Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 24, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #3,091 of 7,919
ChMkJ1vdy-WIJrJyAAHUIH180ogAAs8JgA_tlYAAdQ4636.jpg
Haven't seen anyone here mention the new Effect Audio China exclusive cable, the 饕餮(taotie), which comes in a gorgeous wooden box and has a steel bronze plated y split, the first of its kind I believe.
Fitting of it's name and mythology, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taotie.

nnps8q9s74n646n49rs1030441q10n6q(2).jpg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #3,092 of 7,919
Oh come on, unless they are ignoring it on purpose, people have seen it. Imagine if last time everyone just straight up ignored the post about your Lionheart jack coming loose, which Effect Audio resolved promptly, props to them, but people are treating oxidation on a 500 USD litz cable as if it happens all the time. (especially on a Lionheart which has a special place in my heart)

You do know that it is possible to post respond and miss posts right? Your entitlement is shining. It's not about what YOU think people should be doing. You find it a problem? Respond, point them in the right direction no need to add that phrase.

You might want to put more depth into seaeching post history. In both cases, it was an obvious QC issue that should have directed at the OEM and not a general question. Which I did, I then waited for a response from Eric, which due to CanJam Shanghai took about 2 weeks back and forth before the issue was resolved. So hardly prompt.

Nov 24, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #3,093 of 7,919
You do know that it is possible to post respond and miss posts right? Your entitlement is shining. It's not about what YOU think people should be doing. You find it a problem? Respond, point them in the right direction no need to add that phrase.

You might want to put more depth into seaeching post history. In both cases, it was an obvious QC issue that should have directed at the OEM and not a general question. Which I did, I then waited for a response from Eric, which due to CanJam Shanghai took about 2 weeks back and forth before the issue was resolved. So hardly prompt.
It's not even my cable you know, and I didnt even search the post history because I always read the thread every day:L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #3,094 of 7,919
Has anyone been able to tell if the new 4.4mm Pentaconn connectors are a true upgrade? Debating between buying an 8-wire Ares II with the 4.4mm Pentaconn from EA, but having to wait 3-5 weeks, or save abt $80 and buy it with the EA 4.4mm frok Musicteck and get it this week. Any comparison could be between any other of the EA cables since it's the connector that's the only difference, thx!

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #3,095 of 7,919
Has anyone been able to tell if the new 4.4mm Pentaconn connectors are a true upgrade? Debating between buying an 8-wire Ares II with the 4.4mm Pentaconn from EA, but having to wait 3-5 weeks, or save abt $80 and buy it with the EA 4.4mm frok Musicteck and get it this week. Any comparison could be between any other of the EA cables since it's the connector that's the only difference, thx!

I have 2x 8wire cables which are Ares II and Eros II with all 4.4 mm one is EA pentaconn and the other is Psquared pentaconn. I love them both their look and sound.
You can buy directly from Musictek if you’ve liked too. :smile_phones:

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #3,096 of 7,919
Someone did ask about the difference, between the EA and Pentaconn but the answer we got didnt sound satisfactory. Given the difference in sound between the EA PSquared 2.5 and 3.5 plugs, Id order direct and wait.
@EffectAudio could probably confirm or correct me on this.

Man, waiting for the paypal echeck to clear before MusicTeck ships my Janus D, stuck reading reviews and drooling at the asthetic. Its gonna be a while.

@twister6 Given your experience with the Horus, would you say that it differs from other gold plated silver cables out there in the market? I loved the treble resolution that Plussound Exo GPS brought, but it seemed to have the side-effect of bumping up the sub-bass(good), but also jacking up the impact(not good), in both my bassier and not so bassy songs.

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #3,097 of 7,919
Someone did ask about the difference, between the EA and Pentaconn but the answer we got didnt sound satisfactory. Given the difference in sound between the EA PSquared 2.5 and 3.5 plugs, Id order direct and wait.

Man, waiting for the paypal echeck to clear before MusicTeck ships my Janus D, stuck reading reviews and drooling at the asthetic. Its gonna be a while.

@twister6 Given your experience with the Horus, would you say that it differs from other gold plated silver cables out there in the market? I loved the treble resolution that Plussound Exo GPS brought, but it seemed to have the side-effect of bumping up the sub-bass(good), but also jacking up the impact(not good), in both my bassier and not so bassy songs.

Sorry, don't have too many other gold plated cables. I did cover comparison with HSA Aurora in my Horus review under comparison section. Also, reviewed PS Apollonian+ GPC cable long time ago, but need to find it, somewhere in the box.

