Effect Audio cables thread
Sep 15, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #796 of 7,911
Sep 16, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #798 of 7,911
Sep 16, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #799 of 7,911
How's the Horus ergonomics? I'm just wondering if it would fit a portable SP1000-LCDi4 setup without any particular issue (weight, flexibility).

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #801 of 7,911
I use a pair of Noble encore and need to get a balanced Cable. Up for consideration are a pair of DHC 8strand Symbiote OCC, Plussound x8 Gold over Silver. This is for an on the go setup so need cables which are relatively flexible and portable (light)

How would the Horus compare to these other 2 and would it pair well with the Encore?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #802 of 7,911
I use a pair of Noble encore and need to get a balanced Cable. Up for consideration are a pair of DHC 8strand Symbiote OCC, Plussound x8 Gold over Silver. This is for an on the go setup so need cables which are relatively flexible and portable (light)

How would the Horus compare to these other 2 and would it pair well with the Encore?

I suggest you try labkable pandora for noble encore. Quite a good matching making sound fuller and nice 3D.

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #803 of 7,911

Unfortunately, no one has heard the Horus yet except for select reviewers, so I'd ask again for impressions when it's eventually officially released.

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #804 of 7,911

I use lionheart with my k10 balanced out of wm1z .. it has great synergy and is doing wonders to the vocals.. the cable is feather light with musician splitter and very flexible. Lionheart replaced my DHC symbiote fusion cable..

Pc

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #805 of 7,911
Just published my review of the EROS II on THL and EverydayListening! Craftsmanship and ergonomics are as good as we have come to expect from EffectAudio and sonically, the EROS II is especially transparent, pairing perfectly to more laid-back earphones like the midrange Noble iems. And I just love the aesthetics of the cable, Effect Audio's new designs are such stunners!
dsc049121.jpg

dsc049201.jpg

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #806 of 7,911
I suggest you try labkable pandora for noble encore. Quite a good matching making sound fuller and nice 3D.
I tried something else and not the Pandora model... The high frequencies were a bit too shrill and out of control. Think they were silver cables with something else. I'm not sure I trust this company as far as I understand there is no such thing as 7N OCC silver and 7N OCC copper is so rare that it can be more expensive than gold so I don't get this...

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #807 of 7,911
Unfortunately, no one has heard the Horus yet except for select reviewers, so I'd ask again for impressions when it's eventually officially released.

From the cables I have heard so far I suspect I will need an 8+ strand (or more) cable.
Somehow lower strand count (up to 6) doesn't seem to give the balance config or the IEM's justice either in dynamics or full bandwidth consistency and control.
Copper cables sounds good but maybe missing a bit of that shimmer at the top end.
Silver cables have this but lose the bottom end and low strand count ones seem to make the high end "painful" to listen to I rather not.

Have not tried a silver with 8 strand or higher count so far. Tried the plusdound Gold over silver x6 - almost there but not quite maybe need a x8?
That's my observation so far.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #808 of 7,911
From the cables I have heard so far I suspect I will need an 8+ strand (or more) cable.
Somehow lower strand count (up to 6) doesn't seem to give the balance config or the IEM's justice either in dynamics or full bandwidth consistency and control.
Copper cables sounds good but maybe missing a bit of that shimmer at the top end.
Silver cables have this but lose the bottom end and low strand count ones seem to make the high end "painful" to listen to I rather not.

Have not tried a silver with 8 strand or higher count so far. Tried the plusdound Gold over silver x6 - almost there but not quite maybe need a x8?
That's my observation so far.

Well, luckily for you, Effect Audio's copper Ares II has great upper-mid sparkle, and their silver Thor II has a rich bottom-end with a smoother treble. I guess it's a win-win either way, but please note that the latter costs twice as much as the former.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #809 of 7,911
Well, luckily for you, Effect Audio's copper Ares II has great upper-mid sparkle, and their silver Thor II has a rich bottom-end with a smoother treble. I guess it's a win-win either way, but please note that the latter costs twice as much as the former.
Well I am willing to consider up to the Horus.

I might have to give it a try but can't find any friendly dealers in my neighborhood. Apologize if I take your notes with a grain of salt especially the high end... Alot of that is a sparkle without richness and texture... More like a sprinkle... Sorry for the lack of words. Those who have listened to a high end LP setup may have better idea what I'm trying to convey...

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #810 of 7,911
Just published my review of the EROS II on THL and EverydayListening! Craftsmanship and ergonomics are as good as we have come to expect from EffectAudio and sonically, the EROS II is especially transparent, pairing perfectly to more laid-back earphones like the midrange Noble iems. And I just love the aesthetics of the cable, Effect Audio's new designs are such stunners!
dsc049121.jpg

dsc049201.jpg
Another great review Ryan! I have the Eros II coming in for a review soon and hope that I can turn out a decent review of it myself. I am very curious though, as I have the U6 in for review and @ostewart (who is loaning me both the U6 and Eros II) has been tempting me with the pairing. So far I have only listened with the stock cable (and already hate the ergonomics with a passion :p ) and M20 module, but working my way to the M15 module, Ares II and then Eros II. I am getting ever more curious! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back