Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #1,141 of 7,919

TOUR ALERT!

"Lionheart" impresses many with the excellent price-to-performance value and it's stellar performance in it's 4 wired form ; Soon, "Lionheart 8w" will be on tour across 3 heavily dense audiophile regions - UK+EU / USA / ASIA with selected participants!

Stay tuned for more info and participating outlets!

I’m available in the UK. Just saying

Seriously though wouldn’t it be great to pick someone new who’s never had this kind of opportunity before.
#spreadthelove

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #1,142 of 7,919

TOUR ALERT!

"Lionheart" impresses many with the excellent price-to-performance value and it's stellar performance in it's 4 wired form ; Soon, "Lionheart 8w" will be on tour across 3 heavily dense audiophile regions - UK+EU / USA / ASIA with selected participants!

I am in Australia and would love for the scope of this to be opened to 'Australasia'

Nov 1, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #1,144 of 7,919
10022700.jpg

That's an amazing photo, and cable. The lighting balance, and contrast are excellent! Good luck for the tour. :)

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,147 of 7,919
I'm loving this case. :D

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #1,148 of 7,919

TOUR ALERT!

@EffectAudio , do you consider sending it to Brazil too? The curiosity about this cable is great ...

I wanted to compare it to Ares II and Thor SIlver II connected to my CIEM JH5.

Oh, I know I'm still owed a Thor Silver II review. I am evaluating it for 3 months in order to give a better opinion about the cable.

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #1,150 of 7,919
I'm really looking forward to the 8-wire Lionheart tour :D

The normal 4-wire is one of my favourite cables!

Nov 3, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #1,151 of 7,919
I'm really looking forward to the 8-wire Lionheart tour :D

The normal 4-wire is one of my favourite cables!
Yeah, would be really interesting to hear the difference between the 4-wire and the 8-wire!

Nov 3, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #1,152 of 7,919
Sorry for asking this silly question. Just wondering. What's the difference between the Ares II, with Thor Copper? They seem to share a similar (inviting) price. :) Beside one having SPC wire, and the other copper, what are their differences design, and sonic-wise?

By the way, I'm enjoying the Ares II with Spartan very much recently. What a nice pair, they seem to complement each other very well. The Ares II helps highlight the midrange more, providing it with extra clarity. The sound becomes less 'flat', and warm. It sounds more exiting than with the stock cable. Vocals, and instruments in the upper frequency no longer sound too warm for my taste. Female vocals sounded so much sweeter, without decreasing the fundamental power from their voice. The upper-mid seems to receive this extra sparkle, and air with the Ares II. It makes the entire presentation on the EE Spartan more transparent, and immersive.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #1,153 of 7,919
Sorry for asking this silly question. Just wondering. What's the difference between the Ares II, with Thor Copper? They seem to share a similar (inviting) price. :) Beside one having SPC wire, and the other copper, what are their differences design, and sonic-wise?
If I remember correctly, Eric told me that Thor Copper has some characteristics that are typical for SPC cables and will thus create a more V-shaped signature. I haven't heard it, but when I tried the DIY SPC Oscar sent along with Ares II a while back I could readily notice the difference in how the mids were presented: laid back with the SPC, more clear with Ares II.
By the way, I'm enjoying the Ares II with Spartan very much recently. What a nice pair, they seem to complement each other very well. The Ares II helps highlight the midrange more, providing it with extra clarity. The sound becomes less 'flat', and warm. It sounds more exiting than with the stock cable. Vocals, and instruments in the upper frequency no longer sound too warm for my taste. Female vocals sounded so much sweeter, without decreasing the fundamental power from their voice. The upper-mid seems to receive this extra sparkle, and air with the Ares II. It makes the entire presentation on the EE Spartan more transparent, and immersive.
Sounds very nice, glad you are enjoying them! :)

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,155 of 7,919

I have Ares II and I already had Thor Copper. Thor Copper has a more detailed sound, with more accurate bass and greater impact. It has a better extension and definition in treble than the Ares II. But the Ares II has more middle forward, sweeter, and a more musical sound. Basically that's the difference between the two cables.

Physical differences do not have many. They are very similar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back