Effect Audio cables thread
Dec 13, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #181 of 7,919
  Alas'! We're primed and ready to share the news on something we've been working on!

Presenting you...

"VE6 Limited Silver Edition"

The collaboration marks the start of Effect Audio's collaboration with Vision Ears​ and the "VE6 Limited Silver Edition" sprung forth with the exclusive tuning of VE6 with customized Litz Silver internal wiring to achieve higher details retrieval and holographic imaging!

Comes optimised with a "Bespoke Leonidas 8wire" as stock cable. Limited to 100 pieces available worldwide!

Cool stuff Eric - nice work

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #184 of 7,919
i did read the review but notice the link on the review was for the 26awg thor silver ii, not the ii+. Just wondering what impressions upping to 22awg of the ii+ Thanks anyway

Got it. Here is one: http://www.head-fi.org/products/effect-audio-thor-silver-ii/reviews/17466

Also PM Twister6. He has a Thor Sliver II+.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #186 of 7,919
Here in Europe we have 14 days after the date of purchase to return a product. I'm not sure there are international laws for this, in Singapore there are none (confirmed by a Singapore friend). If anyone knows for sure, please do tell.
Could they have taken it back, probably yes. Did they have to do so? Probably not. The whole story is a bit "special" as 2 cables were sent and there was no issue with the cable. The buyer (especially a seasoned reviewer who most likely has several cables) could have easily (gotten and) tested another cable before sending them back. But we all make mistakes, we're all human. Anyhow, could this have been handles better from both sides? To me, it could have.

On a more positive note: In our latest weekly series of articles you will discover what are the business insider’s favorite albums and tracks. We have contacted a broad selection of industry experts and each Wednesday you can discover one of those guy’s favorite albums and why this is so. This week we have Suyang from Effect Audio

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #187 of 7,919
Hello, would the leonidas cable fit well in terms of sound with the Empire Ears Zeus R ? And the 64Audio A6? Did anyone here try thiese combinations? 

Another query, will you soon get 4.4mm sony balanced cable termination?

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #188 of 7,919
Seem like Effect Audio release Gold plated Copper 4 wires (Rowan) coming with Empire Ears Merlin in Porta Festival.

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #190 of 7,919
Hello, would the leonidas cable fit well in terms of sound with the Empire Ears Zeus R ? And the 64Audio A6? Did anyone here try thiese combinations? 

Nobody?beautiful cable ironpeg

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #191 of 7,919

I bought a Leonidas for my Zeus. But my Zeus is the XIV-ADEL version. But I messaged someone who had tried the Leonidas with the non-ADEL Zeus-R. And here is what he said in our PM exchanges:

"Zeus-R sounded good with Leonidas. It should be better with Zeus. A smoother and more natural sound.."

It doesn't have a wide stage. In fact I don't like "big" stages, since it is an enemy of coherence. However, the depth is good.

Leonidas improves the overall resolution, but it mostly focuses on the tonality and lower body."

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #192 of 7,919
Effect Audio Leonidas - Physical Impressions

I purchased a Leonidas for my EE Zeus-XIV-ADEL. The cable arrived today. It came in the Effect Audio square box. Fortunately, the Round Leather case was in stock and so, I got one with my Leonidas.

- The cable is well made and looks really good. One can clearly tell, it is of high quality. It is very flexible and there is hardly any cable memory. Which directly translates to good comfort/ergonomics and easy handling/storing. The braids are closely locked and, they don't twist and turn. As for strength and durability, it is hard to tell at this point, but it does look very sturdy.

- Coming from the top, the IEM termination is the industry standard 0.78mm 2-pin connectors. The connectors now sport metal jackets/sleeves, that add to the aesthetics and protection of the connectors. The metal jackets have the Effect Audio logo on one side and the 'R' and 'L' markings on the other side. I personally would have preferred something like, 'Red' and 'Blue' rings around them, to denote Right and Left respectively. But that is me nitpicking. There is NO memory wire, which again helps in the ease of use and comfort. It does have a plastic tubing, to give the arch shape to be worn over ear.

- The cable slider is an '8' shaped transparent plastic loop. It works like a charm. It's very easy to, slide it up and down the cable.

- As for the 'Y' split, their current Carbon Fiber 'Y' split looks great, but I had read, those are a bit heavy. So I requested for their former, simpler, black plastic split, as I wanted something light. I heard, EA is coming up with a new lighter version of the Carbon Fiber 'Y' split.

- The source termination is EA's own Carbon Fiber SE 3.5mm connector. The connector just like the cable is well made and is of very good quality. It has an extension near the plug, so that you can fit into your smartphone cases.

Sound Impressions and Full Review to follow...

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #193 of 7,919
  Effect Audio Leonidas - Physical Impressions

- As for the 'Y' split, their current Carbon Fiber 'Y' split looks great, but I had read, those are a bit heavy. So I requested for their former, simpler, black plastic split, as I wanted something light. I heard, EA is coming up with a new lighter version of the Carbon Fiber 'Y' split.

Good to know. I found the new Y split heavy, but I did not think about asking to put the old one. Probably the cable I ordered will come with the heavy-duty version of carbon fiber...

I know exactly the difference between the Y split of plastic and the one of carbon fiber because I own the first version of Ares with the Y of plastic. In fact it is very light and you do not even feel weight.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #194 of 7,919
A big thank you to the effect audio team..

I made my order barely a week ago and my thor silver II+ has arrived.

Have only listened to it for an hour or so, so it is not burned in yet

So far impressions are very positive. More micro details are heard with good clarity.
Smoother, airier and extended treble, less bass bloat, deeper bass extension, vocals are more natural and details vocals stood out with less grainyness. What really stood out is the effortlessness and speed, compared my previous cable.

Build quality and suppleness of the cable is exceptional. Making it very user friendly.

Well done for a great product.
Many thanks to eric as well for great customer service.

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #195 of 7,919

Another query, will you soon get 4.4mm sony balanced cable termination?

Heyy @flipper203 ~
Yep, we do have the 4.4mm Sony Balanced Cable. We've yet gotten the chance to update the connector into the website. Meanwhile, "Leonidas" pairs pretty well with the Zeus XIV & Zeus R, recently we tested it alongside Jack Vang and the Zeus XR Adel at the portafest. The Zeus XR Adel is a beast! 

Seem like Effect Audio release Gold plated Copper 4 wires (Rowan) coming with Empire Ears Merlin in Porta Festival.

The "Rowan" is indeed a gold plated copper cable. However, its only released to pair with Merlin. Effect Audio will not be selling it separately, much like the case with "Excalibur". During the Portafest, "Merlin" was brought along as a soft launch. We will be announcing the official global launch shortly :)

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back