Nov 24, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #3,098 of 7,919
Oh come on, unless they are ignoring it on purpose, people have seen it. Imagine if last time everyone just straight up ignored the post about your Lionheart jack coming loose, which Effect Audio resolved promptly, props to them, but people are treating oxidation on a 500 USD litz cable as if it happens all the time. (especially on a Lionheart which has a special place in my heart)

Eric has been insanely busy since the start of last week. After flying home from CanJam Shanghai, he’s had to reply to the e-mails while he was at the show plus handle the company’s Black Friday promos. He’s now been at the Hong Kong AV Show for the past three days or so. I’m sure he’ll get to it eventually - if not in a public forum; he’ll surely get to them via e-mail.

Eric only mentioned the Pentaconn connectors having a lusher sound, a blacker background and increased dynamics.

That person actually asked for a comparison between the 2.5mm PSquared plug and the EA/Pentaconn 4.4mm, which - I’m sure you’ll understand - is completely impossible considering the plugs exist on wholly different devices, which would make it impossible to isolate the differences to just the plug’s effects.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #3,100 of 7,919
@Deezel177
Good catch, havent seen natemact on for a while. As usual the newer terminations are a cut above the old EA ones.

Thinking of talking to MusicTeck to change the pigtail adapter with my Janus D to 4.4mm instead of the 3.5 mm in that case.

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #3,101 of 7,919
@Deezel177
I know that Eric is busy, it's just that with previous cases like Kurokitsu's Lionheart jack coming loose or another members' Lionheart oxidising from the y split up people were quite attentive of the situation.

I know that Eric himself is not ignoring the the recent posters' Lionheart on purpose as it took him quite some time to reply to the previous issues, I was just curious why is everyone aside from Eric so nonchalant when last time when issues happened with the Lionheart specifically nonetheless, people quickly reacted whereas this time it was already buried 10+ posts back before I requoted @flipper203 about his Lionheart oxidising.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #3,103 of 7,919
I mean if my iem started oxidizing I think there’d be reason to panic too. More has been done about less on this forum. Not entirely sure why we’re looking past this but damn I guess it must be because it sound good (to quote one of my favorite manufacturers).

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #3,104 of 7,919
@Deezel177
I know that Eric is busy, it's just that with previous cases like Kurokitsu's Lionheart jack coming loose or another members' Lionheart oxidising from the y split up people were quite attentive of the situation.

I know that Eric himself is not ignoring the the recent posters' Lionheart on purpose as it took him quite some time to reply to the previous issues, I was just curious why is everyone aside from Eric so nonchalant when last time when issues happened with the Lionheart specifically nonetheless, people quickly reacted whereas this time it was already buried 10+ posts back before I requoted @flipper203 about his Lionheart oxidising.

Well, with @davidmolliere’s Lionheart and @KuroKitsu’s plug - as well as numerous users’ 2-pin connectors - the errors were pretty severe and obviously unacceptable. The Lionheart only oxidised from the y-split up, the plug came apart where it wasn’t supposed to, and so on. @flipper203’s case is the first where a Lionheart has supposedly naturally oxidised after some time of use. Before responding with something along the lines of, “That’s terrible! You must demand a replacement immediately!” I think it’s wise to wait for an official response from Eric and co. (who know more about the construct of the cable than we do) to explain whether or not this oxidation should be possible. I think it’s important to remember too that Eric (during the @davidmolliere case) mentioned oxidation wasn’t covered by warranty. If it turns out oxidation is possible on the Lionheart, then we could ask Effect Audio to mention that on the website, and we could shout to the hills then. Otherwise, EA could promptly replace it and everyone’s happy. Besides, today is the last day of the show. We should see a response within the next couple days.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #3,105 of 7,919
@Deezel177

This, now this a good post. If you opened up with this, it would have been taken much better.

Well, with @davidmolliere’s Lionheart and @KuroKitsu’s plug - as well as numerous users’ 2-pin connectors - the errors were pretty severe and obviously unacceptable. The Lionheart only oxidised from the y-split up, the plug came apart where it wasn’t supposed to, and so on. @flipper203’s case is the first where a Lionheart has supposedly naturally oxidised after some time of use. Before responding with something along the lines of, “That’s terrible! You must demand a replacement immediately!” I think it’s wise to wait for an official response from Eric and co. (who know more about the construct of the cable than we do) to explain whether or not this oxidation should be possible. I think it’s important to remember too that Eric (during the @davidmolliere case) mentioned oxidation wasn’t covered by warranty. If it turns out oxidation is possible on the Lionheart, then we could ask Effect Audio to mention that on the website, and we could shout to the hills then. Otherwise, EA could promptly replace it and everyone’s happy. Besides, today is the last day of the show. We should see a response within the next couple days.

You said it Daniel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back