Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 6, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #4,908 of 7,865
Here’s something you don’t see everyday...IE800 with Effect Audio Horus X cable. 163E9271-8423-4CB8-85BB-5D8D311625EA.jpeg

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #4,909 of 7,865
Does anyone have an impression of a odin+ code 51 besides alex?😁 Been planning to get an odin. And i just ordered the code 51 for my project k a18t. So I was wondering if it will be a good match for the odin.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #4,910 of 7,865
Hey, everyone. My review of @EffectAudio's brand-new EVO 10 has just gone live on TheHeadphoneList.com! Though it's probably garnered most attention because of its swappable faceplates, I do think it's one of Effect's most interesting-sounding cables to date. It's got a lively, coloured, dynamic sound, but it's done in this smooth, broad, immersive fashion that I think will gel with a lot of people's preferences, and a lot of IEMs as well. As always, I hope you enjoy the review. Cheers! :)

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #4,911 of 7,865
Hey, everyone. My review of @EffectAudio's brand-new EVO 10 has just gone live on TheHeadphoneList.com! Though it's probably garnered most attention because of its swappable faceplates, I do think it's one of Effect's most interesting-sounding cables to date. It's got a lively, coloured, dynamic sound, but it's done in this smooth, broad, immersive fashion that I think will gel with a lot of people's preferences, and a lot of IEMs as well. As always, I hope you enjoy the review. Cheers! :)

I loooove the hardware on this. The black rectangular connectors are just :ok_hand:

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #4,912 of 7,865
Here is my take on the latest EA Cleopatra Pure Silver Litz cable. For sure, Cleo ain't your typical silver cable!

ea_cleopatra-04.jpg ea_cleopatra-05.jpg
I wonder if the Cleo would be a good pairing for the Z1R?

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #4,913 of 7,865
I wonder if the Cleo would be a good pairing for the Z1R?
Generally speaking, I’m wondering what EA cable would be the best pairing for the Z1R?

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #4,914 of 7,865
Does anyone have an impression of a odin+ code 51 besides alex?😁 Been planning to get an odin. And i just ordered the code 51 for my project k a18t. So I was wondering if it will be a good match for the odin.

I do, and it's my favorite pairing. The stock cable is very good on Odin, but I like the Code 51 better. It's even smoother to my ears, and produces a fuller bass impact. It makes the signature a touch warmer, which I think the Odin benefits from. The most noticeable to me is the larger bass impact though. Treble is a touch more natural, where it may have lost just an ounce of sparkle vs. the 1960. Overall, a great trade-off for me and it makes the Odin more versatile. Just my 2 cents, I would never recommend someone go out and replace a $1k cable with a $2k cable based on my own random thoughts :) But I enjoy it!

Other cables I've tried on Odin: 1960 4w (too bright, too lean), Horus X (same) and Leo II/Cleo bespoke (better than the first two, but still prefer Code 51).

-Collin-

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #4,915 of 7,865
I do, and it's my favorite pairing. The stock cable is very good on Odin, but I like the Code 51 better. It's even smoother to my ears, and produces a fuller bass impact. It makes the signature a touch warmer, which I think the Odin benefits from. The most noticeable to me is the larger bass impact though. Treble is a touch more natural, where it may have lost just an ounce of sparkle vs. the 1960. Overall, a great trade-off for me and it makes the Odin more versatile. Just my 2 cents, I would never recommend someone go out and replace a $1k cable with a $2k cable based on my own random thoughts :) But I enjoy it!

Other cables I've tried on Odin: 1960 4w (too bright, too lean), Horus X (same) and Leo II/Cleo bespoke (better than the first two, but still prefer Code 51).

