Effect Audio cables thread
Oct 4, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #5,371 of 7,919
Hi all,

can conx consumers confirm that there is no degradation to sound?

If there are any noticeable changes, it’d be good to hear from you

thanks

E

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #5,372 of 7,919
Hi all,

thanks

E
ConX is a lovely system, I'm thinking of PMing EA soon to send in a bunch of cable for re-termination

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #5,373 of 7,919
Hi all,

thanks

E
I have several EA cables on conx (and plan to reterminate some other non-EA cable to conx once I stop being lazy and drop by EA office) I don't notice any sound degradation, the EA cables perform superbly compare to other competing brands.

That said, conx is not without issue, especially with mmcx , because the mmcx connector can be rotated, sometime the conx comes loose slightly without me knowing, then I hear sound issue, once I diagnose and found that conx was loose, and tighten it, then it all works as normal. So if you use conx with mmcx iem, I'd encourage tightening it real good and check frequently. No problem with 2pin so far. (you notice immediately if it comes loose with 2pin since it doesn't rotate normally.

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #5,374 of 7,919
Hi all,

thanks

E
None at all. EA use it for their own high-end cables so you can rest assured it's transparent.

Oct 4, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #5,375 of 7,919
I have several EA cables on conx (and plan to reterminate some other non-EA cable to conx once I stop being lazy and drop by EA office) I don't notice any sound degradation, the EA cables perform superbly compare to other competing brands.

That said, conx is not without issue, especially with mmcx , because the mmcx connector can be rotated, sometime the conx comes loose slightly without me knowing, then I hear sound issue, once I diagnose and found that conx was loose, and tighten it, then it all works as normal. So if you use conx with mmcx iem, I'd encourage tightening it real good and check frequently. No problem with 2pin so far. (you notice immediately if it comes loose with 2pin since it doesn't rotate normally.
Thanks this is really helpful - I'll be using MMCX mostly so I'll make sure to check the connector often!

Oct 4, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #5,376 of 7,919
Thanks this is really helpful - I'll be using MMCX mostly so I'll make sure to check the connector often!

It comes with a tool to tighten the connector, more secure then doing it by hand.

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #5,377 of 7,919
I only had brief experience with the ConX connector system, but I believe you can use the tool to tighten the base to the outer casing along with tightening the connector.

Once your 2-pin, MMCX, etc. connector is tight, if you hold the casing with one hand and tighten the connector with the other hand, it should tighten the base to the casing in parallel. If your base is loose, it may cause your connector to loosen. So both have to be tight with a bit of torque. Just a bit.

The base is where the wiring is soldered.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #5,378 of 7,919
Thanks Effect Audio for offering a open system on the ConX where your not locked in to one vendor. It could of easily been a closed system.

This has allowed me to build my dream IEM DIY cable with ConX on one end and WBT connectors on the other end:

WBT-71407.jpg

Also, thanks for paying special attention to low resistance on the ConX connectors during the design phase. For my desktop, I run Super Capacitors (ultra-low resistance), real-time kernel on my OS (ultra low resistance, low latency), run my OS all in RAM (ultra-low latency) and State of the Art oscillators. So the whole chain has a consistent theme of low resistance, low latency from the kernel and now onto the ConX. This allows for super fast transients and pro audio super fast bass. ConX has given me comfort that I don't have to sacrifice a connector weakness it the chain with the underrated low resistance capabilities.

t.png

It was my first time purchasing directly from Effect Audio and you guys were wonderful during the whole sales process. Previously, I just pick up Effect Audio from DMA Audio HK store when I'm in the hood but COVID has other plans. Amazing flexibility too with the ConX. I'm considering building headphone adapters for the A2DC ConX connector:

P1280495.jpg hr10A-7p-4p-connector-800x800.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #5,379 of 7,919
Hi all,

thanks

E
I had @EffectAudio convert most of my cables to ConX and can confirm that it does not degrade the sound at all. It’s an excellent system and the service from EA is terrific and super friendly. A lovely bunch of people.

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #5,381 of 7,919
Thanks all for comments. Interestingly, I also enquired about modular terminations, and Jane confirmed that they are upcoming soon!! She told me to keep an eye out on the Facebook page!

Oct 5, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #5,383 of 7,919
Thanks all for comments. Interestingly, I also enquired about modular terminations, and Jane confirmed that they are upcoming soon!! She told me to keep an eye out on the Facebook page!
I asked about modular temerminations on this thread back in February and was told that "while this is definitely an exciting idea this won't come in the near future". So I hope now that we are in October this is no longer considered the near future and modular terminations are indeed coming soon :relaxed:

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #5,384 of 7,919
I asked about modular temerminations on this thread back in February and was told that "while this is definitely an exciting idea this won't come in the near future". So I hope now that we are in October this is no longer considered the near future and modular terminations are indeed coming soon :relaxed:
Yes, pretty sure they are from what Jane told me!

Oct 7, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #5,385 of 7,919
IMG_20211007_230914.jpg

Seems like only one ring (cable from Effect Audio) had the Con X termination. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Might have to contact EA soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back