Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 11, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #2,461 of 7,910
Hi Effect Audio,

Even with weekly wiping, my chin slider has turned yellow. Item is still under warranty. Is it possible for this item to be replaced?

qsD30fP.jpg

What are you wiping it with? It's just some pvc material, so perhaps it got yellow because of your wipes or chemicals used?

Aug 11, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #2,462 of 7,910
Hi Effect Audio,

Even with weekly wiping, my chin slider has turned yellow. Item is still under warranty. Is it possible for this item to be replaced?

qsD30fP.jpg

I'm with @twister6 here. I've never cleaned the chin slider on my Effect Audio cables and none of them have turned yellow, so it's more likely that whatever you're wiping them with is what's causing the reaction.

Aug 12, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #2,463 of 7,910
@twister6 @Deezel177 Just regular alcohol swabs. I've another ares ii cable that I use too, cleaned with alcohol swabs once a week too. Perfectly clear though. I also don't clean the chin slider, more like just the ear guides.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #2,464 of 7,910
Hi Effect Audio,

Hello Matique,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately the chin slider turning yellow is not covered under warranty. Plastics turning yellow is likely due to exposure to humidity / harsh temperature / chemical solvents / UV exposure.

-Eric

Last edited:
Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Aug 13, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #2,465 of 7,910
Hello Matique,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately the chin slider turning yellow is not covered under warranty. Plastics turning yellow is likely due to exposure to humidity / harsh temperature / chemical solvents / UV exposure.

-Eric

IPA is a solvent and will slowly attack PVC over time.

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #2,466 of 7,910
Hello Matique,

-Eric

That is unfortunate :/ Have sent you a private PM.

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #2,468 of 7,910
Interesting. IPA has definitely been attacking my liver lately as well :)

-Collin-

I don’t think you’d be alive right now if you’ve been drinking IPA hehe

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,469 of 7,910
General question - for the JH 4-pin IEM I understand Effect makes the 8 wire with bass tuners, however I also see they offer in 4 wire but without bass tuners. Does this mean they can set the bass level at a fixed value like 50% with just 4 wire?

Thanks

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #2,470 of 7,910
General question - for the JH 4-pin IEM I understand Effect makes the 8 wire with bass tuners, however I also see they offer in 4 wire but without bass tuners. Does this mean they can set the bass level at a fixed value like 50% with just 4 wire?

Thanks

No; in 4-wire form, the bass level would be set permanently at 100%.

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #2,471 of 7,910
No; in 4-wire form, the bass level would be set permanently at 100%.
Even with the 8 wires and no bass pod it default is at max level, Moon audio they can do without the bass pod and can set the bass level to your liking, just send in your stock cable with the bass setting that you like and they will match it for you, all they do is add resistor, zero ohm resistor equal max bass 50 ohm equal 50% and so on

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #2,472 of 7,910
Even with the 8 wires and no bass pod it default is at max level, Moon audio they can do without the bass pod and can set the bass level to your liking, just send in your stock cable with the bass setting that you like and they will match it for you, all they do is add resistor, zero ohm resistor equal max bass 50 ohm equal 50% and so on

Yeah, Double Helix Cables can do the same. Effect Audio have stated that they don't, but they may consider it in the future.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,473 of 7,910
Thanks for all the info. One last question - why US sales tax from the Effect Audio website? I thought they were in Singapore or Hong Kong? Are there other online stores without sales tax. Given the price of these cables, it's not insignificant.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #2,474 of 7,910
Thanks for all the info. One last question - why US sales tax from the Effect Audio website? I thought they were in Singapore or Hong Kong? Are there other online stores without sales tax. Given the price of these cables, it's not insignificant.
That may be the result of a 2018 supreme court ruling allowing each state to govern the collection of sales/use tax from vendors for internet sales. In the past, if the vendor did not collect the tax, the buyer was responsible for reporting and paying it, though I'm guessing about .00000001% of any US buyers ever reported it. That's why the states can now require the vendor to collect it. I believe that's how it currently works.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #2,475 of 7,910

That may be the result of a 2018 supreme court ruling allowing each state to govern the collection of sales/use tax from vendors for internet sales. In the past, if the vendor did not collect the tax, the buyer was responsible for reporting and paying it, though I'm guessing about .00000001% of any US buyers ever reported it. That's why the states can now require the vendor to collect it. I believe that's how it currently works.

FYI, when I recently bought the Ares II 8 wire Eric just charged $350 including DHL express shipping fee for 3-5 days but not mentioned the US sales tax (?). If you choose 10-15 days to ship tonyou the cost is $9.95 which is about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back