-Collin-
It's like you read my mind my leo 2 is on it's way to EA to be bespoke leo cleo and was wondering about that. And the one im suing with my 18t is the pw4 wire 😂 im actually mins blown you answeres all my future inquiries in one go i cant believe it😂😂😂 anyways now im so excited for the code 51 odin combi. It think the sp2000 will add thrbloat sparkle on this combi. What source do you pair this combo?😁

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #4,916 of 7,865
It's like you read my mind my leo 2 is on it's way to EA to be bespoke leo cleo and was wondering about that. And the one im suing with my 18t is the pw4 wire 😂 im actually mins blown you answeres all my future inquiries in one go i cant believe it😂😂😂 anyways now im so excited for the code 51 odin combi. It think the sp2000 will add thrbloat sparkle on this combi. What source do you pair this combo?😁
Most of my listening is done on my iDSD Pro desktop combo, specifically on the "tube+" setting for Odin (but it's still a pretty neutral source). For DAPs, I use the Hiby R8 and I think that's a great match for the Odin signature-wise. Tiny bit of hiss on Turbo mode, but I'm not super bothered by that.

Enjoy the Odin and Code 51 if you go that route!

-Collin-

Apr 10, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #4,917 of 7,865
Hi guys, I've also been listening to the EVO10 last weeks so I wrote my perspective on it. TLDR; it's really grown on me for its unique timbre. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on it when you get the chance to hear it.

EVO10

EVO10.3.jpg

EA’s recent release interweaves strands of silver- and gold-plated copper to produce a signature constructed with recognizable elements. It would be tempting to state the EVO10 combines the best of the SPC and GPC worlds. But that wouldn't do it justice, because the wires have been combined to create a new type of sound.

For instance, there’s a clarity in the EVO10’s signature that could be retraced to the SPC wiring. However, it’s executed in a novel manner. In a way you could say it’s a cable for people that like the SPC clarity, while also valuing timbre.

In that regard it's somewhat similar to Eros II, which presents a natural sound without sounding warm. EVO10's tone could in a way be described as natural, but it's expressed in a different form than the warmish version people often tend to associate with natural. Therefore, I'd be more inclined to describe it as a variation of neutral.

SPC wires are generally characterized by, in my opinion, a somewhat sterile tonality: clarity at the cost of timbre. I’ve never really been a fan. But the EVO10’s tonality shines with a melodic ring throughout the midrange and lower treble, which brings the presentation to life. To me, it’s somewhat reminiscent of the (upper) mids of iems like the A18 and EM10. It’s hard to pinpoint it as warm or bright, or neutral or natural for that matter. Strangely enough, it seems to be a bit of all of those.

mmexport1618041066212.jpg

There’s a bit of extra energy in the midrange which makes the tonality a bit more vivid, without it sounding bright. This stems from the bass, which neither significantly increases nor decreases the overall mid-bass quantity. It provides a compact, punchy mid-bass. However, it’s not a particularly warm or dark bass, which allows the rest of the signature to open up.

As a result, there’s more clarity in the sound without resorting to a brighter treble. There’s a gentle sparkle in the lower treble that provides just a touch of crispness to the articulation of notes, but it’s well controlled and coherent with the midrange.

Hence, it’s a more pleasing, engaging clarity. A more ‘musical’ variation of a clear sound. I’m particularly enthralled of how electric guitars keep hitting a sweet spot, as well as electronic-based music with synthetic melodies such as pop or EDM. But overall, I’d say it’s a signature that is pretty comfortable with versatility.

EVO10 distinguishes itself by bringing something new to table, a unique addition to complement the rest. A different type of tone – one that suits listeners that don't necessarily prefer a warm sound, but still value tonality. Sure, for resolution, it won't outperform a higher classed silver-alloy cable like Leonidas or Horus. But when it comes to tone, EVO10 has undoubtably earned its place in EA's lineup.

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Apr 10, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #4,918 of 7,865
Most of my listening is done on my iDSD Pro desktop combo, specifically on the "tube+" setting for Odin (but it's still a pretty neutral source). For DAPs, I use the Hiby R8 and I think that's a great match for the Odin signature-wise. Tiny bit of hiss on Turbo mode, but I'm not super bothered by that.

Enjoy the Odin and Code 51 if you go that route!

-Collin-
Are the Odin senstive? Or is it just the turbo mo being too powerful? I just went the same route as your they finally arrived. Kinda disheartened at first since my dealer showed me empires reply was the earliest odin would arrive in 12 weeks but whala!it arrived in just 4. Thanks empire! EA is incredible just 4 days from SG to ph even with conx option. I'll share you my impression once i get them. Thanks again Collin 👌

Attachments

• received_485442329169224.jpeg
    received_485442329169224.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back