Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 27, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #3,121 of 7,919
how is the Hiby R6 + Legend X pairing? Notice any hiss or weirdness on the freq spectrum?

None at all when I demo’d. I felt the LX and R6 played well together - likely because they’re a hybrid with DD. It’s the main reason I completely avoided a multiple BA solution. Even though there are many fantastic BA IEMS out there, they just aren’t a good fit for the R6. I wanted to avoid introducing a third-party like iEMatch too; as I tried one with my Hermes and felt it offered nothing of benefit. The thing is with the R6, is outside of the well-known impedance issues, the amp section has a decent amount of oomph available - esp if you use a balanced connection.

Nov 27, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #3,122 of 7,919

Those who are getting their cable terminated to 2.5 for better flexibility for 4.4 or 3.5 devices, better grab these EffectAudio adapters. Although they are slightly on the expensive side, it is important to get high-quality adapters because they really make a difference.

I have those on my to do list. Just doing damage control for my wallet...

Nov 27, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #3,123 of 7,919

Those who are getting their cable terminated to 2.5 for better flexibility for 4.4 or 3.5 devices, better grab these EffectAudio adapters. Although they are slightly on the expensive side, it is important to get high-quality adapters because they really make a difference.

+1 on this. I have 2 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapters: 1 Ibasso and 1 Effect Audio. I love Ibasso products but the Effect Audio adapter is miles ahead.

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #3,124 of 7,919
Budget wise I was a huge fan of the Ares II. The 8 wire is a nice cable too, it adds to the mids and reduces the low end a big while expanding the soundstage. I prefer the 4 wire though for ergonomics.

If I decided to drop $600 on the Thor II+, do you think it’s the best match up at that price point, with the LX? It’s looking like the Lionheart won't have a place in my setup, used with the Legend X? Have you tried this combination?

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #3,125 of 7,919
If I decided to drop $600 on the Thor II+, do you think it’s the best match up at that price point, with the LX? It’s looking like the Lionheart won't have a place in my setup, used with the Legend X? Have you tried this combination?

Sorry I have not. I believe @Shecky504 had the Legend X and Thor 8 wire.

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #3,129 of 7,919
CA37E5B7-86B6-43FC-A8EB-281CAB1EF3C0.jpeg
More EA eye candy - Thor II 8 and Eros II 8.

Eros II 8 wire with my A18t... the finish of the cable is such an elegant... yet clean finish... review coming soon...

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #3,131 of 7,919
Did you ever compare these? Eros maybe smoother and more balanced?
Yeah, Eros is a little smoother, but I wouldn't say more balanced. Both have a nice bass, good natural decay, and no bleeding into the lower mids. Thor adds a touch of liveliness to the mids and treble, while the Eros is a bit smoother. Yet, you still get lots of detail from the Eros, and there's no harshness at all with the Thor, so I wouldn't say one is more balanced than the other, just a slightly different flavor.

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #3,132 of 7,919

A simple Ares II 8 wires can make a huge difference. Extremely high performance. The pairing is so good with ZeusXR.
+1 , call me very impressed with how Ares II makes my Zeus XR sound

Soundstage has expanded , bass hits harder , sound is fullerthan before while keeping Zeus TOTL transparency/separation

a great cable for the price
Thanks to your input, I passed on the Janus D and purchased the Ares II 8 wires for my ZeusXR. (Thank you Naivesound). I'm very happy with the pairing. I ended up using that saving and bought a 64 Audio U18t on Black Friday.

Nov 28, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #3,133 of 7,919
Thanks to your input, I passed on the Janus D and purchased the Ares II 8 wires for my ZeusXR. (Thank you Naivesound). I'm very happy with the pairing. I ended up using that saving and bought a 64 Audio U18t on Black Friday.
You gotta tell me how you transformed that $800 difference into a U18t :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back