the cable composition might indicate, the Eros does fall between the Ares and Thor as far as the overall warmth in tone. It's become my personal favorite, though I've not tried the Janus or Horus cables. IMO

Thanks! Was able to try the thor ii’s on the sp1000 cu and they sounded perfect with the andros. However on my se100’s on some tracks they can be a bit bright but without any sibilance though. Which is good. I just want to experience a decent copper cable with andros that can tame the highs a bit. Might just pull the trigger on the ares ii+’s for the meantime. Thanks again!

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #3,714 of 7,919
Thanks! Was able to try the thor ii’s on the sp1000 cu and they sounded perfect with the andros. However on my se100’s on some tracks they can be a bit bright but without any sibilance though. Which is good. I just want to experience a decent copper cable with andros that can tame the highs a bit. Might just pull the trigger on the ares ii+’s for the meantime. Thanks again!

My ears are weird then lol. I find EA's pure silver cables (Cleopatra Octa in my case) tame the treble to the most fatigue free treble I've ever heard coming out of the iPod Touch 7G. Maybe the SE100 is just a bright DAP (though I've never heard it) while the iPod Touch 7G is a warm DAP for Andromeda

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #3,715 of 7,919
My ears are weird then lol. I find EA's pure silver cables (Cleopatra Octa in my case) tame the treble to the most fatigue free treble I've ever heard coming out of the iPod Touch 7G. Maybe the SE100 is just a bright DAP (though I've never heard it) while the iPod Touch 7G is a warm DAP for Andromeda

The se100’s aren’t bright at all. I am getting some treble peaks on some tracks only and maybe it is due to the songs recording. The thor ii’s are great with the andromedas in most tracks on the se100’s. I just want a slightly laid back signature. Might look into the cleo’s too since i am currently here in SG. I want to try other cables first before deciding on getting a new dap. Haha

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #3,716 of 7,919
Jul 16, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #3,717 of 7,919
Hi all,

Eric has asked me to inform you all that after 5 amazing years at Effect Audio, he is leaving the company. I think you all know he has been a key driving force in the development of EA and its success in recent years, so it was not an easy decision for him to make. He will be taking a well-deserved break and visiting Canjam London on his own accord, so you might see him there (no search parties needed to track him down :wink: ).

I have had the pleasure of working with Eric as an EA customer and reviewer and would like to take this opportunity to thank him for the incredible work he has done for this industry and wonderful contributions he has made here on Head-fi. I wish him all the best on his new journey and hope to see him around again soon!

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #3,718 of 7,919
Wow, that is a shocking news. I also ordered my cables from Eric and he always be very patient to explain everything.
Anyway, thank you Eric it was a nice meeting you at SoCal canjam and wish you the best in future!

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #3,720 of 7,919
I'm very sure he will have his own company soon
Or he will have squads of talent scouts tracking him down. :D Together with SY (EA's founder) he has been the face of Effect Audio for such a long time, especially here on Head-fi and within the community, that it will be very interesting to see where he goes next. I also hope that EA will do well without him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back